pool closed while in port

It varys .. there doesnt seem to be a cut and dried policy to me. Pools were open on my ships this time in ports.. sometimes the slide has been closed though for instance, because the crew member was allowed a day in port.

If you find a policy they always follow .. Ill be surprised.

I very rarely leave the ship while in port, and as noted above, have seen pools closed for a variety of reasons, but there is ALWAYS one open somewhere on the ship. A couple of times, I've seen the pools closed while the crew does training for the "rubber raft" deployment, and life boat drill for them. It was interesting to watch,,,,especially since many of the female crew were present in their tiny bikinis! ;) Never thought I'd find it so interesting to see how to flip over a rubber raft! :cool:

"SKY"

Pools do close at times for maintenance or someone deposited something in the pool that shouldn't be there..

Lol funny you mentioned that. Someone made a deposit in the pool on the Imagination last June. They closed it down, drained it and were scrubbing away like mad for hours lol. Sadly its the only pool on that ship.

I very rarely leave the ship while in port, and as noted above, have seen pools closed for a variety of reasons, but there is ALWAYS one open somewhere on the ship. A couple of times, I've seen the pools closed while the crew does training for the "rubber raft" deployment, and life boat drill for them. It was interesting to watch,,,,especially since many of the female crew were present in their tiny bikinis! ;) Never thought I'd find it so interesting to see how to flip over a rubber raft! :cool:

"SKY"

:cool: i hope they list that in the FUN times, to heck with petting a stingray :p

Hi Everybody: Just wondering if we can use the pool with the roof on it while we are at sea? It will be a cold going down so I am hoping that we can use that pool even though I am sure it will be very crowded. Also wondering if it is worth getting a balcony being the first two days coming and going back will probably be cold. Thank you

:cool: i hope they list that in the FUN times, to heck with petting a stingray :p

HA! Actually, I think they did list it in the Fun TImes,,,,but of course it was a generic listing,,,,something like "The Aft pool will be closed for crew training". I've actually seen that training twice, and YES,,,it is VERY INTERESTING! :cool:

"SKY"

Lol funny you mentioned that. Someone made a deposit in the pool on the Imagination last June. They closed it down, drained it and were scrubbing away like mad for hours lol. Sadly its the only pool on that ship.

Worse part is that there are those that find issue with the fact it takes the amount of time it does to handle these type of deposits and get upset with the staff, instead of being upset with the one that left the deposit.

Probably a "Baby Ruth" bar..:D.. That is a bad joke to do on a cruise....:rolleyes:

Just got off the Miracle yesterday.:(:( If I remember correctly the 2 front pools were closed when we embarked in NYC but the serenity one was open. Not sure the logic on that. On the first full sea day all 3 pools were open and remained that way for the duration of the cruise (daylight of course). Hope this helps.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ_yKRlEpL5jKNTCDhQZ0dtvW4AbtLM6O-hVjMSsFSRpKKPkpPi

"No big deal!" *chomp*

*faint*

:D :D

Hi Everybody: Just wondering if we can use the pool with the roof on it while we are at sea? It will be a cold going down so I am hoping that we can use that pool even though I am sure it will be very crowded. Also wondering if it is worth getting a balcony being the first two days coming and going back will probably be cold. Thank you

The second part of your question would be a value judgement. If any in your party smokes, it would be a slam-dunk 'yes,' though. :)

The first part....as far as I know the aft pool and hot-tubs should be available even with the roof closed. From photos it really looked to me as if the hot-tubs would be too close to the roofline to be useable when the roof was closed, but my recent cruise on Liberty dispelled those doubts. There was adequate room. :)

The roof was closed pretty often on our cruise and although the area wasn't as pleasant as when the roof was open, it was fine. By far it became our favorite place to get wet and get some sun!

Archived