Another Oasis-class to be built?

Good, maybe prices on Allure and Oasis will go down.

Lets hope that they do come up with new itineraries, for the ones

they have now are getting old quick..

Prices on Oasis/Allure have already come down....I am seeing sailings with balcony cabins in the $800-900 range all the time...not sure what you think or want pricing to fall to:confused:

Also I hear and read all the time about the itinerary compliant...and yes...it would be nice to see some new ports added....but I also notice that you have a future Oasis sailing in your sig-tag....so guess they aren't "getting old" that quick.

Some single traveller cabins would be good :D

Great point and agree 100%!! I have seen the Epic ones and they were fine at 100 sq. ft...I wouldn't want that with my wife, but my friend who came with me to visit the Epic thought it was fine for him. They even have a LOUNGE for the single passengers!!

BTW, Elizanessie, my ex is from Brechin ( near Dundee )...miss those Melee ( sp?) puddings and in Brechin, a town of 5000 people, they had 27 pubs!! All packed!! She lives near Orlando now..married a Limey ( !!!!!)

Big Al

Prices on Oasis/Allure have already come down....I am seeing sailings with balcony cabins in the $800-900 range all the time...not sure what you think or want pricing to fall to:confused:

Also I hear and read all the time about the itinerary compliant...and yes...it would be nice to see some new ports added....but I also notice that you have a future Oasis sailing in your sig-tag....so guess they aren't "getting old" that quick.

Prices are very high during times of family travel. I suppose they are down for periods between Labor Day and Thanksgiving. Our April cruise on the Allure is expensive and there are upward price adjustments every couple of weeks.

Whenever I see the balconies in the 800-900 range I check and am disappointed to find that by the time I get to the balcony category that's an outside, oceanview it's 1200 plus. I don't consider the Boardwalk and Central Park balconies true balconies, however, I know some do. :)

Whenever I see the balconies in the 800-900 range I check and am disappointed to find that by the time I get to the balcony category that's an outside, oceanview it's 1200 plus. I don't consider the Boardwalk and Central Park balconies true balconies, however, I know some do. :)

Thanks.

Don't get critical on me..

Prices are still expensive to me.

And no I'm not doing Oasis any time soon. Just can't stop the count down clock.

And yes the itineraries are getting very old to those of us that travel frequently.

Thanks.

Re: Your Subject line "Full?"

Folks who have sailed Oasis and Allure often report here that there are many upgrades to Suites because they are NOT being sold. So "full" may be a misnomer vs. not getting all the revenue they planned for. :(

Like a few other posters after this one has speculated, maybe they will get rid of some of the pricier suites and put in a few more revenue enhancing options. Don't half of the Crown Loft suites overlook the basketball court? If I'm paying BIG BUCKS for a suite, I sure as heck don't want to stand out and see... basketball. But maybe turn the space of the two level suites into two different family sized balcony cabins, and they could make a bundle since family sized cabins are in such high demand.

Some single traveller cabins would be good :D

Now that's an awesome idea!

The loft/crown (whatever you call it) that currently houses those fancy suites would be a perfect location for a single dorm style club. Maybe they will offer a few ocean views and balconies for singles.

Would love an ocean side balcony, but to me Boardwalk and Central Park balconies are a god sent because they are non-smoking.

It isn't that they were designed "without tenders" but that they were designed not to use tenders to transport passengers from the ship to the port and back. The time required to do so would significantly reduce the amount of time in port available to passengers.

Yep, thankfully Royal firmly ruled out tendering from Oasis class. Nobody likes tendering, even on a small ship. Good to know I don't have to worry about it sailing Oasis class. They will find a few more docking ports that can be upgraded to accommodate the big girls. Besides, people don't sail Oasis class to go places. That's what Vision class is for.

Don't get critical on me..

Prices are still expensive to me.

And no I'm not doing Oasis any time soon. Just can't stop the count down clock.

And yes the itineraries are getting very old to those of us that travel frequently.

Thanks.

Supply and demand...what is so hard to understand about that. These are the 2 largest ships in the world...keep that in mind....THE WORLD...they are international destinations. They bring in the money that people are willing to spend. It's like people get mad because they are priced higher than most other ships...there are people that are willing to spend that money....I guess that is what get's people mad. It seems that people think Royal just jacks up the prices for the heck of it....just like all business...they price at what the market demands...if they didn't and just jacked up rates for the heck of it they would be sailing empty ships. Like it or not...it is what it is....do you think that Royal owes you something and should just reduce rates under what the market demands just to make the people who want to sail Oasis/Allure happy:confused:

Supply and demand...what is so hard to understand about that. These are the 2 largest ships in the world...keep that in mind....THE WORLD...they are international destinations. They bring in the money that people are willing to spend. It's like people get mad because they are priced higher than most other ships...there are people that are willing to spend that money....I guess that is what get's people mad. It seems that people think Royal just jacks up the prices for the heck of it....just like all business...they price at what the market demands...if they didn't and just jacked up rates for the heck of it they would be sailing empty ships. Like it or not...it is what it is....do you think that Royal owes you something and should just reduce rates under what the market demands just to make the people who want to sail Oasis/Allure happy:confused:

I said my peace.. :)

Lots of potential here...I think it would make a lot of sense to do 10/10/11 night sailings out of Port Everglades or Port Canaveral. How's this for a potential itinerary:

Ft Lauderdale > @sea > @sea

St Maarten > St Kitts > @sea

Barbados > @sea > Labadee

@sea > Ft Lauderdale

For the 11-nighter, they could add a stop in St Thomas.

