Lapel pin for Platinum and above

We're "emerald" above platinum, and have never gotten a pin, and could care less. If they gave us one I'm sure it would probably have cost RCCL 5 cents, and we'd never wear it anywhere.:rolleyes::rolleyes: I have no interest in asking for a pin, would feel like a geek wearing it on a ship let alone anywhere else.........
I don't have much clothing with "lapels" :D.

We've been Diamond since before the change over. This is the first I've heard of pins. Are they nice? If they are, I'll ask when on the Oasis in December, but if they are just a 5 cent item (as someone above mentioned), then I'll just skip it. Funny how we enjoy these little things.

We only got the Diamond pins and had to ask for them. Never knew they had Platinum. Didn't have Emerald back then. We will make D+ in December. Will wait and see if we get the D+ pin on our cruise in March next year. We don't wear them either. I wouldn't say they look like they only cost 5 cents. Maybe 10 cents, at least. Just kidding.:p They are not that bad. It is just the principle of the thing.

We only got the Diamond pins and had to ask for them. Never knew they had Platinum. Didn't have Emerald back then. We will make D+ in December. Will wait and see if we get the D+ pin on our cruise in March next year. We don't wear them either. I wouldn't say they look like they only cost 5 cents. Maybe 10 cents, at least. Just kidding.:p They are not that bad. It is just the principle of the thing.

There's a pair of Diamond Plus pins on Ebay for $79.99 :eek:

We have been Diamond for some time now and have never seen one!

Me too, almost Diamond plus, and fit into the "don't care" catagory, re- pins. :) Not sure they wear well with my t shirts and probably would get lost in the wash anyway. :)

We were given our D+ pins on next to the last night, at the C and A cocktail and hors d'oeuvres event. Actually it was a nice little ceremony for 6 couples making D+, they even hunted me down to make sure I was there.

We've been Diamond since before the change over. This is the first I've heard of pins. Are they nice? If they are, I'll ask when on the Oasis in December, but if they are just a 5 cent item (as someone above mentioned), then I'll just skip it. Funny how we enjoy these little things.

My DH went to LA on the Oasis and he gave him all three pins for both of us.

They are very nice pins. emerald has a very small emerald on it and diamond has a very small diamond. small being the important word:D

I wear mine on my seapass holder and was acknowledge several times on that cruise and thanked for my loyalty. I thought that was nice.

Just wondering why the Emerald pin is fancier than the Diamond:confused:

image.jpg.9b0a1130f75c388a2fa6780c790a2a7d.jpg

We reached Platinum last Oct so hopefully we will receive our pin during our March 2014 NZ cruise and because we are in a JS for the 13 day NZ, we will reach Emerald before we leave again from Syndey on April 10th for the Syd to Honolulu, 18 days in the same JS.

Below the equator they take away a pin when you change status.

With inflation they would be in the 25 cent gumball machine. At least the platinum ones anyway. I have no idea where the one we did get is now. I've only ever seen one person wear one and it was the diamond one. The fact that someone would wear one would get a bunch of people's ire up. But it did help me start up a conversation with the elderly lady wearing it on a long tender ride back to the ship in Belize.

We had some friends on a cruise this spring, who are well beyond D+ and were entering the nightly D event to meet us, they were dress formally, and had there D+ pins on their outfits to be seen easily seen. Upon entering the D nightly event, they were stopped, and he just pointed to the D+ pin and the crew member demanded/asked to see their Sea Pass card, and said, that D+ pins can be found anywhere, and used/loaned/borrowed by other cruisers.

Over the last two cruises, I have see several people in the nightly event that you know did not belong there and no one even ask to see anything even the first night.

We had some friends on a cruise this spring, who are well beyond D+ and were entering the nightly D event to meet us, they were dress formally, and had there D+ pins on their outfits to be seen easily seen. Upon entering the D nightly event, they were stopped, and he just pointed to the D+ pin and the crew member demanded/asked to see their Sea Pass card, and said, that D+ pins can be found anywhere, and used/loaned/borrowed by other cruisers.

Interesting story. My only negative experience with a Diamond member (perceived negatively in my eyes, but I laughed) was on Majesty on my 2nd cruise and my first as a gold member. I felt really special being invited to the Welcome back reception. I was excited when the invitation came, I read it several times so I remember it stating you had to bring your invitation. I think we got their 10 minutes early and the door wasn't open, but there I was with my invitation in hand ready to happily present it. When the doors opened the line stopped when the lady in front of me stated she didn't have her invitation, but it was ok because she was diamond and flicked her wrist in a dismissive wave to the attendant and walked on by. It struck me as funny and if I had video'd it, it would be on youtube and in my signature.

My first actual experience, now that I think about it, with a person wearing a diamond pin came on our very first cruise. It was the final morning of a 7 day cruise and we went to the windjammer for that final breakfast. They had 1/2 of the seating closed down. When we were wandering around looking for a table, a couple who saw my Ohio State shirt, invited us to sit at their table as they were from the same area. I noticed his pin and he told me what it was and when I started talking about all of their cruises I learned he was following up the Eastern Caribbean cruise with a B2B TA cruise. It made for great conversation.

We turned Diamond mid way through our our last B2B cruise on Freedom.

We had to go to the Loyalty ambassador on the first day of 2nd leg to get our status updated so we could get new cards with "Diamond" imprinted, and programmed for the Diamond lounge. (the most important aspect). ;)

The Loyalty ambassador quickly and happily obliged, then disappeared for a minute, returning with two Diamond coupon books, and Diamond pins for each of us.

(Somehow we missed getting the Platinum and Emerald pins - No matter.)

My DW hasn't worn hers, but I wore my pin on both formal nights.

The increased respect and admiration was felt immediately. :p

When we got home, we quickly had them appraised and insured, then locked in our safe. ;) :D

Ours were delivered to our cabin during our last cruise. Not sure what we'll do with the pins but it was nice to get one more match play coupon in our coupon book. :)

ry%3D480

You can also pick one up on Ebay for 1.99 includes shipping. :rolleyes:

Archived