Charge for room service?

annim

Just read a review that said they were charged $12 each time room service came to the room. Is this true? We haven't sailed NCL in a few years, but we weren't charged. Gotta have that pot of coffee/wake up call in the morning! Just don't want to pay $12 for it:)

Thanks~

$12? Ridiculous! Or at least I will think it's ridiculous if that's indeed the charge when I sail in November. OP - can you supply a link to that review? Would love to see what else that reviewer got wrong.

Back in January of this year, the charge for room service delivery between midnight and 5am was $3.95. It's possible that it has changed slightly since January but I strongly doubt that it's $12 now.

Other than the late-night delivery, room service is free with the exception of the pizza-delivery service, which can be delivered anywhere on the ship and costs $5. (Well worth the $5, I might add.) Lastly, the room service menu does include a number of items that do carry a charge, items that are probably geared towards catering to small cabin parties (e.g., shrimp platter).

The review is on here - (at least I THINK it's on the CC site) and honestly she was a grump. She's a grump, and evidently she "embellished" her experience. Guess I just need to make sure that coffee comes after 5 a.m. lol

Thanks for the input:)

The review is on here - (at least I THINK it's on the CC site) and honestly she was a grump.

Oh yeah, I remember reading a review like that and thinking what in the world are they talking about? Then I wondered if maybe they had ordered soft drinks or bar drinks to have with their food, and were upset there was a charge? :confused:

I tried to find it again, but geesh - I've read so many reviews they're starting to blend together into one large ship LOL. I'll have to keep searching for it.

In the meantime look at these copies of some of the room service breakfast door hangers that you fill out and hang on your door the night before that computerworks posted - doesn't say which ship, but probably will be similar on most, and notice NO CHARGES on the items :D

6972824025_c3e869581d_b.jpg

Suite room service breakfast door hanger (more choices)

6972824069_cf1faf6796_b.jpg

Yay I finally found it again! It was a Sky review, and it said:

After breakfast, we returned to the room to get our bags. The bill was on our door. We were flabbergasted to find out that NCL charges $12.00 for each time you call room service, for a total of $96.00, in our case! This was such an unwelcomed surprise. NONE of the other cruises ever charged us for room service!

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=103391

Yay I finally found it again! It was a Sky review, and it said:

After breakfast, we returned to the room to get our bags. The bill was on our door. We were flabbergasted to find out that NCL charges $12.00 for each time you call room service, for a total of $96.00, in our case! This was such an unwelcomed surprise. NONE of the other cruises ever charged us for room service!

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=103391

Yet another reason why there should be some way for misstatements and/or false claims to be challenged on these reviews, whether it's directly or through a go-between editor.

P.S. I'm not talking about opinions. All opinions should be allowed to stand. After all, everybody is entitled to an opinion. However, statements should not be accepted as facts if they are questionable (i.e., ambiguous claim needing clarification or a blatantly wrong statement).

Yet another reason why there should be some way for misstatements and/or false claims to be challenged on these reviews, whether it's directly or through a go-between editor.

ITA, and I bet the cruise lines would really appreciate corrections also. ;)

FYI check out this claim from a Pearl reviewer I just saw when I was searching for the link I posted above. OMG :eek:

Bartenders in the Martini Bar were rude and thieves. They poured half drinks in our glasses and then took the remainder of the drink from the shaker and drank it in front of us! OUR over priced $10 martinis andd they drank 1/2 of it!

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=107024

Even in the hours when room service is free, it is customary to leave a tip for the person who brings you the food|drinks
Room service is not free it is included in your cruise fare like all any other included venue for food. . Since it is included in your daily service charge my experience has been not to double tip. If you want to double tip by all means do so but don't tell others what is not customary but is your personal preference.

Aren't we all happy that she will go back to Royal Caribbean?

NO NO NO because people like me who also cruise on Royal Caribbean do not need someone like her sailing with us. :p BTW Royal also charges a fee for room service between the ours of midnight and 5 AM.

Archived