Anyone Else Get A Refund?

rockabutzer

I received an email from NCL with an updated invoice attached. I was wondering why I received this invoice until I noticed a $28.06 credit to my checking account from NCL. Upon checking further, by comparing the new invoice to a previous invoice, I saw that the GET tax and Federal taxes and fees went down. Question is, why would these go down?

DW and I are sailing on the POA in January, so I'm not sure if this is unique to this ship or is it fleet wide.

Aloha

I received an email from NCL with an updated invoice attached. I was wondering why I received this invoice until I noticed a $28.06 credit to my checking account from NCL. Upon checking further, by comparing the new invoice to a previous invoice, I saw that the GET tax and Federal taxes and fees went down. Question is, why would these go down?

DW and I are sailing on the POA in January, so I'm not sure if this is unique to this ship or is it fleet wide.

Aloha

The taxes went down and you were given a refund. I would think that this would be the expected outcome.

I'm not sure what NCL could have done differently.

Aloha

That's nice. Love lowered taxes (and refunds) !

I also wonder about the tax rate difference, unless it was a typo in your first invoice. If not, then yes everyone will get the adjustment.

We will soon find out....

I cannot answer why the taxes went down but will tell you that we booked POA last October for Oct 20 sailing ( not long to go now :D ) and the taxes have gone down at least 3 times - sometimes just a few dollars, but we received a new invoice each time :)

As davesgirl51 says - kudos to NCL for passing it on. :cool:

When I received a new booking confirmation a few days ago I was suspicious that something was wrong:eek:

I emailed my PCC and she said the taxes had gone down in price and that was the reason for the re-booking:confused:

I emailed her back asked her what made the taxes go down and why they cannot just state that in the email?

She did not answer that question:mad: My refund was $28.00.

Barkeep, another single malt please...it's on the US government:D

I got the same email, looked quickly and didn't notice any changes so I emailed my PCC and he said it must have been an error. I ignored it but after reading this I went back and checked and the amount due is $9.00 less, lol. I had no idea since the amount was so close I didn't even notice.

Aloha

We were also on POA in Janurary, but I did not reveive any e-mail about a tax reduction. We are also booked on the Epic for next spring. Is It because we are Canadian?

We were also on POA in Janurary, but I did not reveive any e-mail about a tax reduction. We are also booked on the Epic for next spring. Is It because we are Canadian?

No. I am Canadian also and received credit several times.

Maybe the taxes/fees went down after someone else booked, but before you did, then you wouldn't get the credit because your price would reflect the current taxes & fees.

Yes, it was a nice surprise since my cruise has been paid for awhile ago. Good to see that NCL passes on the decrease to their customers. :D

All cruise lines must do this, and they all do. This happens pretty frequently. As to why the taxes went down, no one can answer that, especially at ncl.

No. I am Canadian also and received credit several times.

Maybe the taxes/fees went down after someone else booked, but before you did, then you wouldn't get the credit because your price would reflect the current taxes & fees.

No that can't be it. I booked bothcruises so far in advance it was crazy. I think I will give NCL a call.

Well, I am booked for Thanksgiving on the Star and a cruise on Royal Caribbean for Feburary and haven't received an email or telling me I was getting an onboard credit or credit on my card. Do they usually send an email? This irst cruiseis paid in full and the one in Feb., it's just my deposit I paid

Archived