My stateroom has changed, I want them to change it back......

I don't know what class you are booked in, however 9534,9542,9546,9558,9568,9572,9574,9584,9596,9598.9600,9626,9224,9226,&9242 all Cat D1 are open at this time on the Radiance Nov 17,2012 cruise in your signature.

We are in an inside cabin :-( It is an extra $3500k for us to pay to get back on to deck 9. I wish I could afford that, but I just can't .

I would be a basket case. My 2 sisters and niece and nephew booked their rooms same time I did. We wanted the same deck and close to each other. We booked over the phone. I hope you can get this all straightened out and like one of the posters said, just all 3 of you change cabins on another deck if necessary to be close to each other. That is what I would do. :)

I really like this idea. I think if all else fails I will ask for all three of us to be moved. I just so devastated.

Actually on the US site it can be very easy to do it without noticing, if you have your reservation open in a browser, and then open another tab to check for a price drop, or an available cabin on the same cruise you are booked on, if you select a cabin, as in checking for a price drop, it can cause the cabin to be changed on your reservation, as it is still open on the same computer. You can then close all your browser windows, without even knowing your reservation has changed. Been there done that, but caught it.

Wow, I can see how that would be a big problem! Thanks for letting posting the warning :eek:

I have to agree with pcur- someone with some pull wanted that interior to go with their balcony or suite across the hall and they just bumped you. We've read about this kind of unscrupulous behavior on the part of their phone reps before. It just is too sneaky to be a coincidence (like the guy who took a booking he knew he couldn't make because of kids alone in a cabin but conveniently changed a digit to the birth year to " make it work" so he could collect his commission. The lady was eventually told she couldn't sail, and didn't, because she had too many kids alone in cabins- easy to deny as a "typo", but makes you wonder- total nightmare)

I'd keep rattling; someone's name has to be attached to the change somewhere! But you will need a solution and moving all 3 is a good one, if there is room elsewhere.

I do hope this works out for you.

I really like this idea. I think if all else fails I will ask for all three of us to be moved. I just so devastated.

As people have said, be persistent, and ask to speak to someone in resolutions. If it is their fault, they should find a way for you to be near your linked cabins.

As people have said, be persistent, and ask to speak to someone in resolutions. If it is their fault, they should find a way for you to be near your linked cabins.

I understand that they don't believe this is their fault. They believe (according to their records) that I made the change online myself. I understand some have suggested that I may have done this accidentally, but I just know that I didn't. I am fairly tech-savvy and have never had a problem with their website. I am sure I would have noticed myself changing myself away from my friends and family on deck 9, down to deck 4!!!!

A bit of my word against theirs and unfortunately, I'm not (yet) a loyal customer that they want to 'keep happy'. This will only be my second cruise with them, however I am bringing 10 'first time' cruisers (who have booked 3 other staterooms) with me..............

I understand that they don't believe this is their fault. They believe (according to their records) that I made the change online myself. I understand some have suggested that I may have done this accidentally, but I just know that I didn't. I am fairly tech-savvy and have never had a problem with their website. I am sure I would have noticed myself changing myself away from my friends and family on deck 9, down to deck 4!!!!

A bit of my word against theirs and unfortunately, I'm not (yet) a loyal customer that they want to 'keep happy'. This will only be my second cruise with them, however I am bringing 10 'first time' cruisers (who have booked 3 other staterooms) with me..............

As others have stated, they should be able to see the dates that any changes were made to your reservation. I highly doubt that you made a change like this by mistake. It doesn't take a lot of effort, but it certainly takes a few steps, to change your cabin. This is especially so if you are also changing decks and categories. As I remember from the last time that I made a change I also had to click on a "save changes" button.

Stand your ground. I an very much in agreement with Familygoboston. Something does not smell right with this.

Was this (technically) an upgrade to a higher category? Is your profile marked for automatic upgrade? Can you all move your cabins to another deck...maybe 8 or 4?

The OP has stated that RCI told her that she changed the cabin herself.

Call and ask to speak to resolutions.

I read that, but there are many reports of variable statements made by various reps. I think it is a valid question.

