Hotel near victoria station london

I stayed in walking distance of the station. The place I stayed was ok. It was a bare bones room in a typical old London hotel. It was reasonably priced and it was convenient. We really weren't in it very long and the food in the lobby restaurant and breakfast room was surprisingly good. It's a nice safe quiet area. There was a laundromat within walking distance.

The Quality Hotel

http://www.londonnethotels.co.uk/Quality_Hotel_Westminster.htm

We've stayed at the Rubens a couple of times and, for the most part, really like it...some of the rooms are a bit small...but it's just so quintessentially British...and it's got some history and is close to Victoria Station if that's important to you...

This most recent trip, however, we got a much better deal at the Park Plaza Westminster Bridge...it's a short cab ride from Victoria Station...just across the Westminster Bridge from Big Ben and Parliament...

We absolutely fell in love with this hotel...the location is outstanding...very walkable to most of the sights of Central London...our room was incredible--a suite with a living room, bedroom-- with a big screen TV in each and a bathroom with both a tub and a shower...hotel is virtually brand new--- modern, well-appointed...Free wifi with great large computer room...lots of places to eat nearby...

On Tripadviser you can search for hotels by neighborhood and price.I've been using Tripadviser fro the last 10 years tp find hotels in Europe. I usually end of using booking dot come to make the reservation or book directly with the hotel.I use Tripadviser to sort through the options.

We are staying at the Best Western Victoria Palace for 4 days next June.The price was very reasonable at 450 British lb for 4 nights in a double and a twin is the same price.We are not including breakfast as the area is full of restaurants. According to Google this hotel is a 7 minute walk from Victoria Coach Station.

I have been in the Rubens a few times but it is just to expensive for me.IMHO not worth the money for the limited amount of time we spend in our hotel room.This will be our 4th trip to London.

A couple of other hotels in the area are Comfort Inn Victoria,Premier Inn Victoria and a little closer to Westminster is the Sanctuary House Hotel.

[quote name=Bruin Steve;35215031

This most recent trip' date=' however, we got a much better deal at the Park Plaza Westminster Bridge...it's a short cab ride from Victoria Station...just across the Westminster Bridge from Big Ben and Parliament...

..[/quote]

Do you remember roughly what a taxi cost from Victoria station to the Park Plaza Westminster was?

It was pretty cheap...IIRC, something like 5 or 6 pounds...

Thanks that gives us a idea of the price.

I have booked the Park Plaza Westminster Bridge on your recommendation for next Aug. It looks like the National Express Coach and taxi will be cheaper than taking the train unless they have a sale. The Mega train have a discount price but it goes after noon so you are waiting at the train station Southampton instead of being in London.

Thanks that gives us a idea of the price.

I have booked the Park Plaza Westminster Bridge on your recommendation for next Aug. It looks like the National Express Coach and taxi will be cheaper than taking the train unless they have a sale. The Mega train have a discount price but it goes after noon so you are waiting at the train station Southampton instead of being in London.

Twice now, we've taken Southern Railway from Southampton into Victoria Station...The usually run a sale about three months out...Our fare?

£3.30 per person! Just keep checking on their website...Also requires about a £5 taxi ride from the ship to the stationin Southampton.

The trains leave Southampton Central at 9:13, 10:13, 11:13 am and take about 2.5 hours to get to Victoria...a little slow, but you cannot beat the price...

Would like to visit Hampton Palace and will be staying close to the Pimlico tube station. Does anyone know if taking the tube one stop from Pimlico to Vaushall station and transferrng to the National Rail system the best way to go? The map says "connection with National Rail" but not sure what is involved or how complicated that is. Would have an Oyster card to use. Any comments or suggestions on visiting Hampton Palace would be appreciated. Thanks

We caught the train to Hampton Court from Waterloo station. You can use the Oyster card to get to Waterloo. Show your train tickets at Hampton Court and you may qualify for the Two for One offer. We were able to make use of this offer two years ago.

Beautiful Palace and grounds. Enjoy!

Would like to visit Hampton Palace and will be staying close to the Pimlico tube station. Does anyone know if taking the tube one stop from Pimlico to Vaushall station and transferrng to the National Rail system the best way to go? The map says "connection with National Rail" but not sure what is involved or how complicated that is. Would have an Oyster card to use. Any comments or suggestions on visiting Hampton Palace would be appreciated. Thanks

Yes, the trains to Hampton Court stop at Vauxhall, it's the first stop out of Waterloo. The National Rail station is right on top of the Underground at Vauxhall - up an escalator from the platform, a mildly sloping tunnel out of the ticket hall and a short flight of steps gets you to street level and the entrance to the National Rail station. The platforms are up another slightly longer set of stairs.

If it's a nice day, I'd probably walk over Vauxhall Bridge rather than take one stop on the tube - about 10 to 15 minutes. You can get a good view of James Bond's office on the way :)

Yes, the trains to Hampton Court stop at Vauxhall, it's the first stop out of Waterloo. The National Rail station is right on top of the Underground at Vauxhall - up an escalator from the platform, a mildly sloping tunnel out of the ticket hall and a short flight of steps gets you to street level and the entrance to the National Rail station. The platforms are up another slightly longer set of stairs.

If it's a nice day, I'd probably walk over Vauxhall Bridge rather than take one stop on the tube - about 10 to 15 minutes. You can get a good view of James Bond's office on the way :)

Thanks for the information Stelladoro and Cotswold Eagle. It was exactly the details I was looking for as it is so much easier and less anxiety when you know what to expect. I'll check out the walk as well.

Thanks for the information Stelladoro and Cotswold Eagle. It was exactly the details I was looking for as it is so much easier and less anxiety when you know what to expect. I'll check out the walk as well.

I used to live in Vauxhall and work near St James's Park, so I did that walk a lot :) Just get to Vauxhall Bridge Road, head to the river, over the bridge and you will see the transport interchange ahead of you (there's a small bus station there too). There are light controlled pedestrian crossings on the major intersections and wide 'sidewalks' all the way.

You always get an interesting and different perspective on London by walking over the bridges - not the greatest view from Vauxhall Bridge, but a better view than on the underground! London is a great city to walk. Or take a bus rather than the tube. My rule of thumb is if you are going just one or two stops on the tube, think about walking - you'll see much more and understand how the city fits together.

• 2 weeks later...
How close to Victoria Station is Victoria Coach Station, or are they one and the same? We have two days in London between cruises and have transfers from VCS to Soton by Cunard... Would like to be able to walk there from hotel. EM

They are separate. It's about a 5 minute walk along Buckingham Palace Road.

Archived