The MSC cruise website is horrible

smokey haze

Once again we are not allowed to book Tours or Drink packages via the website for the Venice to Dubai cruise! what does it take for goodness sake to make them available to everyone regardless of who you have booked with!

When will the promised upgrade/ New website promised by Vago appear ? will it ever appear ... :rolleyes:

I cannot do this on The Dubai to Australia cruise either so think it is itinerary dependent.

I could book them through the website on my other MSC cruises despite being booked with a travel agent.

Well I thought the website could not get any worse but oh yes it has, you go to the "my msc area" put in the cruise reference, name, date of sailing only to be told you booked with a travel agent so go back to them ... :mad:

MSC when are you ever going to get the Left hand and the Right hand to talk to each other ? so much for promises of a better website from Vago and others... Clueless.

Same problem here today. First cruise with MSC and not impressed with the pre-cruise planning so far. Every other cruiseline we've booked with agents has allowed access to the reservations, just not the ability to change cabin or cancel except through agent which makes sense.

Anyone from MSC listening???

Same problem here today. First cruise with MSC and not impressed with the pre-cruise planning so far. Every other cruiseline we've booked with agents has allowed access to the reservations, just not the ability to change cabin or cancel except through agent which makes sense.

Anyone from MSC listening???

Hi teltrainer,

We are listening - and a new website is in development by our corporate team. We appreciate your patience in the meantime and would be happy to answer any questions you have.

Best,

Hi teltrainer,

We are listening - and a new website is in development by our corporate team. We appreciate your patience in the meantime and would be happy to answer any questions you have.

Best,

It would be wonderful if someone from MSC Cruises UK came on here once in a while to address the problems that British and Irish people have with the .co.uk and .ie sites

Hi teltrainer,

Best,

Thanks for the quick response! Any idea of the timeframe? end of this year? next year? Anything you can share would be appreciated. Having the ability to see the reservation details on your site is great for customer experience and your sales of add-ons I'm sure :-)

Hi teltrainer,

We are listening..We appreciate your patience in the meantime and would be happy to answer any questions you have.

.....Hi MSC team! I do have a question and wasn't sure where to post it. WE booked a 2 night cruise from Miami for Jan 2015. Can you tell us if there will be a formal night on that cruise? Any other details are appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi teltrainer,

We are listening..We appreciate your patience in the meantime and would be happy to answer any questions you have.

.....Hi MSC team! I do have a question and wasn't sure where to post it. WE booked a 2 night cruise from Miami for Jan 2015. Can you tell us if there will be a formal night on that cruise? Any other details are appreciated.

Thanks!

We did this exact cruise back in May and are booked for this sailing as well, and there wasn't a gala night because of the short itinerary.

Thanks Mikesa!

I thought that might be the case but wanted to make sure. What shows did they have in the main theater?

Just curious and I know it might change but love classical music and have seen videos with opera aria shows, etc.

Thanks Mikesa!

I thought that might be the case but wanted to make sure. What shows did they have in the main theater?

Just curious and I know it might change but love classical music and have seen videos with opera aria shows, etc.

I created a roll call for this sailing,,,that will probably the more appropriate place to discuss this..http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2062993

• 4 weeks later...
Well I thought the website could not get any worse but oh yes it has, you go to the "my msc area" put in the cruise reference, name, date of sailing only to be told you booked with a travel agent so go back to them ... :mad:

MSC when are you ever going to get the Left hand and the Right hand to talk to each other ? so much for promises of a better website from Vago and others... Clueless.

Still having this problem today! I'm wanting to check my account Tried to make final payment over the phone Friday, they showed I owed more money then my receipt they emailed when booking was done. Said they would phone or email me back, haven't heard anything.

How can they not see the same email Booking Summary sent previously (I had to send copy back to them)?

Edited by nvbabe

Hello MSC. We keep getting promises that a new website is coming, but you never say when. When?