And, what would make this even better would be if they could drop St Maarten and instead add another island from the lesser Antilles (Grenada? Guadelope? Antigua?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, I would love this itinerary!

Sign me up! I've not taken the Southern Route but really want to. Right now we're signed up for one of the smaller ships for the Southern in Dec 2013, but I don't like that it leaves from PR. I would totally do a 10/11 day from FL to the South.

Was this lecture aimed at me (you did put my quote in your post).

I hope not. I fully understand the pricing. I'm not mad at the pricing. I don't think Royal owes me anything. I just said that I look at their pricing for balconies when they have sales and when I go further into the categories, the category that I'm interested in is higher than the "balconies from" that is advertised. Sort of like looking at suite pricing and then seeing the "suites from" is for mini

When I sailed on Oasis, I booked her the day that bookings opened for Crown & Anchor members. I got a good price on a balcony because of that and because, I believe, at that time they priced the central park and the boardwalk balconies higher than the ocean view balconies. So I booked my balcony (on the hump) for about what the lower ocean view balconies are going for now.

Lots of potential here...I think it would make a lot of sense to do 10/10/11 night sailings out of Port Everglades or Port Canaveral. How's this for a potential itinerary:

Ft Lauderdale > @sea > @sea

St Maarten > St Kitts > @sea

Barbados > @sea > Labadee

@sea > Ft Lauderdale

For the 11-nighter, they could add a stop in St Thomas.

And, what would make this even better would be if they could drop St Maarten and instead add another island from the lesser Antilles (Grenada? Guadelope? Antigua?)

Interesting. They could leave FLL on Friday and returning 10 nights later on Monday, and then sail for 11 night returning on a Friday. This leaves Saturday for Oasis and Sunday for Allure. Since the 11 nights burn up two work weeks, they might price it almost the same as the 10 night which is one work week with two extra work days. I think the M-F 4 night Bahamas is priced about the same as the F-M 3 nights, since demand is higher on weekends.

Are there docks in Grenada outside of St. George [been awhile since I've been there but seems like that is a small harbor for O-class]?

Thom

The only way a third mega ship makes sense would be if it were sailing somewhere besides the Caribbean.

Remember when the skeptics used to think that a 70,000 ton mega ship was way too big and didn't make sense?

Remember then when skeptics used to think that a 100,000 ton ship was too big?

Then 130,000 tons?

Then 150,000 tons?

Then 225,000 tons?

There's a reason why ships keep getting bigger. They make $$$$. They do make sense.

Remember when the skeptics used to think that a 70,000 ton mega ship was way too big and didn't make sense?

Remember then when skeptics used to think that a 100,000 ton ship was too big?

Then 130,000 tons?

Then 150,000 tons?

Then 225,000 tons?

There's a reason why ships keep getting bigger. They make $$$$. They do make sense.

Yes, but there is a point of diminishing return. Until more destinations can handle the berthing of, and the discharging of passengers from, the Oasis class ships there probably will not be anything larger.

There is a reason why new, confirmed, builds are going back to Freedom size or about. That size can go to pretty much any port and the world whether it's a docking port or a tender port.

Yes, but there is a point of diminishing return. Until more destinations can handle the berthing of, and the discharging of passengers from, the Oasis class ships there probably will not be anything larger.

There is a reason why new, confirmed, builds are going back to Freedom size or about. That size can go to pretty much any port and the world whether it's a docking port or a tender port.

I agree with you.

Frankly, I care not about ports these days (been there done that), I go for the ship. However, many, many do care about ports and you need ports, even bridges, that can handle such behemoths.

I recall a TV show where captain William Wright, essentially their "commodore", spoke about the next ship being bigger. I kid you not. Will this be true? Hmmm... not so sure.

Now, if you just build another 225K GRT Oasis class, and can find a route for it, that might work, depending upon what the route is. Maybe you kick it up by 1 or 2K tons. However, now you are competing with yourself, as everyone runs to the new, larger ship- maybe. There are those who still like smaller.

Could they build a 300K GRT ship? Of course! However, where does it go? You have to have available ports to handle its size and stability, and that means length, width and draft (hull depth).

Me; I've been happy on 20K GRT ships. If you want to go huge, and I mean HUGE, you just need one port to handle it, as there will be no port stops (unless you can tender- good luck with that!) and the ship is finally the one and only destination.

How about South America? There is a thriving middle class there now and North Americans are looking for new ports to visit out of the Caribbean but not have to fly too far? The cruises might have to be longer with more sea days, but then that's how the cruise line makes the big money on these ships anyways?

Archived