Guarantees..............

Cosmic Rays

When these are booked, how and when does allocation of staterooms take place and how/where is it done?

Is it in the US or UK depending on where booked and the ship loadings when reservations made? We sail on the QE from Venice to Athens in September...........

I've only ever booked a guarantee once (on my QV cruise). The acbin was allocated about 6 weeks before departure. Only found out when i logged in to the personal area of the Cunard site and was surpised it had been allocated so far in advance.

When these are booked, how and when does allocation of staterooms take place and how/where is it done?

Is it in the US or UK depending on where booked and the ship loadings when reservations made? We sail on the QE from Venice to Athens in September...........

As far as I am aware, these can be allocated anytime up until sailing date.

Two examples that friends experienced; one couple had their cabin changed twice in the two months before sailing (and got great up-grades), another couple were given one cabin three months out, only to have it changed when checking in at the terminal (similar grade, different deck).

Very best wishes, have a wonderful time, QE is a great cruise ship :) (pictures via link below), Bon Voyage!

I am on QE in December and have already been given a cabin number (an upgrade from D7 to D1). However, on QM2 last year I did not get a cabin number until about 3 weeks before sailing.

I did not get any notification for QE, so it's worth checking your voyage personaliser every so often.

We've had a few guarantees.

The first was a P4 and we received a phone call about 3 weeks before sailing asking if we'd like an upsell to a Q4 and gave us the cabin number there and then.

Next was a P4 and we received a P1 about 5 weeks before sailing.

We also had a P3 and stayed with a P3.

Finally, we've just received our Q7 gty allocation (which is 6 weeks out) and given a Q4.

Ours haven't changed once allocated but it does appear that some do.

We have friends who have gone from a Q7 to a Q2 and also an amazing P1 to a Q2

If you're going fairly soon, keep checking your voyage personaliser as it should show anything between 6 weeks before sailing date to allocation on the day.

I am on QE in December and have already been given a cabin number (an upgrade from D7 to D1). However, on QM2 last year I did not get a cabin number until about 3 weeks before sailing.

I did not get any notification for QE, so it's worth checking your voyage personaliser every so often.

I chose a D2 on QV, because the diagram showed it was larger than the average inside cabin,it was really good as the closets were located away from the main door and the bathroom, also the room had a couch.

Have a good cruise.

There is no rhyme nor reason in the allocation of upgrades, regardless of the type of cabin originally GTY.

I have read of first timers going from a D cabin to a Queens grill , and yet of others very loyal past passengers whose upgrade only within the same letter grade was in fact next to the laundry (a terrible location).

Also it seems that those who book late and get "deal of a lifetime" then get a really big upgrade, whilst those who booked a year ahead, paying full price , and with many Cunard cruises to their credit get nothing.

Best wishes , for an upgrade that you will enjoy.

Booked a guarantee for a Novenmber cruise, not heard anything yet, last time, we had boarding tickets sent before we had a cabin allocated, had to fill the cabin number in ourselves :D

We sail 10/14 and just got our cabin assignment last week. We booked B5 gty and got a B2 assignment. However, the cabin they gave us was waaaaaay back near the kids area. So I went on the website and looked at what was available in the B2 cat. and saw a cabin available that was more midship, so I asked our TA if he could get it switched. And he did! Yay!

There is no rhyme nor reason in the allocation of upgrades, regardless of the type of cabin originally GTY.

I have read of first timers going from a D cabin to a Queens grill , and yet of others very loyal past passengers whose upgrade only within the same letter grade was in fact next to the laundry (a terrible location).

Also it seems that those who book late and get "deal of a lifetime" then get a really big upgrade, whilst those who booked a year ahead, paying full price , and with many Cunard cruises to their credit get nothing.

Best wishes , for an upgrade that you will enjoy.

The first time we sailed on QM2, we did get a "deal"! It was such a great deal that we couldn't pass it up and we booked it on a Tuesday and sailed on Saturday!! We got our cabin assignment when we boarded the ship! It was an "hull" cabin and it was just fine!! :D

Actually, I've been next to the laundry twice, and they were the quietest cabins I've been in. None of the drama I'd been promised. I was so disappointed- I'd been expecting to have my daily entertainment quota by noon.

I've also been upgraded from a D8 guarantee to an A4 balcony- but since it was a winter TA, wasn't really much of an upgrade.

Actually, I've been next to the laundry twice, and they were the quietest cabins I've been in. None of the drama I'd been promised. I was so disappointed- I'd been expecting to have my daily entertainment quota by noon.

I've also been upgraded from a D8 guarantee to an A4 balcony- but since it was a winter TA, wasn't really much of an upgrade.

Agreed! I think it depends on the ship....we have been near the laundry on the Ruby Princess and then the Grand Princess....no noise at all! And very convenient to do the laundry with it right across the hall!

Archived