The MSC cruise website is horrible

smokey haze

I have to put my 5 cents now. Yesterday I checked my account and find out that my final payment was not charged by MSC and its past due . Called MSC today and got answer- yes, your payment is overdue……why you did not charged my visa? -We don’t keep visa in file…… :confused:Why you did not e-mail me?:mad: We would do it in some point soon….All web sites I booked before charge you on due date so you should not worry. Plus what’s the point to have –“MY account” on MSC if it’s dose not shows my booking info or my payment dates? It’s only shows my MSC club points. You only see your upcoming cruise if you try to book excursion . Something should be done with web ASAP.

It's the same in the UK when you book direct. No final invoice, no reminders, all very casual. I was three weeks late paying for the one I'm on now as a result. No idea how late they allow you to be before they chase you, or do they chase you at all? Maybe just cancel your booking. It really can't be hard for them to set up email reminders to send to passengers 7-10 days before the last payment is due.

• 4 weeks later...

Thought i would take a look to see if MSC had added anything interesting trip wise for our "Exciting" day early in Miami on the Divina repo cruise, but they have now closed down the booking function despite it being another 2 days away.

I am searching for our next Christmas cruise & even though I haven't been on my Monsters of Rock cruise yet I decided to do some pricing with MSC and possibly do them instead of the same ole cruise I do with Carnival.

I hate their site so much that I refuse to book with them even if it would be cheaper. Every minute or so a pop up comes up asking you to join their mailing list. If I didn't want to join it the first time it popped up why do they think 10 times later would have me eagerly signing up for it now?

I'm hoping that someone from their cruise line reads this site & see how horrible it is for someone who was 80% ready to go with them but there is no way I will go back over there ever again.

Are you seriously prepared to disregard MSC as an option, because you get annoyed by their mailing list pop-up?

Philip

For some reason you can view well into the future on their German website. You can't make any purchases but you can certainly get some planning ideas. A little tip that was passed on to me by someone else here.

Dates only, not prices obviously. I used the German site to coordinate two 7 day Meds back to back. So I had it planned and reserved the day it went live on the US site.

Clue though: It doesn't give you a better choice of staterooms. They only offer 4 or 5 choices at a time. And until someone exhausts those, that stays up ... literally months.

• 1 month later...
New website for agents has launched BUT I still cannot get logged in. Been several months now. Needs to be fixed ASAP if they want me to sell their product. All of my contact with MSC IT people has gone unanswered.

We apologize for any inconvenience with the agent website. Please email msc.creative@msccruisesusa.com so we can help.

Regards,

It is always a pleasure to see this thread reappear.

It is encouraging that there is a new website for travel agents but that seems like a wrong priority to me. For years I have wondered how travel agents manage to remain in business with the rise of the internet. In my home town they have finally been closing down. I would say around two thirds of them have now gone. What they are being replaced by is a sign of the times - mobility scooter shops, 'Cash Generator' and charity shops.

There may be a business case for online-only travel agents but booking direct really ought to be better value these days. And hence, as the principle means of booking direct with MSC is through their buggy, flaky, unreliable, inconsistent, misleading and totally confidence-sapping website, one would have thought that MSC would have given their public website priority.

Just found another glitch but like last year's Orchestra cruise, in my favour. Some of the Poesia September sailings have balconies showing at the same price as the insides. Perhaps it is deliberate but I don't think so as the ocean views are more than the insides. Off to check a few more Med sailings to see if I can find more itineraries with weird pricing that I could exploit!

Just found another glitch but like last year's Orchestra cruise, in my favour. Some of the Poesia September sailings have balconies showing at the same price as the insides. Perhaps it is deliberate but I don't think so as the ocean views are more than the insides. Off to check a few more Med sailings to see if I can find more itineraries with weird pricing that I could exploit!

Pretty sure there is a promotion going on right now where you can get a balcony for the price of an inside. Will check when I get a moment.

Cruising on MSC ships is worth the little bit of inconvenience when using their web site. Have you ever tried phoning them. I have, and I told them the site is somewhat crappy. Also, on several occasions I have had questions re drinks packages and cabin allocation sorted promptly. I do believe there needs to be a bit better communicatn between the Australian office and the home office, as advice can be conflicting. However I still believe the cruises represent some of the best value and the ships are great, and itineraries don't miss too much. Now if only I could find out more about the Iceland and Artic circle cruise in June and more information on the Magnifica, I would be happy to consider booking .