Surely you realize how poor the site is. I'm a club member, but I am unable to see my upcoming sailing on the Orchestra because I booked through a TA. Even though I'm told my Club number is on the reservation, I still cannot see it anywhere on the website. Every time I log into the Web CheckIn, I am brought back to the same page to fill out the same information each time. Even though all the personal and passport information is there, I'm brought to the input page every time. It is also maddening -- and frankly embarrassing -- that the Web Check In does not work for all browsers. If you try to enter via FireFox, for example, you get a server error. Also, having to enter the name, reservation, ship name, dates AND the captcha each time is such a pain.

Even after I advance, I can see no details regarding my cruise. I can see nothing having to do with my dining reservation or my cruise documents. Even the packages and excursions booked through MSC can only be viewed if I escape and reenter all the same information I entered earlier.

While I'm ranting, you also do not provide information on the website to denote which cabins are, for example, superior vice standard balcony cabins. You describe them as being different sizes and even give the square footage, but then you don't say which categories are which and which cabins are which size. If I call MSC for the information, I'm told I have to speak with my TA. When I speak to my TA, they lament that they have to "try and reach MSC on the phone, which takes forever."

Please do something to at least show that you are sincerely planning to roll out a new website.

Nellie ... The so called New website was promised last year by Mr Vago, others have also promised it as well. The UK site was and i say was supposed to be up and running early this year but alas we still await the all new all dancing website.

Like you when i log in I still have to re log in the details of name, ship and captcha etc in order to progress which in this day and age is totally ridiculous.

Nellie ... The so called New website was promised last year by Mr Vago, others have also promised it as well. The UK site was and i say was supposed to be up and running early this year but alas we still await the all new all dancing website.

Like you when i log in I still have to re log in the details of name, ship and captcha etc in order to progress which in this day and age is totally ridiculous.

I think I fare well, relatively. I can log in with just email address and password and see a list of 'my reservations'. Given that I have no cruises currently booked (MSC won't take my money), I can only see past bookings, each twice, including the one, or is it two, that I cancelled. I am still invited to book tours, spa treatments, drinks packages and cabin extras for them.

An irritant to me, apart from not been able to book a cabin for sole occupancy at any price, is having to enter my date of birth in order to be told that there is no availability for me. Is it just people with my birthday who are not allowed on MSC? If, as suspected, there is a blanket ban on solos, why do I have to enter my date of birth to be told that?

I have zero faith in MSC delivering a satisfactory web site in-house. Whatever they are working on is already 8 months late. They really should farm out the job to professionals with a proven track record.

• 1 month later...

I booked an October 5th Eastern Med cruise on Fantasia through an American TA. When I went to the MSC USA web page to book the Allegrissimo Adult package I found this description:

"ALLEGRISSIMO ADULT

Unlimited consumption of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks including wine by the glass (white, red, rosé and sparkling chosen from the “Allegrissimo Selection”), draft beer, soft drinks, mineral water, hot drinks and a wide selection of drinks and cocktails from the bar list, as well as take away ice-cream in a cone or cup".

However, when I went to book it through Special Services, hot drinks aren´t included!:

ALLEGRISSIMO ADULT - UNLIMITED 24 HOURS

Unlimited wine by the glass (choice of 2 whites, 1 rosè, 2 reds, 2 sparkling wines - 1 dry and 1 sweet), draught beer, soft drinks, mineral water and a wide selection of drinks and cocktails from the bar, as well as take-away ice-cream in a cone or cup.

I contacted MSC through Facebook and they promised to look into it! Any suggestions from you kind folks here?

Madeleine

I booked an October 5th Eastern Med cruise on Fantasia through an American TA. When I went to the MSC USA web page to book the Allegrissimo Adult package I found this description:

"ALLEGRISSIMO ADULT

Unlimited consumption of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks including wine by the glass (white, red, rosé and sparkling chosen from the “Allegrissimo Selection”), draft beer, soft drinks, mineral water, hot drinks and a wide selection of drinks and cocktails from the bar list, as well as take away ice-cream in a cone or cup".

However, when I went to book it through Special Services, hot drinks aren´t included!:

Unlimited wine by the glass (choice of 2 whites, 1 rosè, 2 reds, 2 sparkling wines - 1 dry and 1 sweet), draught beer, soft drinks, mineral water and a wide selection of drinks and cocktails from the bar, as well as take-away ice-cream in a cone or cup.

