Fall 2012 All-Stars Season of DWTS Formal Gowns

I'm not too fond of the whole 'All Stars' concept, especially the way they are doing it. If they had all been winners, or at least runner-up, it would make more sense. Of course I realize they had to take who would or could actually do it again. I think they should each have had a different pro, but, again, you are dealing with egos here, and probably some wouldn't committ if they didn't get their way.

The scoring seems strange too, though I like the half point. Most of the really good dancers were scored much lower than they would normally have been, but I suppose the judges realize they have to have someway to go up later in the competition.

I thought Pamela Anderson was acting very strangely too, like she was high on something. She has acted like that other times though; I noticed it was not so pronounced on results night.

If she wasn't 'high', then it's time to ditch the ditzy sex kitten routine with the hair flinging and deep breathing. She was the obvious choice to go home and thank goodness she did. I feel sorry for her partner, though.

Did anyone watch that whole bloated results show? I gave up after a few of the couples were back on and just watched bits and pieces here and there. Way-too-long. As a result I didn't even notice Brook's dress.

I guess I'm in the minority of hating the black gown--to me it look like something that belonged on my grandaughter's Barbie doll, way to stiff.

It's obvious Brooke has had even more 'work' done and doesn't even look like herself anymore. Several of the others have that same plumped up pulled tight look as well.

Okay, being very negative here. I thought many of the dances were really great and there were some lovely gowns as well. Yay for the Emmy for Tom, he is far and away my favorite host, with Cat Deely in second. We should see a real fight for the winner with so many already great dancers.

[quote=Nebr.cruiser;35502193 I think they should each have had a different pro..... Did anyone watch that whole bloated results show? I gave up after a few of the couples were back on and just watched bits and pieces here and there.

It's obvious Brooke has had even more 'work' done and doesn't even look like herself anymore. Several of the others have that same plumped up pulled tight look as well.

I do agree with you about changing out to a different pro. If some did, why not all?

I fast forwarded a lot of it. I don't get into the rehashing and all the talk.

I will have to look close at Brooke.

Was on vacation in Italy when the season started so darn, I have no idea what you all are talking about.... But glad to be back home and joining in the conversations.

LOL, I may have to watch re runs to see what you were all saying about Pamela... Really I cant even consider being drugged or tipsy and dancing... Ballroom dance is hard enough without these kind of distractions...

I'm very surprized to find NO post here about Brooke's dress tonight!! Did anyone like it or did you find it as strange (as in UGLY), as I did? Silver

I agree...it was strange and ugly.....to be honest, when I first saw it

I thought it might have been her skin showing through:rolleyes:...then I realized

it was beige material......(or something:eek:).

Hello all! I'm back from cruising. Got home in time to only miss the first couple last night. I still have to watch the first show, TV programming on the ship was weird and I was having dinner from 8-10pm anyway.

I thought Brooke looked very pretty last night. I liked her gown style, but not the colour combo. Maybe better if the banding and the lining were the same colour or colour family.

Apollo was my favourite last night, but it's amazing watching all the dancers do so well on only the second show since they've all had the previous training.

Kristy may be the one who will be getting on my nerves, but Mak's brother Val is looking better than ever this season! ;)

Didn't like Brooke's dress at all last night. I'm not a fan of the whole faux nude stuff.

I will say, how far will their costume designers go with their lack of clothing on the women? Some of those bottoms last night were very close to being something that belongs on the Playboy channel. I'm no prude, but some of those costumes nearly showed every private body part. Sexy is one thing, but things that are better seen in Hustler are another.

Surprised about who was voted off, but his attitude was nasty. I really thought Bristol would be the one voted off.

Nasty? I do have some catching up to do. I missed that about him.

Bristol will probably go on and on like last time. :confused:

I wasn't impressed with Brooke's dress last night. Short, black and one strap I can buy in our mall any day.

Katherine Jenkins' dress didn't look like the top fit very well while she was singing. The younger singers dress was way too short. I thought I was going to see London and France when they were shooting her coming down the stairs.

I didn't see last night's show, had to run my mom to the emergencey room. (She's fine--had a minor wound that wouldn't stop bleeding due to all the blood thinners she is on.)

I'm not surprised, though, at who was voted off. His attitude seemed off to me too, and his dancing wasn't among the best, even though he did put on a very good show. I was surprised at the other one in the bottom two.

This year, even more than ever, popularity and following will have a big influence on who wins, not who is the 'best' dancer. There are several who are really superb dancers and really popular.

