The MSC cruise website is horrible

smokey haze

Could someone explain to me what the best category number is and which is the worse! On msc category 4 is that really bad

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Which ship?

It will be an inside at that category most likely. I can't say whether it is bad or not as I don't know what you want. Deck planed for each ship show cabin category locations.

Now i know MSC are having a laugh ... just logged into my account for Divina for November and right at the top of the page under all the booking numbers and dates etc,it says this ....

Allegrissimo ...

With Allegrissimo, you're free to savour every moment, 24 hours a day, with your favourite beverage.

The package is valid 24 hours a day in the main restaurants and à la carte restaurants, self-service buffet and all bars onboard.

The package must be booked by all guests occupying the same cabin, or just travelling together and wishing to eat at the same table.

(Add Allegrissimo)

So you click on Add Allegrissimo and it takes you to another page which says the following .....

ALLEGRISSIMO, ALLEGRISSIMO PREMIUM, CHEERS

Add a little magic to your cruise

Every holiday with MSC Cruises is a unique experience, offering a multitude of different ways to relax, have fun and pamper yourself. And to make your cruise even more special, you can personalize it by treating yourself to a selection of optional extras. For example, our new all-inclusive drinks deals give you carte blanche to quench your thirst whenever you like. So why not give yourself the gift of total relaxation?

(Reservation on_board)

So you click on R.O.B and it takes you back to the original page .... :mad:

You could not make it up.

Sorry I'm on the orchestra going from genoa to brazil over Halloween ! I'm going solo so I,m in cabin 5015 x

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

You will be able to see the exact location and whT is around it on cruisedeckplans.com.

It's an Oceanview on deck 5 at the front of the ship sandwiched between the theatre and reception area. You have a lounge above you. It will be handy for getting on and off the ship, for reception and the main bars and theatres. Not too far for MDRs either. You may get a bit of movement if seas are rough being so far forward but at least you are on a lower deck which will reduce this to some extent

Living in France, using the French site, I found a really good offer, but of course the website let me down. I spent 40 minutes on the phone making the reservation.( difficult not being a native speaker) I am unable to get into "my space" to check my reservation, but have had it confirmed by e mail twice. Managed to book Allegrissimo, I think, but not able to check "my basket", and yet my friend up the road can see his reservation and basket. Just doesn't make sense. Another thing, payment had to be by french cheque as British mastercard was not acceptable as I don't have a British postcode????

Living in France, using the French site, I found a really good offer, but of course the website let me down. I spent 40 minutes on the phone making the reservation.( difficult not being a native speaker) I am unable to get into "my space" to check my reservation, but have had it confirmed by e mail twice. Managed to book Allegrissimo, I think, but not able to check "my basket", and yet my friend up the road can see his reservation and basket. Just doesn't make sense. Another thing, payment had to be by french cheque as British mastercard was not acceptable as I don't have a British postcode????

You can only see "My reservations" if they are made on the MSC website! Not even direct telephone bookings with MSC show, let alone TA bookings.

This has been complained about and several months ago we were told that they were working on a new system that would allow all bookings to be accessed online.

So. My DW has been talking to her mum today. We've been saying she should come on a cruise with us for a while. I see MSCs site has winter med cruises with flights and 0% solo occupancy and upgrades from £529.

So I think lets try some dummy bookings. Pick a 7 nighter on the Spendida. Pick a date in Nov. fill in first page 2cabins, 2 people and 1 person. Fill in dates of birth and MSC club card no. Click for next page. Then says if I want to book other that cruise only click here, so I do. Which takes me back to page 1 which I fill out again. Page 2 I can now choose airport. Manchester - not available so I choose London Generic. That works. Then I choose my cabin type for the 1st cabin. Fine. Then I have to choose airport for 2nd cabin so I choose London Generic. FLIGHT NOT AVAILABLE! ***! iPad bounces off 2 walls and slides under the settee.

Do you not want my money?

Edited by papcx

So. My DW has been talking to her mum today. We've been saying she should come on a cruise with us for a while. I see MSCs site has winter med cruises with flights and 0% solo occupancy and upgrades from £529.

So I think lets try some dummy bookings. Pick a 7 nighter on the Spendida. Pick a date in Nov. fill in first page 2cabins, 2 people and 1 person. Fill in dates of birth and MSC club card no. Click for next page. Then says if I want to book other that cruise only click here, so I do. Which takes me back to page 1 which I fill out again. Page 2 I can now choose airport. Manchester - not available so I choose London Generic. That works. Then I choose my cabin type for the 1st cabin. Fine. Then I have to choose airport for 2nd cabin so I choose London Generic. FLIGHT NOT AVAILABLE! ***! iPad bounces off 2 walls and slides under the settee.

Do you not want my money?

Snap trying to book Divina for October 2014. Apparently flights are not available. And neither is the cruise in YC. It's there, I can see the price, I just can't select the damn thing.

As an aside have you ever managed to book MSC flights from Manchester?

