The MSC cruise website is horrible

smokey haze

How long ago is it now that the All New Singing and Dancing website was promised ?

It was meant to be "the end of the year" can't remember if that was 2013 or 2014. Then again Mr Hawke maybe meant 2020!

It is a complete pain in the proverbial on a good day.

As Tim says, fortunately onboard experience is a completely different experience from shoreside. They would not have a single repeat cruiser otherwise.

Every other company is heavily investing in digital as the shift to nine mobile devices for transactions keeps increasing. Don't know what MSC spends but if they are spending anything at all, they are eating their money as it doesn't get any better. They certainly have a completely incompetent testing team/approach.

They did revamp the part of the site used by travel agents but even they say it is still a pile of rubbish, I seem to recall it was Vega who said it would be up and running in his Q and A session some time ago.

I waited on hold yesterday for 45 minutes and never did get to talk to anyone . I can't seem to find a place to print out luggage tags . . Today I called again and after another long wait they said you have to get them at the port . I know I have read that others have gotten them on line .They couldn't even tell me how to print them.

I waited on hold yesterday for 45 minutes and never did get to talk to anyone . I can't seem to find a place to print out luggage tags . . Today I called again and after another long wait they said you have to get them at the port . I know I have read that others have gotten them on line .They couldn't even tell me how to print them.

Send a massage through their facebook page with your booking number and your e-mail address requesting your e-doc and luggages tags.Did this monday

and got e-mai today docs and tags.

Its on the last page of your documents , we just printed ours.

Thanks 's I'll try again a different way .

You don't print tickets and labels off from the website. Either you or your TA should have been emailed a PDF file of your etickets. This is what you print off. Not sure about the US but in the UK they are only issued usually1-3 weeks prior to sailing.

You can get lBels at the port but you do need your tickets to board.

I have seen several posts which state that the CEO has provided his email address for people who may have had issues with MSC. Does anyone here happen to know where I may find this ? Lets just say we had more than a few issues and found MSC to be the worst company we have ever dealt with......and we are probably some of the most laid back and easy going folk you will ever meet

I have seen several posts which state that the CEO has provided his email address for people who may have had issues with MSC. Does anyone here happen to know where I may find this ? Lets just say we had more than a few issues and found MSC to be the worst company we have ever dealt with......and we are probably some of the most laid back and easy going folk you will ever meet

If you do a search, I am sure you will find it. Sorry you didn't have a great time and had a bad experience. Nothing will put me off going :)

I think a lot of people seem to expect MSC to be 'Americanized' and it be like home from home, and just be burger and chips everywhere.

Its an European cruise line, with Europeans travelling, and it just happens to be leaving from the US. You just have to go with an open mind and accept different cultures. (Just my opinion! ;))

We love MSC but their website is totally outdated. Next week we are sailing on the refurbished and revitalized MSC Armonia in the brand new cabin category onboard that ship, a balcony cabin. They have rebuilt 94 ocean view cabins into balcony cabins. Almost two months after the refit there are no pictures of the cabins on their webpage and the category don't even exist on their Italian website. Not even an updated deck plan of the public areas exist and they still use old exterior photos of the ship :D

How far ahead can we log in the MSC website to book shore excursions etc? Our sailing is at the end of the year and I keep getting the Doremi website - it doesn't recognize my booking number!?! Anyone has this problem? I tried to log in the Web Check in site....

Thank you!

Next week we are sailing on the refurbished and revitalized MSC Armonia. <snip> They have rebuilt 94 ocean view cabins into balcony cabins.

Are you sure? The 'ocean view' cabins on the Armonia were/are exactly the same as the inside cabins bar the window and the smallest OV cabins in the entire fleet. Even If they have added balconies to the outside of these they must be the tiniest balcony cabins at sea.

I thought they were just adding a new mid section with balcony cabins and refurbishing the rest.

