Wine Permitted to Carry Onboard Now

gw2fll

[quote name='AnnaBeth']Just checked in for the Freedom and our wine was confiscated. The security officer mentioned that the new policy may only be for the allure. I will check in at guest services once we board and post any updates if we ge it back or not.[/QUOTE]

Please let us know how it turns out. This is port canaverals first sailing with new policy.

Currently sitting in terminal waiting to board Explorer. Brought 2, 1.5 liters bottles of wine with me in a packing case from A.H. Riise on St thomas . X-ray screener asked what was in the box. Told him 2 bottles of wine. He placed it on belt, went through machine, I picked it up and went to check in counter. Looks like no problem here so far today.:D

[quote name='gambee']Ok folks we are waiting to board. The wine has been confiscated. I will attempt to get it back once on board.[/QUOTE]

Seriously...RCI needs to get with the program on this. It should NOT be that difficult 4 days in to have communicated a major policy change to security. The terminal managers only need to go to each inspection/xray station and tape up a freaking "NEW POLICY, 2 WINE BOTTLES PER PERSON NOW ALLOWED" sign.

[quote name='Oshawapilot']Seriously...RCI needs to get with the program on this. It should NOT be that difficult 4 days in to have communicated a major policy change to security. The terminal managers only need to go to each inspection/xray station and tape up a freaking "NEW POLICY, 2 WINE BOTTLES PER PERSON NOW ALLOWED" sign.[/QUOTE]

RCI - enough said.......:p

But, here again, we really have no written confirmation from RC that their policy has changed -- except for what posters have reported from RC's UK site. I know that several posters have received verbal confirmation over the phone. But, if I had a dollar for every time I was given erroneous information from RC's phone reps -- I could cruise for free! :rolleyes:
I'm hoping that Laura S. or one of the mods can find out what's going on, and let us know. :cool:

Here is what it says on the RCCL website (FAQ's):

Can I bring alcohol or non-alcoholic beverages (from home or from a port) on board?
From 1st November 2012, guests are now allowed to bring 2 bottles of wine or champagne on board at embarkation. These are for consumption in the stateroom. If a guest wishes to consume these in any dining venue or bar/lounge, there is a corkage fee of 25USD per bottle. No other drink than wine or champagne will be allowed.

Alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports-of-call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned.

Security may inspect containers (water bottles, soft drinks bottles, mouthwash, luggage, etc.) and will dispose of containers holding alcohol. Guests who violate any alcohol policies (over consume, supply alcohol to people aged under 21 (18 where our policy allows), demonstrate irresponsible behaviour or attempt to conceal alcoholic items at security and/or luggage check points or at any other time) may be disembarked or not allowed to board, at their own expense, in accordance with our Guest Conduct Policy. Guests who are under the permitted drinking age will not have alcohol returned to them.

Please Note: All guests must comply with TSA guidelines for transporting liquids through any airport they may transit to or from during their cruise holiday.

It seems pretty clear to me - just a shame that fellow cruisers are still having problems today getting their wine on board!

Adam

[quote name='KeywestK']We were not charged a corkage fee on Carnival in the MDR, even though we expected it (per their policy,) but we did have to pay a corkage fee in the specialty restaurant.

On both of my upcoming cruises, on X and RCI, we will bring wine onboard to enjoy in our cabin....:)[/QUOTE]

Enforcement is spotty - sometimes we haven't been charged, or charged on the last night only for one bottle. It's only $10, totally worth it for having an interesting red with dinner.

[quote name='adamdiane']Here is what it says on the RCCL website (FAQ's):

Can I bring alcohol or non-alcoholic beverages (from home or from a port) on board?
From 1st November 2012, guests are now allowed to bring 2 bottles of wine or champagne on board at embarkation. These are for consumption in the stateroom. If a guest wishes to consume these in any dining venue or bar/lounge, there is a corkage fee of 25USD per bottle. No other drink than wine or champagne will be allowed.

Alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports-of-call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned.

Security may inspect containers (water bottles, soft drinks bottles, mouthwash, luggage, etc.) and will dispose of containers holding alcohol. Guests who violate any alcohol policies (over consume, supply alcohol to people aged under 21 (18 where our policy allows), demonstrate irresponsible behaviour or attempt to conceal alcoholic items at security and/or luggage check points or at any other time) may be disembarked or not allowed to board, at their own expense, in accordance with our Guest Conduct Policy. Guests who are under the permitted drinking age will not have alcohol returned to them.

