LAFFNVEGAS Live from the Dawn/1st Caribbean of the Season

LAFFNVEGAS

Good Morning CCers , we I am not quite Live yet but will be in about 27 hour give or take a few minutes,

I am at McCarren International Airport in Las Vegas waiting for our long journey cross country to Tampa.

Some of you that have hung around the NCL board a while may remember my Live from 2 years ago on the Pearl when we did a repositioning from Los Angeles to Vancouver. Others who are reading know me as a frequent Holland America Board poster and long time HAL cruiser but with a change in 3+ years ago Tom and I ventured out trying new cruise lines. We have now kind of settled down with our two favorites being HAL and actually NCL.

I am inviting you to follow along our fun for the next 8 days, I will report in at least once a day. This cruise we are traveling with friend, Colleen who is by BFF from High School, yes it has been many many years:D We will meet up with her in Tampa and she is flying in from Phoenix, then another friend who has also cruised with us several time Kryse from San Diego and her friend Pam. Then there also are good friend Kathy and Bob from here in Vegas.. Kathy, Bob and Colleen most recently cruised with us this past March to the Southern Caribbean.

Well I actually slept well last night which was surprising, but this morning was just one of those morning where weird things kept happening, I picked up my leather travel purse/fanny pack and a junk of leather came off in my hands, then our son Andy's car would not start when he went to take us to the airport so he had to drive Tom's, then the freeway 215 to get to the airport connector had NHP closing it down so we had to take an earlier exit and find the back way to the airport. I am now settled in near the gate with my Venti Pumpkin Latte in hand :cool: I use to talk about our wild ride our son would take us to the airport and called it Mr Toad Wild Ride but now that he is in his mid 30's and yes living back at home :o He has calmed down considerably.

Tonight we are all staying at the Hyatt Place near the airport and we are to arrive about 5:30. Tomorrow is our big day to start our cruise on the Dawn. Did I mention this is our first tie to Tampa, I cannot count how many times we have sailed out of FLL so this will be very different.

Tomorrow we will get to experience the Suite Life ;) We are in Suite 10728 which is an Aft wake Facing PH, we had this same exact location on the Pearl in 10666. Love the location and this suite.

Anything you want me to check out on the ship I will try to do but may not get everything answered till I return since I will not always use up internet time to read all the posts.

Thanks for following along :)

Welcome to sunny but chilly Florida Lisa. Enjoy the trip. I would so like to get a bunch of friends together to do a cruise with us. As much fun as they are, friends would definitely make the cruise even more so.

I look forward to reading your review, and as I have not sailed NCL yet, please take the time to explain the differences you find between the two lines. It can be a good educational experience for people who have not tried the other, whichever other it is!

Bon Voyage with smooth seas and blue skies!

Looking forward to your comments about NCL Dawn. We live 50 miles from the Tampa port and have done several cruises on HAL's Ryndam from Tampa. Have sailed only once on NCL and that was the Norway. Want to do a March cruise so am very interested in your Dawn review. Thanks for doing this.

Lisa, have a great trip. Sailing on the Dawn 3/3, first NCL cruise, so looking foward to your posts. We also will be staying at the Hyatt Place pre cruise, so if you could let me know how it is I'd really appreciate it.

My Husband John and myself will be getting on the Dawn when you are getting off, if you could let me know how the Air Conditioning is on the

ship if it isn't cold in the cabin I'll bring a small fan, we live in the Tampa Bay Area and don't like a warm cabin.

If you get a chance go to Ybor City it is in Tampa and go to the

Columbia Restaurant they have wonderful Cuban food if you like that.

Have a great trip and you and your friends enjoy!!!!!!!!!

Karen

Hi Lisa, I am looking forward to following your "Live from the Dawn". I love your style. If possible please find out the following for our group which will be on the Dawn in 3 weeks:

1. Day & time when the Latitude/suite parties are scheduled.

2. Do they still do the "Best of Lunch" and when?

3. Which night and time is the Chef's Table scheduled for?

4. Our e-docs say "Anchor" for Roatan even though we are the only ship scheduled for Roatan both on Dec 4 & Dec 11th. Will we dock at Coxen Hole or tender? Belize I know we tender.

5. Is the concierge still Virginia and is Calvin the HD?

6. Who is the Captain and were you offered a bridge tour?

We will appreciate any answers you can provide. Scans of the Freestyle dailies would be awesome if it's not too much trouble after you get home and settled in.

Thanks in advance. Peg :)

Hi Lisa, I am looking forward to following your "Live from the Dawn". I love your style. If possible please find out the following for our group which will be on the Dawn in 3 weeks ....

We will appreciate any answers you can provide. Scans of the Freestyle dailies would be awesome if it's not too much trouble after you get home and settled in.

Thanks in advance. Peg :)

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

You beat me to it Peg! !!

Have a wonderful cruise. Looking forward to following your adventure :D

Greetings from Houston Hobby, we have a bit if a lay over ( 2.5 hr) so relaxing U had. Nice Mexican Platter at Pappasitos if course I splurged and got the Platinum Margarita on the Rocks ;) Now that was worth it. It may have only been 10:30 in Vegas but yes it was 5:30 somewhere. Kathy and Bob thought my Margarita looked good so went and got one. So that left Tom with out so he went and got a cerveza of Dos Exxis Dark . hey as Tom says I just drink it I have no idea how it is spelled :d We can already tell this is going to be a great cruise.

Archived