Agreed. So an easy question would be... does the OP now have an ocean view cabin? If not then she was not up graded. Deck 4 on Radiance has only ocean views and insides.

OP.... what is the answer to that question?

I would like to think that this day and age, they will know when that cabin change was made and by who. I would think the computer program knows who did what. They should know exactly who moved that cabin (I'm guessing).....if a couple of reps say that the OP was the one that changed it, then I'd guess they can see in the system who did what and it was done. Obviously it was done by mistake, but they sound like they know who did it.

So I would confirm somehow if they can tell you exactly who changed it, and the date and time......Then go from there

I would like to think that this day and age, they will know when that cabin change was made and by who. I would think the computer program knows who did what. They should know exactly who moved that cabin (I'm guessing).....if a couple of reps say that the OP was the one that changed it, then I'd guess they can see in the system who did what and it was done. Obviously it was done by mistake, but they sound like they know who did it.

So I would confirm somehow if they can tell you exactly who changed it, and the date and time......Then go from there

With most companies' websites, that would probably be true. But you have to remember we're talking about RCI's IT department here. Not exactly known for their outstanding website.

OP, if they don't resolve this to your satisfaction soon, perhaps you can use the fact that you are bringing along 10 new cruisers as leverage. Basically threaten to cancel all the reservations and go on another cruise line if they don't make it right.

I would think that in this day and age the programmers would have it prompting...."You are about to change your cabin category"..." Do you want to proceed"

I have heard a few times of people get caught off guard by a simple curiosity of what is out there in available cabins...and bingo...they have been switched.

And believe me I am one for not getting down on their IT department, but this one has been a problem through out the years.

With most companies' websites, that would probably be true. But you have to remember we're talking about RCI's IT department here. Not exactly known for their outstanding website.

Fully agree. The RCCL site is downright awful, from poor performance, to dead links, to cumbersome navigation.

A few months ago, RCL did this to someone else, and claimed that they had changed it themselves. I believe you. As unfair as this might have been, it would be good to be flexible at this point to try to resolve this with the least amount of time and stress. A good solution would be to see if all 3 cabins can be booked together on a different floor, or moved near the stairs of adjacent floors. Also, you mentioned that it is final payment time. Maybe someone won't make their final payment and you can get another 9th floor inside cabin.

Agreed. So an easy question would be... does the OP now have an ocean view cabin? If not then she was not up graded. Deck 4 on Radiance has only ocean views and insides.

OP.... what is the answer to that question?

No i was not upgraded. I have gone from one inside cabin to another inside cabin. No category change and DEF no upgrade :-(

She told me a date that she believes I made the changes on my computer.

No i was not upgraded. I have gone from one inside cabin to another inside cabin. No category change and DEF no upgrade :-(

She told me a date that she believes I made the changes on my computer.

what category? K maybe? I see three adjacent K's on deck eight (8629, 8631, 8633) on the cruise in your signature. Would those work for your party?

Actually on the US site it can be very easy to do it without noticing, if you have your reservation open in a browser, and then open another tab to check for a price drop, or an available cabin on the same cruise you are booked on, if you select a cabin, as in checking for a price drop, it can cause the cabin to be changed on your reservation, as it is still open on the same computer. You can then close all your browser windows, without even knowing your reservation has changed. Been there done that, but caught it.

Thank you for sharing this; that is slightly disturbing that it can be changed so easily though. I was trying to change the room for my Jewel cruise, but I can't find the modify button.

what category? K maybe? I see three adjacent K's on deck eight (8629, 8631, 8633) on the cruise in your signature. Would those work for your party?

I think this will be the solution I end up going with. I really appreciate the time you kind people have taken to talk this through with me.

I will let you know what RC say........

********** UPDATE **********

I received an email back from RC today who said that they have moved me to a cabin on deck 8. This cabin is very close to a stairway connecting the two decks and is apparently very close. They also said they are contacting guests on deck 9 to see if any of them are willing to swap. (not liking my chances much)

At this stage I am fairly happy with this resolution. It's not back on deck 9, but it's not all the way down on deck 4 either.

Will keep the thread updated as I hear more.

Archived