Connected room vacant

EZcruiserfamily

My family of 4 is sharing one side of a connecting room. The other side still appears to be vacant. We sail next month. What's a good way to approach carnival to see if we can pay a little more to get the second room? But not too much more. :D

MIL qualifies for sr rate for her room but I've checked the prices and we are all first timers so don't qualify for a past guest rate.

A month out gives them plenty of time to sell the cabin. I would simply call your agent and ask them what the best rate you could get on that second room. But it is unlikely that it will sail empty so I wouldn't expect anything better than if you were simply booking it new.

My family of 4 is sharing one side of a connecting room. The other side still appears to be vacant. We sail next month. What's a good way to approach carnival to see if we can pay a little more to get the second room? But not too much more. :D

MIL qualifies for sr rate for her room but I've checked the prices and we are all first timers so don't qualify for a past guest rate.

At first I was going to say have MIL book it at her rate and rebook one of you to the cabin so there won't be a double fare.plus both in the cabin will get the senior rate. But then you chance losing your original cabin because there's only 3 in there. (On paper)

I don't know that they will do anything 'special' as far as a rate other than what is being offered. Even though you have not sailed though you can get a VIFP number and get that rate. When offered it seems it is typically a bit higher than past guest but certainly less than the Fun Select rates. If you don't see it online then call Carnival to check on it. Good luck!

We had a similar situation... 3 months out... They gave us the room... Gratis. No charge. They figured that since we were in the adjoining room, we may want to spread out a little and enjoy some extra space. They also gave us free passes to the steakhouse. It was great.

We had a similar situation... 3 months out... They gave us the room... Gratis. No charge. They figured that since we were in the adjoining room, we may want to spread out a little and enjoy some extra space. They also gave us free passes to the steakhouse. It was great.

Based on your review of your Magic cruise with your family of 3, during the Spring Break peak season aboard what was then Carnival's newest ship what you are saying here has no believability whatsoever.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=33315849#post33315849

there is no way carnival gave out a room for free , 3 months before shipping. Not a single chance ever.

sry

(and reading your review confirms it it my mind. that didnt happen)

I think I was on that same cruise.. you were that guy they let take one of the lifeboats out for a spin and then you won Bingo like 12 times in a row or something right? Heck of a day that was..

I think this poster is saying this as a joke?? In my "infinate" wisdom, I believe they are just trying to say Carnival doesnt do "individual" specials or rates, or give you something really really cheap just to help you out.

Lmao!!!! I have to say i would rather see smart a** than someone being rude and hateful!! ;)

I think this poster is saying this as a joke?? In my "infinate" wisdom, I believe they are just trying to say Carnival doesnt do "individual" specials or rates, or give you something really really cheap just to help you out.

Yeah, but OP is new... Why be a wise-a$$? They were just asking a simple question that they obviously didn't know the answer to. We were all new once.

I would definitely call CCL and ask- what could it hurt? But go "armed" - know the price you paid for 4 in your cabin, and figure out the price they are asking for the connecting cabin. It may only be a little bit more to move 2 people to that cabin- meaning the price difference between paying the 3rd/4th passenger price in your cabin v paying the price difference for the 1st/2nd passenger in the "new" cabin might be minimal, and well worth it! Let us know what CCL says!!

Based on your review of your Magic cruise with your family of 3, during the Spring Break peak season aboard what was then Carnival's newest ship what you are saying here has no believability whatsoever.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=33315849#post33315849

Not my Magic cruise big guy. Hit up the Conquest in August... Keep it real buddy

Wow :confused: I must have you mixed up with the other donoiv. I'll be sure to "hit up" the Conquest, whatever that means.

Same guy hit guy.. You know what I meant. I wasn't commenting on the Magic cruise I took in March... I was commenting on the Conquest cruise I took after that.

Word?

Archived