Bristol is probably the poorest dancer of those left, although she has improved a lot, but she has a big following, so we will see.

Nasty? I do have some catching up to do. I missed that about him.

Bristol will probably go on and on like last time. :confused:

I wasn't impressed with Brooke's dress last night. Short, black and one strap I can buy in our mall any day.

Katherine Jenkins' dress didn't look like the top fit very well while she was singing. The younger singers dress was way too short. I thought I was going to see London and France when they were shooting her coming down the stairs.

He was just really snarky and a smart alec.

I didn't know two were being dumped next week. My guess, Kirstie and Bristol.

He was just really snarky and a smart alec.

I didn't know two were being dumped next week. My guess, Kirstie and Bristol.

I agree, it should be Kirstie and Bristol, but they both seem to be popular, so who knows?

I hate it when they kick off two in one week!

I agree, it should be Kirstie and Bristol, but they both seem to be popular, so who knows?

I hate it when they kick off two in one week!

Me too, especially when it's someone who doesn't deserve to be kicked off.

Brooke's gown was a lovely colour last night and I liked the big wide metal belt, but something about it was lacking somehow for me. :confused:

A lot of the dances last night I didn't really feel were any more special than a regular show. The theme of changing someone else's dance was a bit confusing. To me all they did was use the song over.

Loved Gilles' dream opening to the dance.

Liked the giant cape at the beginning of Val/Kelly's dance.

Shawn and Derek put a ton of energy into their dance.

Maks' looked nothing like himself. They must have put a ton of makeup on him. I hardly recognized him.

I didn't think Maks/Kristie's actual dance was great though. Same with Bristol/Mark, Sabrina/Louis, Emmitt/Cheryl and Melissa/Tony. Gosh, I'm hard to please this week!

Bristol has made a huge improvement from the first time she was on the show.

I liked Brooke's dress last night. It was much more casual than some of her gowns this year, not so over-the-top. I didn't catch if it was short or long; I'm assuming long. We didn't get to watch the show until late, so I zipped through it really fast (DVR) and didn't watch much of the interviews.

There were some spectacular dances last night, really fun to watch. So many are good this year, it's hard for me to tell who did better, except for a couple of notable exceptions (Bristol, Kirstie) who are doing good for them, but not great.

The judges sure are tough; I understand why, but I think on regular seasons several routines would have already gotten 10's. Carrie Ann apparently really, really doesn't like Bristol--her remarks last week were uncalled for and downright mean; they weren't the only ones that broke hold, but the only ones that got chewed out for it.

Wow, and I thought the judges were quite easy, gushing over dancers who I don't think deserved it. I watched Kelly Monaco's dance a few times and while she did the "gymnastic" portion of her dance, I saw a lot of missteps when she was actually dancing, but the judges just gushed. Same for Kirstie. She looks to have one basic move, and I call it the Michael Jackson Thriller move---where arms are in front and her hands and wrists are turned downward. She uses that "pose" all the time in her dances.

But I sure did like Bristol calling out Mark---not a Palin fan but she did have a point. I think she's totally right in her opinion. Mark likes being with the hot babes, those that have a shot at winning, and we all know Bristol will be off sooner rather than later. I really started disliking Mark last season as his head has gotten too big for his britches.

Didn't like Brooke's dress at all. I was waiting for the heaving bosoms to pop out. The color was nice, but I didn't think the belt worked.

Brooke's dress tonight appear to be a short tight champange bandage dress. The colour would drain me, but Brooke's tan is a warm contrast. Seen the style on her before. I think her hair is hiding 1/2 black straps that I noticed from the back. Makes me wonder if she has body tape or hair pins on the front straps to keep her hair from moving and showing them.

I liked Brooke's dress tonight--I agree the color wouldn't work for many, but did for her.

The reason I said the judges are being tougher is because, to me, on a normal week 3 season, with newbies, if a couple did anything close to some of the dances last night (certainly not all), 10's would have been out. I do think they are strangely easy on certain performers (Kelly, Emmet,) especially.

But, with the so-called 'All Stars', the standards have apparently been raised, which if fine if they are applied equally.

I'm not very happy about at least one of the two who left tonight. And, the two least talented dancers are still here.

I'm not very happy about at least one of the two who left tonight. And, the two least talented dancers are still here.

Very disappointed in who went home!

Me too! After the first vote I just sat in my chair with my mouth open. During the second reveal I was fearing the worst anyway. I was sending home 4 other stars before the two that got kicked off.

Archived