Edited by chezza7
Spelling error

Cruising on MSC ships is worth the little bit of inconvenience when using their web site. Have you ever tried phoning them. I have, and I told them the site is somewhat crappy. Also, on several occasions I have had questions re drinks packages and cabin allocation sorted promptly. I do believe there needs to be a bit better communicatn between the Australian office and the home office, as advice can be conflicting. However I still believe the cruises represent some of the best value and the ships are great, and itineraries don't miss too much. Now if only I could find out more about the Iceland and Artic circle cruise in June and more information on the Magnifica, I would be happy to consider booking .

I agree with you. I really enjoy the onboard service otherwise I would not have sailed with them as much as I have. I work long hours and it's not that easy to be making calls during the day. I find it easier organising things in the evening via my IPad from the comfort of my sofa. This is why I wish they'd fix their website out. The central control of almost everything from Napoli can make it tiresome dealing with local offices when something needs to be resolved or you what something slightly different. They should devolve some decision making to locl offices and improve communication.

Well my travel agent told me that she logged into MSC travel agent site and it had "changed' >> it is now a "new" site, many new features, no word from MSC but she said she is "exploring" it and so far it looks better

Before it lacked many of the update features and ways for them to check cabins,etc that other cruiselines have had in place for agents for years

so we don't know - maybe the new consumer site is coming!

Well my travel agent told me that she logged into MSC travel agent site and it had "changed' >> it is now a "new" site, many new features, no word from MSC but she said she is "exploring" it and so far it looks better

Before it lacked many of the update features and ways for them to check cabins,etc that other cruiselines have had in place for agents for years

so we don't know - maybe the new consumer site is coming!

Good news indeed Esty. As you say let's hope our site is next for the overhaul.

I have been searching for three days for a description of the spa services. I would like to know the difference between massages, facials etc. On Friday I decided to try the live chat, although it says on line after waiting 15 minutes for someone to speak to I got a message that the service was "offline!" I emailed them instead, no response. I hesitate to call because last time I did I spoke with the rudest person I have ever encountered from the cruise industry. Wish I had not booked, too late to cancel with out substantial penalty.

I have been searching for three days for a description of the spa services. I would like to know the difference between massages, facials etc. On Friday I decided to try the live chat, although it says on line after waiting 15 minutes for someone to speak to I got a message that the service was "offline!" I emailed them instead, no response. I hesitate to call because last time I did I spoke with the rudest person I have ever encountered from the cruise industry. Wish I had not booked, too late to cancel with out substantial penalty.

I don't see what your problem is. Have you tried using the Site Search box (top righthand corner) then type 'Spa Treatment'. I got 33 results including this page http://www.msccruises.co.uk/uk_en/An-MSC-Cruise/Spa-and-Fitness.aspx which if you click on the pictures you get more info on the massage, facial, etc. admittedly not especially descriptive but should be enough to make up your mind? If it's still no good then wait until you're onboard and go and see the spa staff yourself.

Edited by trevor432990

We apologize for any inconvenience. Attached is the the list of spa services and more information. If you have any additional questions, please call us directly at 866-545-8088.

pre_paid_spa_FALL_2013_winter_2014_CARIBBEAN.pdf

Regards,

I don't see what your problem is. Have you tried using the Site Search box (top righthand corner) then type 'Spa Treatment'. I got 33 results including this page http://www.msccruises.co.uk/uk_en/An-MSC-Cruise/Spa-and-Fitness.aspx which if you click on the pictures you get more info on the massage, facial, etc. admittedly not especially descriptive but should be enough to make up your mind? If it's still no good then wait until you're onboard and go and see the spa staff yourself.

The picture links do not work, on a pc or an apple. So I can right click and open them but seriously there are no descriptions. I can buy massage A, B or C but there are no descriptions. The PDF is worse, it has prices but is even less descriptive. What is a magic touch, or a sports massage? I suppose one could guess or book (for more money) on the ship.