I would like to Thank............

NiceAFT

We were on the Carnival Legend for July 4th, I had the most heart warming experience in the dining room. The waiters/waitresses put their hand over their heart and began to sing "God Bless America". Every American there stood, put their hand on their heart and sang with them.

So, Patriotic!!!!

We were on the Carnival Legend for July 4th, I had the most heart warming experience in the dining room. The waiters/waitresses put their hand over their heart and began to sing "God Bless America". Every American there stood, put their hand on their heart and sang with them.

So, Patriotic!!!!

From a yank, a big high five to Canada. As a life long hockey fan, one of the 3 hockey fans in California (not county the LA Kings bandwagon), I get angry when people bastardize your anthem, and take the word god out of it. Whether you believe in god or not, that is how it is sung, and it is a beautiful anthem.

I would glaly salute Canada on Rememberance day if I was in country at the time. I will be taking my first trip norht of the border next summer, looking forward to it!

So, Patriotic!!!!

How very nice of you to say that. It's so nice to see one Canadian who appreciates the U.S.

I remember reading how Canadians booed and yelled "Yankee go home" during the Vancouver Olympics. Kinda left a bad taste in my mouth about Canadians.

Thanks again.

Thank you Canadian. I hope they will do something for veterans day, as we will be sailing on that day. My DH gets tears in his eyes every time he hears our national anthem. I am glad your crew recognized our independence day. Thank you for posting.

From a yank, a big high five to Canada. As a life long hockey fan, one of the 3 hockey fans in California (not county the LA Kings bandwagon), I get angry when people bastardize your anthem, and take the word god out of it. Whether you believe in god or not, that is how it is sung, and it is a beautiful anthem.

I would glaly salute Canada on Rememberance day if I was in country at the time. I will be taking my first trip norht of the border next summer, looking forward to it!

At the start of every Vermont Dairy Festival they sing both the Star Spangled Banner and O Canada (the latter in both English and French).

So, Patriotic!!!!

As far as I know, they do that every cruise, unless they did away with it. Saw it on my first cruise way back in '88, and filmed it as often as possible after that.

Thank you Canadian. I hope they will do something for veterans day, as we will be sailing on that day. My DH gets tears in his eyes every time he hears our national anthem. I am glad your crew recognized our independence day. Thank you for posting.

On our last cruise on the Fascination the crew flew the Huge American flag in the Atrium for Veterans Day. The cruises now offer Veteran's meet and greets too.

How very nice of you to say that. It's so nice to see one Canadian who appreciates the U.S.

I remember reading how Canadians booed and yelled "Yankee go home" during the Vancouver Olympics. Kinda left a bad taste in my mouth about Canadians.

Thanks again.

Please do not put all canadians in the same boat as the minority of cretins who boo or yell out stupid remarks during a sports competition.

The vast majority of canadians appreciate the U.S.

I know i do!

Oh and by the way....we do believe in GOD:D

We were at sea on July 4th as well. In the atrium they had a huge American flag hanging down, and the CD made an announcement for all the veterans and active duty military to join him in the atrium at noon. They had quite a nice sized group congregate; both young and old. The CD of course thanked them all for their service. The ship photographer took photos and they had a tremendous cake decorated with blueberries and strawberries to look like the flag. I admit... I got alittle misty-eyed. It was a nice moment :)

how very nice of you to say that. It's so nice to see one canadian who appreciates the u.s.

I remember reading how canadians booed and yelled "yankee go home" during the vancouver olympics. Kinda left a bad taste in my mouth about canadians.

Thanks again.

ditto button

twindaddy, how are the other 2 fans doing?...lol

Just kidding, listen i hope that when u do come up north next summer that Montreal is the place u visit. If your gonna come to Canada that's the place to be.

Send me a pm, i'll show you the sights.If you come in the month of June will be in the finals, i'll take u to the Bell Center, my treat!:D

Canada has gotten my props since 9/11 when Don Cherry went on a rant during "Hockey Night in Canada" aboot how the Canadians need to step up and support America. It was a great rant and he took a lot of flack for it. I wish I could find it on YouTube! :D

Thanks again.

I lived about five minutes from Canada (Norther NY close to Vermont) most of my life. I can honestly say I have never personally experienced a single Canadian who was rude or snobbish. All were very friendly. My girlfriends and I got lost in Montreal one time and my French is very limited but there was a nice family that helped us get back on tract to where we were trying to go. Not only that but they gave us bottled water they had on them. Fabulously beautiful country with wonderful citizens.

On our last cruise on the Fascination the crew flew the Huge American flag in the Atrium for Veterans Day. The cruises now offer Veteran's meet and greets too.

Thanks, I will check out the funtimes. Cool about the American flag, looking forward to seeing that.

So, Patriotic!!!!

Awesome !

twindaddy, how are the other 2 fans doing?...lol

Just kidding, listen i hope that when u do come up north next summer that Montreal is the place u visit. If your gonna come to Canada that's the place to be.

Send me a pm, i'll show you the sights.If you come in the month of June will be in the finals, i'll take u to the Bell Center, my treat!:D

Maybe twindaddy could be here for our Canada Day on July 1 too...Celebrations on Parliament Hill are fantastic !! :)

Thanks again.

Not too long ago I watched a documentary on 9/11. It was eye opening and truly amazing what the Canadians did when the US banned all air traffic. It would get rid of the bad taste in your mouth.

I wish I remembered the name of the movie.

Archived