Nov 4, Allure of the Seas, Western Caribbean - A Review and Complete Pictorial Guide!

gambee

I always read anything about Allure as we are finally going to be on her in May. I have NEVER had the experience of such a fantastic review and the photographs are of such amazing quality it is truly hard to believe that you are not a very, very expensive professional photographer.

I wish I knew someone in the travel industry that I could share your review and photographs with. This is what your career should be. You have the ability to take a small item and with the eye of a professional make it a photograph that you want to frame for display.

You are very blessed to have a fantastic talent, now it just has to be discovered by the right persons. But, in the mean time, all of us can enjoy your fabulous review.

I am also so happy that you have the great relationship with your mom and your bf......what a happy way to travel!

as mentioned before, I hope this doesn't end before we board her in May, love this review

DSC06209_zps80bb32b7.jpg

I felt much like you during my first visit! Then a week later the earth quake hit and it only got worse:(

What we noticed these boats doing is that there is a gate on land, but if they can get there by sea after we have all left, there is no one to stop them and think about what must be left over (foodwise- even in the garbage) and things we leave behind that we think of as too "worthless" to even report missing; a magazine, an old tee shirt, numerous sunglasses, flip flops- all very valuable to them.

I'm enjoying your report...love the pants photo...sorry to say it gets worse with age!!;) And you are such a trim guy, you must have been skeletal at graduation:eek:

Hi to your mom, (since she's reading these). She did an awesome job on the flowrider photos! Go mom! Loving your review. I hate when it ends, I just want it to continue. This has to be one, if not the BEST reviews I've ever seen on cruise critic. You are doing an awesome job and covering a little of everything for everyone's tastes. THANK YOU!

It is so sweet of you for the "awesome job on the flowrider photos"

Thank you very much to all of you for taking the time to read and support my son's review.

I am very PROUD of HIM.

Mom posted! You are right to be so proud of your son. There is nothing like the love of a son for his mom. I know. I have 3 sons. I'm very proud of them too.

And before someone gets her nose out of joint, I'm sure a daughter's love is just as special! :)

Edited by RoamingRetirees

I would definitely recommend any of the Nex cameras with the kit 18-55 lens that comes with it, it will not disappoint you. If you are in a budget look at mine Sony Nex-F3, if you have a little money to spare look at the Sony Nex-6, it just came out and its a monster of a camera. Those kit lens are your usual 3x zoom of point and shoot cameras. If you feel the need of more zoom buy the E-mount 55-210 lens, that is all you will need for your trip. Later on as you become more familiar with your camera you can look into prime or super wide lens.

All it takes to get good pictures is a decent camera and a little creativity. I am just an amateur with his finger glued to the shutter. That's it, I read maybe 2-3 books that I bought on amazon, but no clases or training.

Ok I am on my second DSLR a Canon 60D with an 18-55mm lens and I can't take pictures as well as you!! I read the books, I get the "rules" but you are amazing. Mine are not nearly as crisp.

It is so sweet of you for the "awesome job on the flowrider photos"

Thank you very much to all of you for taking the time to read and support my son's review.

I am very PROUD of HIM.

You have much to be proud of, Mom! Your son clearly adores you and wants to make you happy.....and is clearly appreciative of all you have done for him in life. There is no better compliment!

I feel very lucky that both my son and daughter (in their teens) enjoy our company so much that they are delightful travel companions and appreciate the trips we take them on.

Loving Gambee's review....and having almost finished one myself (over on the Celebrity board), I know how onerous a task it is!!!

Gambee, This review is AWESOME! I'm going on the Allure on Dec 2nd... and everyday I come home from work to see what you have posted!

I do have a quick unrelated cruise question... Is there any digital camera you could recommend for a beginner!? I am looking to buy one for my upcoming cruise and have no clue what is a good camera or not.... looking for something between the 100-200 dollar range... THANKS!

sss

DSC06320_zps078c1e15.jpg

I see Flow Rider toe!!;)

DSC06489_zpsb61bfa43.jpg

I have these exact same same Keens!

I'm not really seeing what people find so offensive about "outside the gate" in Falmouth, it looks clean, the people look nice (but hot!) It seems no one has anything good to say...seems like you enjoyed your time there though.

Once in a while something comes along like your review that just delights us all. (Not that the others are any less appreciated. I read them every one and am grateful for each one.) This is just to say thank you for the dedication and work this took (is taking). I think this is a good forum for you and I hope, a beginning for an even wider audience. You have charm, personality and spirit; and skill in photography for sure! I left the Allure the day you boarded. Wish I could have met you. Love the relationships in this review and how you take care of them. :-)

This post has become my night time reading!:) Thank you for taking the time to do this Gambee!

We are taking my mom with us as well on the next cruise. We take her everywhere with us!

This makes me want to cruise on the Allure.

Hello folks I got home early earlier than expected, I will answer to all my replies later tonight or tomorrow morning. First let me finish day 4.

