I cannot believe I am asking this......

leeselee

We are loyal to Royal.......

But I cannot see a cruise with an itinerary length that we are happy with unless we take the exact same cruise next year as we did this year.

So, if we want the standard of RCCL in a GS for a family of three (teenage daughter) what other cruise line should I look up?

We would want the same quality and perks as we get in a GS, with all the great service of RCCL

I cannot imagine taking anything but a cruise next year, but maybe not with RC. cannot believe I am asking this! why did they remove all of the Splendour 10 & 12 cruises??

any suggestions?

Celebrity, they will give you the same status level you have with Royal, you just won't get credits with C&A. They have many fine ships especially if you like the size of Splendor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree that's why I have 3 Celebrity cruises booked!

I like Celebrity, but I am an adult. less sure a kid would like it, depending upon child's style.

You may think I am crazy, but for a suite, definitely look at NCL. they offer great suite perks, better than any other mainstream cruiseline. butler, concierge, special breakfasts, special lunches, special treatment every time you turn your head. Do budget for specialty restaurants for dinner if you are a foodie. entertainment is very good. plenty of young people generally.

Celebrity, they will give you the same status level you have with Royal, you just won't get credits with C&A. They have many fine ships especially if you like the size of Splendor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Agree, we really liked Celebrity.

NCL has some really nice suites as well, the Garden Villas we toured were amazing. Might be an option if you're looking to try something different.

I agree, Celebrity. Maybe it doesn't have some of the fun stuff that Royal has, but, it's a great cruise and a young person will still have a fun time! We have taken young kids on a Celebrity cruise and the kids had a great time.....no complaints!:D

I would never suggest a Princess cruise, both of my experiences on Princess were a serious disappointment.

I like Celebrity, but I am an adult. less sure a kid would like it, depending upon child's style.

You may think I am crazy, but for a suite, definitely look at NCL. they offer great suite perks, better than any other mainstream cruiseline. butler, concierge, special breakfasts, special lunches, special treatment every time you turn your head. Do budget for specialty restaurants for dinner if you are a foodie. entertainment is very good. plenty of young people generally.

TOTALLY agree on the suite perks on Norwegian, and am loyal to Royal too, but was blown away by Norwegian and an awesome suite. The perks are top of the line. They don't have a TON of longer itineraries, and it is a different experience with the "freestyle" concept, but with a teen it is definitely something worth pursuing. I would also check out Celebrity, as others have mentioned...it's more upscale and adult-oriented, but some teens enjoy that.

TOTALLY agree on the suite perks on Norwegian, and am loyal to Royal too, but was blown away by Norwegian and an awesome suite. The perks are top of the line. They don't have a TON of longer itineraries, and it is a different experience with the "freestyle" concept, but with a teen it is definitely something worth pursuing. I would also check out Celebrity, as others have mentioned...it's more upscale and adult-oriented, but some teens enjoy that.

This advice is leading me to look into booking a suite on NCL. Now I just have to get my kids excited about it, too :)

We are loyal to Royal.......

But I cannot see a cruise with an itinerary length that we are happy with unless we take the exact same cruise next year as we did this year.

So, if we want the standard of RCCL in a GS for a family of three (teenage daughter) what other cruise line should I look up?

We would want the same quality and perks as we get in a GS, with all the great service of RCCL

I cannot imagine taking anything but a cruise next year, but maybe not with RC. cannot believe I am asking this! why did they remove all of the Splendour 10 & 12 cruises??

any suggestions?

I agree with all the comments regarding Celebrity, but another suggestion would be to take a B2B cruise on one of the RCCL ships that have alternating itineraries. This way you will get your C&A cruise points, which in a GS would be 28. You just need to make sure you book the same suite for the two week period. One itinerary that comes to mind is the Freedom of the Seas that alternates between eastern and western itineraries.

That might be something that would work for your family.

Smitty

My only advice would be to stay away from Disney...just because our cruise experience on the Magic was very disappointing. Now when I ask my kids, "how about I book another cruise?" they start screaming NNNNOOOOO :(

Not trying to hijack the thread, but what was the bad experience?

Archived