The MSC cruise website is horrible

smokey haze

I'm still waiting for a reply to my July enquiry.

That's the main reason my next 2 cruise are with a different cruise line.

There are plenty of companies out there willing to take your money, and treat you better while doing it. If you look around there are deals that make the cost comparable to MSC.

Bea .... Well they do use FB here as well as you probably know, a response today was that Naples have not yet responded! :eek:

Still managing from a shoe box it would seem!

This central control by Napoli of almost everything including low level stuff is at the heart of a lot of the poor shoreside service and dissatisfaction. They need to delegate this to the front line in local offices or respond quickly at HO. They could set a financial limit. It would pay for itself. Sure local offices may make the odd mistake but compare that to the loss of loyal repeat customers voting with their feet becuase of one stall too many.

After typing in info several times, I still don't know if any of it took.

After booking excursions and drink wine and beer packages, if I submit Am I locked in or can you change them b4 cruise?

I thought I read that certain wine packages ( the 4 bottle vs the 6) can be used in bars and not just the main restaurant, does anyone know?

After typing in info several times, I still don't know if any of it took.

After booking excursions and drink wine and beer packages, if I submit Am I locked in or can you change them b4 cruise?

I thought I read that certain wine packages ( the 4 bottle vs the 6) can be used in bars and not just the main restaurant, does anyone know?

You can edit your reservations up to 4 days before you sail. I never trust the information on the website so I made sure I had taken care of all our reservations 7 days before we sailed. Make sure you print the list of your reservations and bring a copy of it with you as well,,sometimes the shoreside paperwork doesn't match the onboard paperwork.

Agree, always print off reservations for onboard services. In the UK, you get an email when the items have been added and it tells you the last date you can add or remove items.

3 cruises in a row my drink package reservation didn't make it to the ship but I was able to sort it without having to incur 15% service charge by having the proof of the prebooking with me. Last 2 cruises it was all fine and already showing on my card when I checked in.

I an having difficulty with Web Check-in. It won't allow me to enter my state (North Carolina) and therefore won't save my information. I have tried Explorer, Firefox, Chrome and even Safari browsers with no luck. Any suggestions? Bob

You don't hVe to check on online. I rarely do now. Used to but they were never interested in the online check on form, only the etickets.

It may be different with the Divina though. Perhaps there are advantages to having checked in online.

Thanks, I still would like to be able to use Web Check-in. It just makes me feel more secure. Bob

I an having difficulty with Web Check-in. It won't allow me to enter my state (North Carolina) and therefore won't save my information. I have tried Explorer, Firefox, Chrome and even Safari browsers with no luck. Any suggestions? Bob

Unless you do web check in (MSCUSA anyway) they will not issue your edocs and luggage tags.

You could try putting NC instead. Mine took BC Instead of British Columbia. If you still cannot do it ask MSC to give you a call. Then on the form it gives you to fill in explain the difficulty you are having. They are very good at contacting you and it saves trying to call them.

Your credit card information will be given when you check in at the port.

Edited by maryann2

Unless you do web check in (MSCUSA anyway) they will not issue your edocs and luggage tags.

You could try putting NC instead. Mine took BC Instead of British Columbia. If you still cannot do it ask MSC to give you a call. Then on the form it gives you to fill in explain the difficulty you are having. They are very good at contacting you and it saves trying to call them.

Your credit card information will be given when you check in at the port.

Thanks but it won't let me put anything in that field. I guess a call is in order. I'll do it early tomorrow. Bob

Thanks but it won't let me put anything in that field. I guess a call is in order. I'll do it early tomorrow. Bob

I filled out the online form to get a call and was contacted the next day. The woman who called fixed my problem immediately. I was impressed!

What is it with MSC ? you get an e mail from a named person but when you reply to that person you get an automated reply telling you to send the reply you made to the correct e mail address, then they list four reply e mail addresses! .... :mad:

Just when you thought they could not get any worse.

What is it with MSC ? you get an e mail from a named person but when you reply to that person you get an automated reply telling you to send the reply you made to the correct e mail address, then they list four reply e mail addresses! .... :mad:

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to torment you :eek:

I found that when I replied to a named person at MSC, yes I received an automated reply with several alternative address suggestions, but the named person did actually receive the email! I would call it 'first line of defence' in an understaffed, overwhelmed working environment.

My latest correspondence - trying to get my onboard spend Club points credited from March - has been abandoned. I received two responses saying it had to go to Napoli as the UK office could no longer add points 'manually'. Then zilch ever since. No "yes", no "no", "nil point" or should that be niente?

Overall, MSC have an impressive IT system. It is sooooo reassuring that their new system, already a year late, is being developed in-house :).

Edited by Skipper Tim

I am searching for our next Christmas cruise & even though I haven't been on my Monsters of Rock cruise yet I decided to do some pricing with MSC and possibly do them instead of the same ole cruise I do with Carnival.

I hate their site so much that I refuse to book with them even if it would be cheaper. Every minute or so a pop up comes up asking you to join their mailing list. If I didn't want to join it the first time it popped up why do they think 10 times later would have me eagerly signing up for it now?

I'm hoping that someone from their cruise line reads this site & see how horrible it is for someone who was 80% ready to go with them but there is no way I will go back over there ever again.

Yep!!! Their website is one of the worst out there. If they hope to compete in the American cruise market, they need to step up the IT department and hire some programming talent.

• 1 month later...

Sounds about right, last day of their big sale and their site falls over!

Companies are investing billions in digital because consumers behaviour is shifting more and more towards it. Yet MSC hVe such a weak offering. I doubt they do even the most basic of UST on it. You only have to try to the most basic (and most common of things a consumer would want to do) and you uncover loads of defects without really trying. Don't get me started on usability and overall feel.........

Edited by AmoMondo

• 1 month later...

So their website is still basically unusable as of today.

I was trying to book a cruise, first selected date fails to tell you there is no availability until you are well into the booking.

Tried another date and it seems like it will work, but will not advance past the guest selection page if I put my club member number in.

Also, what the heck are they doing having a 4 day cruise on February vacation week....still as dumb as a bag of rocks.

Petty, just think how successful they could be if the had "American" customer satisfaction/support etc.

Im taking an MSC cruise soon after been royal to royal and sailed with ncl and carnival and I told my family , if their website is like the cruise embrace for a bad week on a cruise lol

Cant understand why is so bad , it looks like a dial up website back in the 1996 lol