A GOLDEN review of the Inside Passage w/ GBay, including Pictures and Patters

CruiseAdict218

Enjoyed your review,thank you so much for sharing with us.

Have done the Alaskan cruise on the Coral a few years ago and you have brought it all back for us. Loved the video and the music.

Safe travels.:)

Thanks for posting about your trip and for scanning the patters! I like reading about the most traveled couple on the cruise :)

It's so cool that you've done several cruises at only 17! I really wish I had gotten about a 10 year head start!

OP;

Great review. Thanks for taking the time to post your thoughts. I was looking at the patters and see that Joel is the executive chef. I met him on the Emerald during our Chef's Table dinner is 2008. Also saw him on the Ruby for the T/A last October. He actually remembered DW and I from the 2008 CT. He's a class act.....:):):)

Bob

Please note, its a 9 min. & 30+ second video and it has music, if you don't want to listen to the music, mute the volume on the video. Enjoy

I guess on this verison of vBulletin, you can't post videos directly in posts, so theirs the link above.

Cool picture video. Thanks for sharing the link.....:):):)

Bob

OP;

Great review. Thanks for taking the time to post your thoughts. I was looking at the patters and see that Joel is the executive chef. I met him on the Emerald during our Chef's Table dinner is 2008. Also saw him on the Ruby for the T/A last October. He actually remembered DW and I from the 2008 CT. He's a class act.....:):):)

Bob

Good Stuff, thank you

Srpilo

Your welcome!

Thanks for posting about your trip and for scanning the patters! I like reading about the most traveled couple on the cruise :)

It's so cool that you've done several cruises at only 17! I really wish I had gotten about a 10 year head start!

Your welcome, there were very few Elite (according my aunt), who went to the Elite Cocktail Party (Captain decided not to do the Elite Lunch), a lot of Blues/Golds. And I'm very forunate to have done the cruises that I've done. :D Best vacations ever.

AWESOME notes... my goodness, did you have a "dictaphone" with you :) Really appreciate the info on the cruise... It's our first Princess, and it is a family event. 3 generations... ages 3-63. We are so looking forward to this vacation... Again, thank you

Thank you for telling me what really happened at the pool, Cruiseadict218!

Several passengers had told us that a boy drowned in the pool that day.

My kids were pretty freaked out by that obviously, that's why I wanted to know if it was true or not.

I am glad to know that he did not drown, but still, what a horrible accident. I am going to review pool drain safety with my kids now.

I also hope that poor boy recovers quickly :(

He must have been the patient we saw taken off the ship in Seattle on a gurney into an ambulance.

We were on the same cruise that you were and did not hear that rendition of what happened at the pool. My husband was there when it happened and said that three men pulled the boy from the bottom of the pool. He was badly bruised and needed CPR, but was okay.

http://www.cruiselawnews.com/

cruiselawnewsdotcom

Worth a few minutes of your time especially if traveling with children. I consider it a safety briefing. Makes you think before you get into trouble. Like watching a reality TV show.

I am not affiliated with any legal anything.

For sure! Thank you for this. The CNN special was most enlightening and we'll be having discussions with our kids for sure.

Hi,

Not trying to hijack this thread, but does anyone know how we can find out the outcome of the investigation into the pool? I too was on this cruise and came upon the lido and they had a ton of staff there with Sheets up for privacy while they were working on the boy, but I didn't want to get in anyone's way so left back to my cabin and we prayed about it. I want to see if there is anything we can do to promote more safety measures.

Regards

Hi,

Not trying to hijack this thread, but does anyone know how we can find out the outcome of the investigation into the pool? I too was on this cruise and came upon the lido and they had a ton of staff there with Sheets up for privacy while they were working on the boy, but I didn't want to get in anyone's way so left back to my cabin and we prayed about it. I want to see if there is anything we can do to promote more safety measures.

Regards

I've actually been really curious, about this as well, maybe passengers from last weeks cruise may know the answer?

I was in the neptune pool with my daughters at the time of the incident and the first trying to get the boy out.

He was stuck on a pool outlet where the protective cover was missing.

No skin was cut or arm cut off, but the suction on the outlet was strong enough that I could not get the boy to the surface by myself.

I am sure the incident had nothing to do with the boy not being able to swim well enough. He was likely just playing and diving in the pool and had no chance to free himself once he got too close to the opening.

Even without the cover there has to be other safety equipment in place to prevent suction from building up that could trap somebody under water. None of this was in place or it was not functioning.

I had talked to the safety officer on board the next day and he assumed some kids had removed the cover of the outlet. That already should not have possible. It cant be that hard to make a cover that can only be removed with special tools and not by a kids under water.

I have since contacted Princess Cruises via their customerrelations email contact stating the safety concerns. I have not heard back from them yet.

Also when disembarking from the cruise i saw coast guard officers looking at the emptied pool. They had been notified of the incident and are investigating.

We were on that cruise and when I saw the drained pool I had a strange feeling. Thank God my kids didn't use that pool. It was too chilly so they only used the hot tubs. I can't imagine what that boy's parents must have felt. He could have drowned, and because of a faulty or nonexistent filter cover?? Really?

I sure hope the Coast Guard investigates. And Princess had better check that pool and all of the filters, and all of their ships' pools for that matter. On such an expensive cruise line I just assumed that their pools were safe for my kids.

Archived