Carnival Destiny B2B Epic Review! Tons of Pics, Menus, Food, FunTimes, & Documents!!!

dvdkndy

Awesome review so far. Let me add...

*65 days and I can't wait to see her!

*I shared this review with my Mother b/c she'll be joining me.

*You and your wife are ADORABLE!

*I loved her pedi-cute flower.

*Awesome lightning shot, I love catching those myself...

Also, thanks for taking the time to write & post this review. I plan on doing one myself :)

Before going to Game Show Mania, we needed to drop by the room. Dani, our room steward, had already been by and left our little towel guy for us.

file-195.jpg

Just as with the waiters, we left some cash for Dani every night and he seemed to appreciate that. Though we did not see him very much, he took great care of us and made sure we had everything we needed. Since we did not see him much except for passing him in the halls, we always left him a note on the bed thanking him for taking care of us. Again, being nice to people will go a long way for you!

We went to the main lounge to watch Game Show Mania. Josh and Ashley were helping run the game.

file-1199.jpg

Josh picked me as one of the contestants in the game. I was not there to lose but to bring home a victory!!!

file-1392.jpg

Luckily, I won the game and walked away with my very own Carnival Destiny ship on a stick. I was so proud of myself and slept with a smile on my face that night. There were more photos of the game but they were blurry due to the poor lighting in the lounge. Just trust me that I was there, I played, and I won.

Before going to Game Show Mania, we needed to drop by the room. Dani, our room steward, had already been by and left our little towel guy for us.

file-195.jpg

Just as with the waiters, we left some cash for Dani every night and he seemed to appreciate that. Though we did not see him very much, he took great care of us and made sure we had everything we needed. Since we did not see him much except for passing him in the halls, we always left him a note on the bed thanking him for taking care of us. Again, being nice to people will go a long way for you!

We went to the main lounge to watch Game Show Mania. Josh and Ashley were helping run the game.

file-1199.jpg

Josh picked me as one of the contestants in the game. I was not there to lose but to bring home a victory!!!

file-1392.jpg

Luckily, I won the game and walked away with my very own Carnival Destiny ship on a stick. I was so proud of myself and slept with a smile on my face that night. There were more photos of the game but they were blurry due to the poor lighting in the lounge. Just trust me that I was there, I played, and I won.

Congrats on the ship on a stick win. We always play Trivia and win a ship on a stick. The cruise isn't official until we have our first ship on a stick

After the game, we hung around for the “Welcome Aboard Show”. It was filled with singing, dancing, and clapping. It was entertaining and we enjoyed it. Not the best show we have ever seen but it was not a thrown together hillbilly ordeal either. The best part about the show was when they did a preview of the comedians for the cruise. Our comedians were Dylan Mandlsohn and Carl Strong. Let me just say on record that Carl Strong is one of the funniest guys I have ever seen. After seeing his preview, we could not wait for his shows!

We went back to our room and were slightly hungry so we picked up the room service menu and decided to order a sampling of the menu. Here were our choices:

file-1180.jpg

We decided on the PB & jelly, strip loin and cheddar, fruit salad, cheesecake, and chocolate cake.

We called and it was delivered in less than 20 minutes. We tipped the young lady and thanked her for the delivery.

file-1998.jpg

After getting our food delivered, we sat out on the balcony and enjoyed our late night snack. We tried everything and the fish thanked us for the leftovers. We give the chocolate cake, PB & jelly, cookies, and fruit a thumbs up. The others we took a bite of and fed them to the fish...errr....I mean discarded them, as it just did not pass the taste test for us. Not saying they are horrible and everyone needs to stay away from them but just saying they were not our favorite.

We laid down to sleep with our door open listening to the sounds of the waves crashing against the Destiny. This was such an awesome day filled with activities, great food, fun games, and meeting some awesome people. We were just beginning our incredible journey on the Destiny and we could not wait for what she had in store for us. She gently rocked us off to sleep that night and we dreamed sweet dreams in her arms.

Here is the Fun Times for Monday

jeremykingzoomtowncom_20120917_102557_002.jpg

jeremykingzoomtowncom_20120917_102557_001.jpg

Day 2

Before going to bed the night before, we decided since we had the balcony this week that we needed to do breakfast on the balcony as much as possible. I forgot to take a copy of the breakfast menu from the room so I am sorry I do not have it to show. That is the one thing that I forgot to bring back to share with everyone.

