Logging-in. Is it them or is it me??

John Bull

I don't log out each time - far too lazy :rolleyes:

So each time I tune in to CC, I'm already logged-in.:)

But just lately, on a fair proportion of times that I dial up CC, I have to log in. (yes, I do click on "remember me")

Used to only happen when something fell apart, such as a power outage or a freeze, now it happens frequently on random occasions.

Mice in the works somewhere.

Anyone else having the same?

Or is the problem at my end?

JB :)

But just lately, on a fair proportion of times that I dial up CC, I have to log in. (yes, I do click on "remember me")

Used to only happen when something fell apart, such as a power outage or a freeze, now it happens frequently on random occasions.

I've had the same problem and it takes me back to a temporary sign in name that I used on a vacation once in 2009! I tried with my own user name that I have used for years and would not let me in for a long long time. When I asked for help it kept taking me back to that old one time sign in. Working today but it is really annoying.

Maybe they just want me to be less active. I did notice that when I got my name back that I am now listed as "Blue Ribbon Cruiser" What is that?

I've had the same problem and it takes me back to a temporary sign in name that I used on a vacation once in 2009! I tried with my own user name that I have used for years and would not let me in for a long long time. When I asked for help it kept taking me back to that old one time sign in. Working today but it is really annoying.

Maybe they just want me to be less active. I did notice that when I got my name back that I am now listed as "Blue Ribbon Cruiser" What is that?

Sounds like my problem is at my end, though as far as I know I'vre not interfered with settings n cookies n stuff. And it's intermittent.

Sound like your problem is your end too.

Mebbe a computer problem.

Or mebbe you have a split-personality disorder :p:D

I think Blue Ribbon cruiser, etc relates to the number of posts.

Thanks for the input, folks.

Sounds like my problem is at my end, though as far as I know I'vre not interfered with settings n cookies n stuff. And it's intermittent.

Sound like your problem is your end too.

Mebbe a computer problem.

Or mebbe you have a split-personality disorder :p:D

I think Blue Ribbon cruiser, etc relates to the number of posts.

Thanks for the input, folks.

It happens to me too. Sometimes I have to log in 3-4 times per day, sometimes not for weeks and weeks. Very random. It's not just you, JB!

Some Google Chrome users have been reporting this as a problem on several sites. I stopped using Chrome a couple days ago as it is so irritating to log in to every site I use multiple times a day. Try a different browser (even if you aren't using Chrome) and see if it makes a difference.

It started happening to me about a month ago.

~Doris~

Set up CC as a bookmark after you've logged in - then it will automatically take you to the site with the "logged in" setting.

Great idea! I'm just off to try that, and I'll report back.

Right. I replaced my bookmark with one of the main forum page with me logged in. Then I closed the site and opened it again. The page came up with me still logged in. So far, so good. Then I closed the site and restarted my computer. This time I had to log in again.

Archived