Port canaveral parking free??

Wallyworld3370

Is there anywhere around or near port canaveral that is free to park like a Walmart for example and just catch a taxi to the port?

Do you realize that if you do this you are on private property and the property owner can have your vehicle towed if it is left unattended for an extended period? This is not a good idea.

Is there anywhere around or near port canaveral that is free to park like a Walmart for example and just catch a taxi to the port?

For that matter, just leave your car on the side of the road near the entrance to the port. Either way it won't be where you left it when you return.

Well thanks guys. I'll just leave it on the side of the road and pray it gets towed. You are probably the same people that complain about food and long lines on ships. Get back to work and stop polluting this thread

Thanks for the wise words, I'll be sure to do that. :p

Seriously, go to the Florida Departures board here, type in "Port Canaveral + parking" in the Search this forum box, and you will get a couple dozen hits. This has been discussed before many times over there.

Well thanks guys. I'll just leave it on the side of the road and pray it gets towed. You are probably the same people that complain about food and long lines on ships. Get back to work and stop polluting this thread

My suggestion was to point out that leaving your car in a Wal-Mart parking lot was a sure-fire way to get it towed. I have no complaints about food on board cruise ships nor issues with any lines I may have to wait in. Unsure how the thread got "polluted".

There is no free parking anywhere around Port Canaveral. Your options are to pay to park at the port, pat for an off-site lot or utilize an area hotel's "park and cruise" package which includes a one-night stay and the ability to leave your car at the hotel while you are gone.

Seriously? :eek::rolleyes:

Do you realize that if you do this you are on private property and the property owner can have your vehicle towed if it is left unattended for an extended period? This is not a good idea.

Wallyworld, your response makes no sense. You are given correct information and you bring up irrelevant topics. Never understand why people do this when they don't get the answer they want. Leave your car in a private lot, such as Walmart, or on the side of the road and no prayer is necessary. It will be towed at the end of the day. That will cost you hundreds of dollars after the fines, towing and impound fee.

Keep this link handy, you may need it:

http://www.ccautobodyfl.com/impound

Hey Wallyworld--I also live in Winston!:)

I am not aware of any free lots near the port. I also would not recommend parking in a private lot for obvious reasons.

Have you checked out any of the hotels that offer the cruise and stay package? We are doing that with Doubletree and it was only $40 more for the week vs. the regular room rate.

You could always leave the car at home and hitchhike to the port. No worries about your car being towed.

Your honest remarks are also very condescending and while you may need to act that way to make your self all warm and fussy inside, I was curious if anyone has found any interesting ways to save a buck. I prefer to spend my cash in other venues than a parking lot. So please take your polluting remarks to another thread. I do know about the park and cruise and the other parking solutions thank you. Hey Winston Salem. Knew I could count on you to not be ugly lol. I'm in the clemmons area

I also directed you to the board where this topic is discussed daily. Sorry if you feel that polluted the thread.

By the way, I have never complained about cruise food, nor about lines. Good luck finding free parking. Remember, you get what you pay for.

The OP is a complainer, on another post he/she was taking people to task for having more money and enjoying expensive things. Someone that wants to cruise and not spend any money!

If you post a question, you should expect an answer and not always going to be what you want to hear.

I oppose people that do not have positive input to an op question. I know some of you did have something that was positive by telling me not to park in a private lot bc I would be towed. But you apparently want a laugh at someone else's expense by acting snoody. If you look at my other posts they are attacking people that shouldn't be speaking on a thread bc it has zero positive input to the op. it is someone hiding behind their computer being the cruise line police and it's sad. Not everyone has the money you may have. Some people may need to save a buck. While you may think you're saying something to help watch your tone and how you say it. My feeling on this thread is you are most condescending and looking to start trouble. Be nice

I oppose people that do not have positive input to an op question. I know some of you did have something that was positive by telling me not to park in a private lot bc I would be towed. But you apparently want a laugh at someone else's expense by acting snoody. If you look at my other posts they are attacking people that shouldn't be speaking on a thread bc it has zero positive input to the op. it is someone hiding behind their computer being the cruise line police and it's sad. Not everyone has the money you may have. Some people may need to save a buck. While you may think you're saying something to help watch your tone and how you say it. My feeling on this thread is you are most condescending and looking to start trouble. Be nice

So you don't consider being told not do something that could cost you lots of money as being positive? Would you have preffered to be told sure it's okay to do that and then come back after 7 days and find your car gone and have to pay expensive impound fees? The last thing I would want is to return and have to pay hundreds of $$$'s to get my car back.

Dude, you're hilarious.

Save a buck? Gotcha. ;) Did you go to the Florida board and get ideas of where to park? Did you even do that? Did you compile a list of the parking facilities near the port? Will you be using any of them? Did you call or e-mail any of them? What did you decide in the end? You know you can't park anywhere for free.. curious as to how you're going to save that buck.

We stop at the Econo Lodge in Cocoa (NOT Cocoa Beach but right next to it). When we cruise out of Port Canaveral or even Miami or Lauderdale we stay there the night before the cruise. It is easy to get to from 95. It's about $79 for their cruise package which includes free parking and free shuttle to and from the port. They also have free breakfast.

I oppose people that do not have positive input to an op question.

Depending on the question, many times I find them quite humorous.

I have to admit, I did not even bother to read this thread, skipped over it, as the title with "FREE parking" seemed to be incredibly ridiculous.

However, today is a very slow day, so I thought I would check it out.

Thanx for the entertainment, much appreciated.

We stop at the Econo Lodge in Cocoa (NOT Cocoa Beach but right next to it). When we cruise out of Port Canaveral or even Miami or Lauderdale we stay there the night before the cruise. It is easy to get to from 95. It's about $79 for their cruise package which includes free parking and free shuttle to and from the port. They also have free breakfast.

The OP doesn't need a hotel. Just a free place to park. I don't think you can park for free if you do not spend a night at the hotel.

Archived