Bringing Birthday Cake onboard

SlingBlade

Ok I know you are allowed to bring unopened soda, snacks etc on board but are you allowed to bring a birthday cake on board? Traveling with a nice size group in Jan on Fantasy & my Sister would like to have a cake made & us bring it with us. Is this even allowed? Thanks!

It is a nice thought, but I seriously think it would not be allowed. I would suggest that you ask John Heald on his Facebook page and he can tell you what the official rule is.

They can make a cake for you on board, for a cost of course.

If it is or is not allowed... It would still be a pain! Trying to cart a cake around with all of your other carry on belongings and then have watch it melt in the heat as you wait in line! Yuck! No thanks! It is a lovely thought, but not a practical one. Carnival does do cakes, and they are quite tasty too! They even aren't that expensive compared to purchasing one form your local bakery. If it were me, I would order a cake or 2 (or 3, depending on the number in your party) and bring a few fun candles to make them more your own if you wish. Less drama, more FUN! You can have your cake and eat it too!

From the Carnival web site:

http://www.carnival.com/BonVoyage/Default.aspx?cat=Occasions+Cakes

"Occasions Cakes

Surprise a friend or loved one with a delicious "Special Occasions" cake one night at dinner while the waiters serenade them with a song. Wish them "Happy Birthday", "Happy Anniversary" or "Happy Honeymoon", with your choice of a 6-inch cake (serves up to 6) or a 9-inch cake (serves up to 10), vanilla with strawberry filling or chocolate with chocolate mousse filling."

$7.95/$9.95 each

Call ahead of time and then just ask for it on board. I'm sure Chef will be happy to make on for you I'm sure. Why would you want to lug a bd cake around for anyway? :eek:

This isn't a service they offer--could you imagine if the chef were expected to make a cake for every special occasion? As others have said, there are cakes that can be ordered. :p

I ordered the small chocolate cake for my husbands birthday and they had it waiting in the room for us when we got to the room. It was delicious. I'm planning on doing the same thing for our anniversary cruise in December.

I keep hearing how good these are! I'm pleased to hear it again as embarkation day of the second leg of our upcoming B2B is my birthday and my DD wants to know what kind of cake she should order. :D

I keep hearing how good these are! I'm pleased to hear it again as embarkation day of the second leg of our upcoming B2B is my birthday and my DD wants to know what kind of cake she should order. :D

Our table mates were celebrating their anniversary on our last cruise and had ordered a cake to be delivered after dinner one night...they offered us a piece and it was delicious!:D They are very inexpensive and I'm going to order one just because it was so tasty to be delivered to us one night after dinner! Yes, IMHO it was that good!:D

To OP I would order a couple of them for your big group!

Our table mates were celebrating their anniversary on our last cruise and had ordered a cake to be delivered after dinner one night...they offered us a piece and it was delicious!:D They are very inexpensive and I'm going to order one just because it was so tasty to be delivered to us one night after dinner! Yes, IMHO it was that good!:D

To OP I would order a couple of them for your big group!

Happy to hear that! Was it the chocolate cake with chocolate mousse filling or the vanilla with strawberry? :D

If it is or is not allowed... It would still be a pain! Trying to cart a cake around with all of your other carry on belongings and then have watch it melt in the heat as you wait in line! Yuck! No thanks! It is a lovely thought, but not a practical one. Carnival does do cakes, and they are quite tasty too! They even aren't that expensive compared to purchasing one form your local bakery. If it were me, I would order a cake or 2 (or 3, depending on the number in your party) and bring a few fun candles to make them more your own if you wish. Less drama, more FUN! You can have your cake and eat it too!

Agreed. The cakes they make are really delicious.

I've had them a couple of times thanks to tablemates celebrating something and thought there were fairly inedible. Both were very dry. But I'm not a cake fan.

I wouldn't pay for one.

I'd go to the coffee shop and get a huge slice of one of those that look like they are much, much better and just have a little celebration.

I agree. Why would you put yourself through the aggregation of lugging a cake around when you can arrange for one fairly cheap onboard.

Archived