Another Oasis-class to be built?

One would have to assume that if they are building another one of these monsters, that there is already negotiations going on with islands to expand their piers, deepen channels, etc. Is it possible that 3 could operate in the Caribbean year round? With the Asia cruise market growing I could see one being there eventually. I'm still shocked that they have the resources in place to build 3 more ships in the next few years. They always seem to be ahead of the curve when it comes to building revolutionary ships.

Thanks for the article link Kieth.

How are you doing? Good to see you again on the forums!

Eric

Working on getting a hotel and excursions for our group for our Indy cruise in January. It will be our first time in a Junior Suite, and we decided to do a B2B so we will do the second week by ourselves, hopefully I know what to do with just the wife and I alone for a week!:eek:

Keith

Where they would put it will primarily depend on what ports can accommodate ships of that size. Not sure that would include many, if any, ports in Asia but perhaps someone has more detailed information in that regard.

I would think Asia could support a big ship more than any other place. Their ports already support massive ships that many ports in other parts of the world cant. The widening of the Panama Canal is being done principally to make it easier to handle the large ships coming from Asia. I do realize that these are cargo ships, but we already know that the cruise ships often dock near Cargo areas.

I don't think the Med would be the best because this is a ship designed to keep people entertained (and spending money) on board. It would need to have at least 3 sea days on a 7 day itinerary.

When we were on the Allure last year, we had the aqua show while we were just getting ready to leave port in St. Maarten, and we had a Carnival ship on one side and a Celebrity ship on the other and I thought they were going to tip over towards us because so many people from the two ships were on their balconies and the public areas facing the Allure to watch the aqua show for free! It sure made you feel good you were on the biggest and best cruise ship in the world, and everybody wanted to see what she was like!:D:D:D

Keith

This could be interesting... we love the Allure and would be interested in another with some new inovations. We are waiting for the Sunshine ship information.

Irene & Miles

We have our first one on this class (Allure) coming up. We're approaching it as a one time thing. But maybe a few year lag will lead them to make the third one significantly different. Still a few years out. By the time it's ready, possibly many more more ports will be able to handle this class.

We have our first one on this class (Allure) coming up. We're approaching it as a one time thing. But maybe a few year lag will lead them to make the third one significantly different. Still a few years out. By the time it's ready, possibly many more more ports will be able to handle this class.

That is our biggest issue with these ships. We love them, have been on both Allure and Oasis, but WAY to may sea days. We need more ports that can support them so we can enjoy the islands

That is our biggest issue with these ships. We love them, have been on both Allure and Oasis, but WAY to may sea days. We need more ports that can support them so we can enjoy the islands

I don't see that happening. The ships were built as the destination. Ports are secondary. NCL just announced that their new Norwegian Getaway will sail year round out of Miami to the same ports as the Oasis and Allure sail when they cruise to the eastern Caribbean. The ship is being sold as the destination.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived