Bagpiper on Allure ? Why?

darceyg

The bagpiper was just one more of the neat, unexpected, little surprises. Just like the art work scattered around the ship. How many people catch sight of the little dog statue on the promenade peeking into the "basement"?

Exactly! Let me repeat it.... just one more of the neat, unexpected, little surprises. Nothing more. Nothing less.

But like anything else discussed on CC, apparently some will think the lone bagpiper will stalk them on the 225,000 GT ship and just ruin everything. :rolleyes:

Exactly! Let me repeat it.... just one more of the neat, unexpected, little surprises. Nothing more. Nothing less.

On our Oasis, he played at the sail away from Labadee on the heliport.

On a sea day, sitting by the pool, he was walking the upper deck playing away. I thought it was pretty neat.

And, on our Explorer cruise, this guy was fantastic:

_DSC0411.jpg

Come to Scotland you will hear lots. One of the most stirring sights ever is the mass pipes and drum parade on the esplanade of Edinburgh Castle during the military tattoo during the Edinburgh Festival in August. The spectacular ends with a lone piper playing high on the battlements of Edinburgh Castle. That sight would bring "a tear to a glass eye"

I grew up in a town that had a large Scottish immigrant population. Our high school band had bagpipes and our twirlers dressed in kilts. I hated the sound.

Then my first husband used to play scottish bagpipe albums just to annoy me (and to hear the dogs howl).

But now ... I love the sound. Bring me back to the old days.:)

Based on a quick reading of the posts about this subject it would seem that Mr. Fain found something that struck a favorable chord with many RCI enthusiasts. .....

I've heard plenty of bagpipes and have yet to hear a favorable chord. ;)

There should be a cruise line that caters to people who think the way you do.

Please elaborated a little more. What is the National musical instrument from your neck of the woods. If you come from Kelso, it should be the same...

We had a girl bagpiper on the Oasis last December. Her name was Lynn and she was a delight! She was from Scotland and played a traditional set of pipes. My DS taught himself how to play the practice cantor and Lynn gave him a chance to play her set. It was a lot of fun and totally unexpected :)

Archived