On Cruise Critic, I heard people talking about the smoked salmon on bagels so we ordered that. We also got some milk, chocolate milk, pastries, and some apple juice. It was delivered right on time and we tipped our delivery person for their service. We took it out on the balcony and had our breakfast.

While some people enjoy the salmon and bagels, we ended up tossing that to the fish because it was not our things. The pastries and bagels were more than adequate for us though.

file-2428.jpg

On our sea day, we decided we would just lounge around and take it easy. I am a huge fan of relaxing on the back of the ship and watching the wake. After hearing everything about chair hogs, we were ready to fight for a chair if need be. Not sure what we were going to see when we stepped on the Lido, this is the sight we saw.

No chair hogs to be seen and plenty of room for everyone!

file-2234.jpg

We went to the back of this ship on Deck 10 and found plenty of empty loungers to go around. We read, listened to music, and napped for a few hours. Something about the breeze and the water is the recipe for a nap. While we were lying there, people came and went but they were never a bother. We had nice conversation with some folks near us and it made for a pleasant morning. A deck attendant asked us about some towels on an unoccupied lounger and told him we had not seen anyone there all morning long. Without hesitation he filled out a sticker and picked their things up and took them away. He told us if they came back to let them know their things would be at the towel hut. About half an hour later a lady came up freaking out because her bag and towel were gone from the chair. We told her where to pick it up and she seemed a little miffed about it.

I thought it was pretty neat that they were keeping people honest about the loungers. During our entire cruise aboard the Destiny, we never had a problem finding one. Again, I will remind you we are not trying to be by the main pool either so that may have helped us out.

After laying out, we decide to head back to shower and grab some lunch. We changed clothes and thought we would grab something quick on the Lido. After seeing the line we decided we would just head down to the Universe Dining Room and have lunch there.

file-126.jpg

While I am at it, I might as well talk about the lines. I read that there were lines galore on the Destiny and was told that 75% of my time on the Destiny would be spent waiting in line. Were there lines? Yes. Did I wait in them? Some. On days like today when it was 12:30pm, there were lines on the Lido at every food station. Instead of standing in line, we just went to the Universe Dining Room and were always seated immediately. At 4:00pm or 11:30pm the lines were not much at all. We are just the type of people who will roll with the punches.

If you expect to head to the Lido at 12:30pm on ANY ship, on ANY cruise line and expect to have your burger on your plate in under a minute and expect to have a table by your favorite window then you will be disappointed. Chances are if you are hungry there may be a few of your 3,000 fellow passengers that are hungry too. Just know that ahead of time so you don’t come back and get on Cruise Critic and bash the ship and the line because you had to wait it line for a burger.

We went to the Universe Dining Room and were seated immediately and had an awesome view out of our window. This just became a habit for us for lunchtime because it was really laid back and we were away from the chaos of the Lido.

file-1557.jpg

file-2266.jpg

Here were the choices for today’s lunch.

file-1417.jpg

My wife ordered the Shrimp and Crab French Briquette

file-843.jpg

I decided on the burger because you just cannot go wrong with a burger!

file-932.jpg

Lunch was great and we sat with a nice family. Meeting people is always a unique experience but we have never had a bad experience with our fellow cruisers at meals.

Meeting people is always a unique experience but we have never had a bad experience with our fellow cruisers at meals.

We hadn't either, except for the drunk obnoxious guy on that first leg, but they moved him and it became a non-issue.

I didn't find the lines too bad either, but we did like y'all, rolled with it.

"Your" table at lunch was a beautiful.

He fails to mention that he knew almost everyone on the ship by the time he left. ;)

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your review!! Thank you!

We are sailing on Destiny leaving Oct 1 and can't wait! This is our 1st cruise and it is the first time we are bringing our kids (9 and 10) to the Caribbean. Did you notice kids on the ship?? I'm sure there will be some but just curious if my kids will have "friends" they can hang out with on the ship??

Thank you!! :)

I thought that changed and nothing goes into the sea anymore. Anything that can be incinerated is and everything else is dealt with until the ship docks. That might have been a Travel Channel program.

I think I seen that program too. Only the ashes go overboard, and they're perfectly edible for fish and whatever else is lurking in the water.

I personally wouldn't throw anything over the side, regardless of what it was. It would just be my luck my chunk of bagel would catch a gust of wind and end up hitting the guy two decks below me right in the face.