Giles, if you are reading this the MSC website is the VERY FIRST THING you should address come November please.

The MSC website is neither use nor ornament. Mr Vago reckoned it'd be uniform and functional by year end so if it isn't fixed by the start of your tenure you only have a month to sort it. Good luck with that.

Then you should focus on the customer service pre cruise. For example providing some would be fantastic.

Cheers

Papcx .... It is not just the booking side of it either! last weekend the page changed where you can book onboard services, it now has add Allegrissimo so i duly clicked on the button and it took me to a second page with basically nothing on it apart from the words allegrissimo and allegrissimo premium!

To the right was another button so click on that and it takes you back to the begining! .:mad: so down below is the little picture and drink packages, click on that and hey presto there is a kids drink package for 0 euros !

The response from the people responsible at MSC for it was ...

"we are currently experience problems with it. Our IT department is working on it. I’ll keep you updated.

I guess we can add it over the phone."

So add it over the phone and pay now because they cannot get the website working so that you can pay as part of your account on the ship!

It still was not sorted out last night ... :mad:

Edited by sidari

Papcx .... It is not just the booking side of it either! last weekend the page changed where you can book onboard services, it now has add Allegrissimo so i duly clicked on the button and it took me to a second page with basically nothing on it apart from the words allegrissimo and allegrissimo premium!

To the right was another button so click on that and it takes you back to the begining! .:mad: so down below is the little picture and drink packages, click on that and hey presto there is a kids drink package for 0 euros !

Hey don't knock this quirk. This is how many of our Fanatasia roll call obtained free Allegrissimo. We booked it online when it should not have been available. We all got receipts saying there was nothing to pay. Thanks to the efforts of Elizabeth and Stan of our group, after 10 days into the cruise, MSC accepted their obligations.

Can you book child Allegrissimo for yourselves?

Edited by Skipper Tim

Maybe I missed it. Has anyone in this thread seriously never heard about Ad-Aware and other Ad Popup blockers?

Oh that it were only that!

You can't have used the UK website much, if you think that is all it is. There are no ends to the issues with the site and they change from week to week. (probably to prevent us from devising a workaround and actually be able to use it!)

Sometimes they work in your favour like when it was pricing all cabins at the same price for a week at the end of August. The price was the inside price, so I picked up a superior balcony at a bargain price. Others managed to get the Allegrissimo for free. Stuff like this is rare though, it's mostly just annoying. If I had £5 for every bloomin DOREMI server error I've experienced, I'd be able to retire.

I must be lucky my pop up blocker stops it every time I go on their site saw it once clicked "No interest" and haven't seen it again.

Me too! I have no problem with pop ups..maybe you need to check your pop up blockers? I just wish their cruises would go a little farther into the future..want to look at 2015.

Me too! I have no problem with pop ups..maybe you need to check your pop up blockers? I just wish their cruises would go a little farther into the future..want to look at 2015.

For some reason you can view well into the future on their German website. You can't make any purchases but you can certainly get some planning ideas. A little tip that was passed on to me by someone else here.

For some reason you can view well into the future on their German website. You can't make any purchases but you can certainly get some planning ideas. A little tip that was passed on to me by someone else here.

I can't see any further on the German website than on the UK website - November 2014. Am I looking in the wrong place?

My friend tried to book online yesterday with no luck then we tried to ring with no luck either after being on hold for ages and possibly costing us quite a bit so I asked for a "call back" which they promptly did and hey presto a solo cruise cabin booked with the 0% supplement yipeeeeee

so the answer would be get them to call you :D

• 4 weeks later...

Less than 9 weeks to go to our Divina cruise and there are still no excursions listed for three of the port stops on their UK website! from reading this thread i know their I.T department is the pits but come on honestly how difficult can it be ? :mad:

Edited by ISLANDCRUSO

• 4 weeks later...

Well just 31 days to go before the Divina repo cruise from Venice and the website is still not updated despite repeated claims that it would be done! 3 of the port stops have no tours available, spa packages with no prices available and still no drink packages for customers to book apart from a Child`s Soft drink one but no price available.

This truly has to be the worst website of any cruise line we have sailed with.

I am searching for our next Christmas cruise & even though I haven't been on my Monsters of Rock cruise yet I decided to do some pricing with MSC and possibly do them instead of the same ole cruise I do with Carnival.

I hate their site so much that I refuse to book with them even if it would be cheaper. Every minute or so a pop up comes up asking you to join their mailing list. If I didn't want to join it the first time it popped up why do they think 10 times later would have me eagerly signing up for it now?

I'm hoping that someone from their cruise line reads this site & see how horrible it is for someone who was 80% ready to go with them but there is no way I will go back over there ever again.

Smokey .... Don't give up on MSC just because it's website is annoying as that would be a waste. I really like the line and they have some beautiful ships and a different approach to the others. You have to appreciate the Italian temperament a bit and like the food as well but all things considered I think you would have a great time. So persevere with the website and give them a try. ;)