This was the dessert my bf got at the windjammer. Not really sure what it was, but my wild guess is some kind of berry cheesecake, that is what he likes the most.

DSC07496_zps7bbb4f9d.jpg

But the night was not over for my mom and I, we decided to go to the jacuzzi in the solarium. At this point I realized that I had not had a chance to really get pictures of the ship at night. So I brought my tripod along with us.

This ended up being my best photo shoot at night of lady Allure, I think I work best with a few drinks, lol ;)

Here are the results of that night;

Kids pool,

DSC07497_zps157ae682.jpg

Viking and kids pool

DSC07502_zps8d0b302f.jpg

beach pool

DSC07503_zpse8355df6.jpg

Beach pool

DSC07504_zpsac7de4f8.jpg

Edited by gambee

Beach Pool

DSC07506_zpsa60689a1.jpg

Beach Jacuzzi

DSC07508_zps3b9f02eb.jpg

More beach pool, you can tell by now which one was my Favorite one

DSC07509_zps856fd7cc.jpg

Central park, there was a Jazz concert playing, you could hear it from the pool deck. It was a lot of fun.

DSC07510_zps8be35ce0.jpg

The pool divider between the 2x2 pools

DSC07511_zps6369a3b6.jpg

People enjoying the concert down below.

DSC07512_zps344dcb0f.jpg

Edited by gambee

DSC07523_zps11b11f48.jpg

Here is Samba at night, it is simply gorgeous!!!!! Very very pretty!!!!!!

DSC07525-Edit_zps02d6c84d.jpg

Maybe one of the most romantic places in the Allure, bring your special other there for a special night.

DSC07526_zps7e5a26a5.jpg

Solarium Jacuzzi

DSC07530_zpsd416da6c.jpg

DSC07535_zps9d86fd6b.jpg

DSC07544_zps298ff85a.jpg

DSC07547_zps6c693eb8.jpg

That night we had a reservation for the comedy show, so we headed down to the room to get changed, when we got there we asked my bf, but he was not in a mood to go. So I packed all my stuff and mom and I headed down to the comedy place,

DSC07549_zps016fa76f.jpg

When we got there, we noticed that it had a sign "Show in progress, do not interrupt", crap…. Somehow I had confused the times and we completely missed our chance at seeing the show. Because you well know that it is impossible to get in without reservations, I was so upset about it, but what else could we do?

So we decided to go to the royal promenade and see what was going on there.

My old friend, I think he found something!

DSC07553_zps474377c8.jpg

Not bad a good crowd we thought.

DSC07556_zps2dbf7827.jpg

Just curious Gambee. With such a large ship, is it almost impossible to get a pool lounger? I can't get over how many pools there are!

And Samba looks lovely as does the Solarium. So many choices!!

On a at sea day it can be a little hard to get one, but never impossible.

DSC07558_zpsc7686470.jpg

DSC07559_zps0c1cab08.jpg

DSC07561_zps8f8c542f.jpg

Then we noticed the rising tides bar coming down and it hit me! We had yet to try out this bar! Mom was excited at the idea.

DSC07563_zps9a0a6656.jpg

So we went to the screen and noticed that it was just a short wait till it would start going up.

DSC07565_zpsc76a7c70.jpg

As soon as the nice lady opened the doors we went in and grabbed one of the low tables, if I recall correctly there where only two of them. Mom like that one much better than the high top and so did I.

DSC07569_zpsfb4aa2b2.jpg

So now I will ask you, what do you think I ordered?

If you don't know by now, then you're clearly not reading my review ;)

DSC07575_zps109d25cf.jpg

Soon after my drink arrived we noticed that some of Madascar's characters were out in the promenade.

HEY GLORIA!!!!!!!!!!!! GLORIA!!!!!!! HERE, LOOK AT ME!!!! GLORIA!!!!!!!! Nope she never noticed me :(, lol :-)

DSC07587_zps202d6167.jpg

Rising tides almost at central park

DSC07589_zps9f909e81.jpg

Here is a neat little detail I noticed while eating my olives. Sorry about the messed up right side, I have a bad habit of bitting everything :(. That is the olives stick of my martini. Cool right?!?!

DSC07594_zps4ae8a810.jpg

After rising tides, I was pretty much out of it, we headed to our balcony to check the emails and enjoy the breeze before collapsing in our beds. I slept so good that night, overall we had a great time that day, definitely much better than I had anticipated.

ZzzzzzZZzzzzzzzZZZzzzzzzzzzz

That is it for day 4, I will start working on the pictures of day 5 and answering comments, thanks for following :-)

Edited by gambee

Here is Samba at night, it is simply gorgeous!!!!! Very very pretty!!!!!!

On recommendations by a friend I have saved Samba Grill as the place I will eat dinner my last night on the ship. Despite mixed reviews on Cruise Critic I booked it. Hope it doesn't disappoint!