I contacted MSC through Facebook and they promised to look into it! Any suggestions from you kind folks here?

Madeleine

Madeleine,,,just when I thought the website couldn't get any worse!!!! I tried to access one of my bookings to check on this info for you,,,well,,not only can't I access my reservations in the MY MSC Area,,I can't access any of my reservations to even reserve a drink package, excursion,,,,nothing!!!!! The website just laughs at me and gives me the "INTERNAL SERVER ERROR" message!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Edited by Mikesa1721

"ALLEGRISSIMO ADULT

Madeleine

Well I've had the Allegrissimo several times in Europe and it always includes hot drinks. Not all of them (e.g liqueur coffees)

I just tried to go in to the UK site to add it on to my current booking to see whT it would say but although I can log in, the links to My Dashboard, My Reservations etc, so who knows what it says.

Also had bother making the cruise booking. Did it twice and twice it only went through as an option. Had to phone up and get them to send me a link to convert it from an option to a confirmed booking. Oh and that went pear shaped to....was meant to be just a £100 deposit but they have debited the full cruise cost. They've promised a refund by the end of the week.

I'm definitely sticking to phone booking I with them for the foreseeable future. Annoying thing is their opening hours duringnthe week mean they're closed bynthe time I get home.

If only they'd fix their website!

Madeleine,,,just when I thought the website couldn't get any worse!!!! I tried to access one of my bookings to check on this info for you,,,well,,not only can't I access my reservations in the MY MSC Area,,I can't access any of my reservations to even reserve a drink package, excursion,,,,nothing!!!!! The website just laughs at me and gives me the "INTERNAL SERVER ERROR" message!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Hi Mike,

Thank you so much for trying to find information for me. I see the MSC website went into auto-destruct mode, at least in your case!

Hopefully it will get back to normal (?) tomorrow.

Do you know if the Allegrissimo Adult package always includes hot drinks? That´s all I need to know, really, before I try to book it online.

Thanks again,

Madeleine

Well I've had the Allegrissimo several times in Europe and it always includes hot drinks. Not all of them (e.g liqueur coffees)

I just tried to go in to the UK site to add it on to my current booking to see whT it would say but although I can log in, the links to My Dashboard, My Reservations etc, so who knows what it says.

Also had bother making the cruise booking. Did it twice and twice it only went through as an option. Had to phone up and get them to send me a link to convert it from an option to a confirmed booking. Oh and that went pear shaped to....was meant to be just a £100 deposit but they have debited the full cruise cost. They've promised a refund by the end of the week.

I'm definitely sticking to phone booking I with them for the foreseeable future. Annoying thing is their opening hours duringnthe week mean they're closed bynthe time I get home.

If only they'd fix their website!

Thank you for the info, AmoMondo. Sorry to see you´re having all this trouble, my problem is small in comparison. But I still haven´t received our e-docs, that´ll be a new headache I´m afraid…

Thank you for the info, AmoMondo. Sorry to see you´re having all this trouble, my problem is small in comparison. But I still haven´t received our e-docs, that´ll be a new headache I´m afraid…

If you are a Facebook user, message them that way. It seems to get a quicker response than email or waiting on hold on the phone.

Good luck getting it sorted out.

6 Facebook messages over 3 weeks and still waiting for an answer despite getting a reply to the messages on FB ! Finally my patience has seen the darkside ... :mad:

That has to be soooo frustrating for you, Sid. Have you tried phoning them? I find if you ring early in the morning you usually get hold of somebody without delay.

It's the little things that make you want to pull your hair out with them. Yet, despite the annoyances, I still can't resist booking with MSC again and again :rolleyes:

Hi Bea ... Tomorrow a letter will be on its way to Giles Hawke, after two months you would think that someone would have what it takes to glean an answer and not keep fobbing people off with you will have a reply shortly!

Best of luck - I hope you get sorted. Such a shame to have to go to those lengths, but, as you say, it's too much being fobbed off. How long is "shortly" in MSC's book?