Please Note: All guests must comply with TSA guidelines for transporting liquids through any airport they may transit to or from during their cruise holiday.

It seems pretty clear to me - just a shame that fellow cruisers are still having problems today getting their wine on board!

Adam[/QUOTE]

Thank you for posting that! With any luck, security will know before our next cruise, but if people are still having issues, that page will go in my document file. Edited by critterchick

[quote name='wwcruisers']But, here again, we really have no written confirmation from RC that their policy has changed -- except for what posters have reported from RC's UK site. I know that several posters have received verbal confirmation over the phone. But, if I had a dollar for every time I was given erroneous information from RC's phone reps -- I could cruise for free! :rolleyes:
I'm hoping that Laura S. or one of the mods can find out what's going on, and let us know. :cool:[/quote]

As you have said, the policy change is on RCCL UK's website.

Also I posted the written information I received from RCCL with regards to the change.

Not sure what else can be done at present but I will pass along your suggestion to LauraS and see if she can get more solid confirmation for you.:D

Adam[/quote]

I am guessing that is from RCCL UK website not the US one ?

And another thing. In every port that I've noticed prohibited items being confiscated from carry-on luggage, it's been ship personnel who man the table where they are turned in. If Guest Services knows about the new policy (as reported here), why doesn't the onboard department in charge of setting up the table???? She asked rhetorically.:rolleyes: Edited by critterchick

[quote name='Jayfo']OK... I'll stick my neck out there....:eek:
It will be nice if they followed Celebrity's lead on the whole balcony smoking policy too.... It'd be nice to relax out there with a glass of wine smoke-free! ;)[/QUOTE]

This is about wine. Not smoking. We smokers have rights also. Back to getting wine. Edited by lovetocruiserccl

[quote name='FSUNole']You're on Allure, correct?[/QUOTE]

Correct. I went down to guest services and inquired. First I was told I was wrong. Then I pulled out the print out from the uk site. And she said oh yeah yeah. She gathered my info and told me after sail away I would be contacted about it. We will see how it goes.

Exploring the ship now.

Adam[/QUOTE]

This may be UK site, but I note it's says guests are allowed to bring 2 bottles. That would seem to imply 2 bottles per guest. It does NOT say 2 bottles per stateroom...... Yet more opportunity for confusion. Sigh.... Edited by Tranquil Waters

[quote name='molly361']Ok I confess that I did not read all 19 pages for this answer. Can you bring your already opened bottle of wine to dinner?

Then you would not have to pay the $25 for someone to open it for you?

Thanks[/quote]You're joking right? Imagine if everyone acted this cheap, the policy would disappear in a blink of eye.

[quote name='DON M.']Now, don't anyone laugh but I like those little small bottles with a twist-off cap.

How many could I bring on, and could I take it in the MDR at no charge?[/QUOTE]

I'd pour it into a glass first, but that's just me..I'd consider it supremely tacky otherwise.

[quote name='nycqueen']You're joking right? Imagine if everyone acted this cheap, the policy would disappear in a blink of eye.[/QUOTE]

You may consider $25 cheap I don't I Would just drink my wine in my room and drink water with my meal but not everyone has money to burn.

[quote name='Host Elizanessie']As you have said, the policy change is on RCCL UK's website.

Also I posted the written information I received from RCCL with regards to the change.

Not sure what else can be done at present but I will pass along your suggestion to LauraS and see if she can get more solid confirmation for you.:D[/quote]

Thank you -- sounds like the folks who man the RC UK website are more on the ball than anyone here in the states. I just checked the RC (US) FAQ page, and it still shows the "old" policy. The reports of people having their wine confiscated today is also less than encouraging. Hopefully, RC will get the bugs worked out soon. :confused:

[quote name='nycqueen']You're joking right? Imagine if everyone acted this cheap, the policy would disappear in a blink of eye.[/quote]

Pretty soon there will be threads on how to smuggle wine into the dining room using shampoo bottles and rum runners:D

[quote name='Host Elizanessie'][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Yes it is true. I expect there will be an official announcement tomorrow as they usually do them on Fridays.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=3]Effective 11/01/12, guests who wish to bring on 2 bottles (per stateroom) of personal wine at the start of their Royal Caribbean cruise may do so.[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=3]If they are consumed in any of the bars, restaurants or dining venues then each bottle will be subject to a corkage fee of $25.[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

This is great news for our May 2014 Oasis cruise!! :D