How far ahead can we log in the MSC website to book shore excursions etc? Our sailing is at the end of the year and I keep getting the Doremi website - it doesn't recognize my booking number!?! Anyone has this problem? I tried to log in the Web Check in site....

Thank you!

A couple of months before sailing is plenty of time.

They often have more available onboard than on the website. US sailings may be different but on others many do not book until they are onboard.

Are you sure? The 'ocean view' cabins on the Armonia were/are exactly the same as the inside cabins bar the window and the smallest OV cabins in the entire fleet. Even If they have added balconies to the outside of these they must be the tiniest balcony cabins at sea.

I thought they were just adding a new mid section with balcony cabins and refurbishing the rest.

Hello Tim, hope you are enjoying Turkey.

I can confirm that Norwegian cruiser is correct having been on board the Armonia in December. Personally I don't think the 'stretch' has improved her, there is less bar/entertainment space per passenger now and the buffet restaurant is even busier at breakfast making it hard to get a table at peak times (not a problem for you I know). To cope with the extra numbers they now operate a serve yourself buffet option in the MDR at breakfast, or at least they did in December when the ship was full. However the changes have not sufficiently put me off as I will be back aboard at the end of this month and then again in March, so therefore not able to attend 'the match'!! Seriously, you might want to check out the prices yourself.

During the refurbishment they inserted a new section with new balcony cabins on deck 9 and 10. In addition they rebuilt some of the OV cabins on deck 9 into balcony cabins. Please have a look at the deckplan under which shows that deck 9 now has a lot of new balcony cabins. This deck had only ocean view cabins before the stretch of the ship. Correction of my previous post: not all of 94 the balcony cabins are converted OV cabins, some of them are brand new and they are located in the new section on deck 9 and 10.

http://www.msccruises.co.uk/uk_en/Images/armonia_extraclass_deckplan_tcm13-108703.pdf

But they are of the same size as the OV cabins. Finally I found a photo of the new category. Seems like a cozy cabin :)

https://twitter.com/CruiseCriticUK/status/536526051321851904/photo/1

I'm very excited about this cruise:) Thanks to Northerncomfort16 for the reply :)

Edited by Norwegian Cruiser 73

Thanks Norwegian Cruiser and Northern Comfort. Those must be very cosy balcony cabins. Still, if it is the balcony you want rather than the increased space in the cabin that usually comes with a balcony grade, they should do the trick.

Mike, I am currently booked out with Turkey and Greece and don't forget MSC's new solo pricing policy made me buy a yacht last year so I ought to use that too. I still check MSC's repo rates in several countries regularly and await something to tempt me.

However, currently here in Turkey, basking in the sunshine, we have freshly squeezed orange juice (and fresh carrot juice of all things), decent filter coffee and thick, strained ('Greek') yogurt at breakfast (plus all the usuals), devatingly efficient at-table bar service everywhere, 24hr room service, a 24 hour bar, baileys, champagne, bloody Marys, cocktails (including caipirinha), better-than-Allegrissimo wine etc.. four a la carte restaurants, oodles of space and staff, large 'balcony cabins' with sea view for solo occupancy and a very generously-stocked mini bar. All of this is included in the £23/night rate! MSC would need to tempt me very hard to remotely compete. Did I mention the sushi and ping-pong table? Review imminent.

image.jpg.2e00186d59573517449f7153ca95408f.jpg

• 1 month later...

Looks like MSC have been tinkering again with the booking system on the UK website, how can they get things so wrong ? they now have 4 buttons for the number and age of people in cabins, below that a button to add those people and their ages but you can only add 1 person to a 2 person cabin!

My Grandson could do a better job with his school computer!

• 3 months later...

I think that is the launch date for MSCBOOK,,the new travel agent booking system. The new website is supposed to be ready by the end of the year according to MSC cruises USA.

I think that is the launch date for MSCBOOK,,the new travel agent booking system. The new website is supposed to be ready by the end of the year according to MSC cruises USA.

Fair enough. I thought TAs had had the new system for a while?