Taj Mahal precruise, Mumbai to Bali on Voyager 20 Nov-20 Dec

WesW

So sincerely, Wes, your upbeat commentary and outrageous photos have made me realize that there are so may places to go and see that I did not think I would be interested in. It would be so smart of Regent to bring back the ship's photographers in the form of you guys.... perhaps popping you onto a variety of cruises to do EXACTLY what you are doing. I hope someone watching appreciates what a fabulous marketing tool they have been provided with regarding all aspects of this cruise and how the REAL DEAL actually looks and feels. Thanks...please keep it up. fizzy

I agree but also slightly disagree. While I have enjoyed the really detailed play by play I am not sure I would appreciate it if it was provided for every cruise or if it became a regular thing. Not trying to be a curmudgeon but I also love the input of what people enjoy/not enjoy (esp. Excursions), tips (which Wes provides), etc. I have been reading another report on another board of South America and it is frankly one of the most lighthearted, funniest set of posts. Loving that as well.

So sincerely, Wes, your upbeat commentary and outrageous photos have made me realize that there are so may places to go and see that I did not think I would be interested in. It would be so smart of Regent to bring back the ship's photographers in the form of you guys.... perhaps popping you onto a variety of cruises to do EXACTLY what you are doing. I hope someone watching appreciates what a fabulous marketing tool they have been provided with regarding all aspects of this cruise and how the REAL DEAL actually looks and feels. Thanks...please keep it up. fizzy

Please, no shipboard photographers. We enjoy Wes' pictures simply because they are done from his point of view, not from a marketing standpoint to sell cruises. It is quite obvious that Wes and Ida travel to enjoy themselves and the company of their fellow cruisers. They don't appear to go looking for problems with Regent. They just ENJOY! My kind of people.

Exactly....my experience is that it is just fun to enjoy each others' experiences no matter how we choose to share or experience them. When some things become "institutionalized" they quickly lose their appeal.

I am enjoying all of the threads at this time. Thanks

OK my friend, what will it take to cease and desist with the spin photos?

The rest of your stuff is so good Wendy is beginning to soften, but we're not there yet. I must admit Jackie's tales of long bus rides and heat scared her off somewhat.

Roast beef and St. Emilion, to die for!

Bill

Col Wes,

My wife is no longer able to travel so we now do so vicariously through blogs such as yours. Since we have already taken many of these trips by land as well as by sea, it is very enjoyable to refresh our memories. We especially enjoy the photographs Thank you very much.

Frank

Good early morning everyone; Kia Orana/Frank& Sue, Keith1010/Keith & Anne Marie, Fizzy, EnglishUSA/David, Tallship/Tina, NewLondon/Bill, Patti22/Patti, Frank5/Frank, Findacruise/Joanna. TYVM, Thank You Very Much (again) for you gracious comments.

Keith & Anne Marie, Spin classes are offered here on the Voyager once every four days. Alen's spin instructor skill set is truly exceptional considering the breadth of experience of the on board spin students bring to each class. Keith--thanks again to you for gently nurturing/sharing Anne Marie and your love of spinning almost two years ago--which directly led us to this best in class indoor excersize. IMO, the depending on your spin instructor and fellow spinners level of experience-- simply the best darn cardio workout available (on board or on land).

David, thank you for sharing with us a very fond Navigator memory. Ida and I died more than a few times consuming Don Vito's delish limoncello.

Fizzy, Tina, Elsie; we love both cruising and sharing words/pix--developed my love for sharing words/pix in our beloved US Army where as an Army Public Affairs Officer for over a decade of nearf 32 years service, showcased (via words (in unit publications, local, regional, national, and internal media) the truly exceptional sacrifice of our Soldiers when serving---very, very sad tho that Army lost

a heartbraker to Navy yesterday.

Bill, promise to only share 23 more spin photos :). Speaking of outstanding cuisine, John, Leslie, Ida and I ate for a second time in Setti Mari last night--another outstanding meal & intuitive service provided by the SM Maitre'D, Ibraham and our Wine Sommelier Michael. We all selected the mouth watering, fall of the bone delish Osso Bucco. Paired with a delightful Soave through the app courses and a chewy/full bodied Amarone to match the tasty OB.

Pix (L to R: Wes/Ida, John/Leslie, Frank/Sue) after enjoying pre dinner drinks in the OL and just prior to leaving for P7 (Kia Orana) and SM (John/Lesie, us)

9002.jpg

Patti--you're very welcome--we love sharing Nele pix, stories--she is a delightful OL bartendar.

Frank--Your very welcome, pls do continue enjoying our posts--we love bringing the outstanding service of the Voy Crew members to life in words & pix.

Joanna. We have gin martini's paired with B/Cheese stuffed olives...like potatoe chips very hard to stop at one :)

VCP/voyager crew profile for this morning is of Putu, the Coffee Corner barrister. Puto has beenn with Regent over a decade, he startged his service on the Navigator back in 2002. He is so very fortunate to be a native of Bali, in just ove a week when we dock in Bali he will get to spend some precious hours with his three year old daughter and wife. His favorite things about serving with Regent include Seeing the World and getting his tax free salary--he purchased his first home in Bali this year. His toughest coffee to make from a guest's request is a Iced Frappe latte. Pls enjoy a few pix of Putu:

arthurnele011.jpg

arthurnele010.jpg

Good later morning all, apologize for the spelling errors in my last post--was rushed using ship's computer and was timed off, will use our Asus laptop instead. Also, forgot to thank Kia Orana/Frank & Susan for sharing their delightful Travel blog on world press. Frank's & Susan's blog has outstanding people pix--Ida loved their underwater snorkel shots. WE both look forward to our next snorkeling adventure tomorrow afternoon in Phuket.

VCP (Voyager Crew ) now is our outstanding cabin steward Aurelio--best we've had on any cruise ship. Aurelio is from Manila, Philippines and has served with Regent/Voyager since 2008, near four years. He is married and has three darling little girls ages 11, 7, and 5. He loves serving on the Voyager as he gets to work with his friends (fellow crew members), he loves Seeing the World for free. His hardest job as a cabin steward is on transition day--saying farewell to guests and welcoming new guests. Please see pix of Aurelio below:

11001.jpg

11002.jpg

Today's highlights include; enjoying another wonderful sea day on board the Seven Seas Voyager, enrichment lectures by Terry Bishop and Brad Kollveit, Mongolian Themed lunch, Shuffleboard--the Officer's challenge, the outstanding Cirque Voyager show, followed by a 60's dance party (will try to get pix for some of these outstanding seaday events)

Good late morning everyone, PaulaJK/Paula, thank you Paula we truly enjoy posting about this fascinating SE Asia journey and relish providing Regent CCr's more context/information about the marvelous Voyager crew.

Paula, believe u may be right--this voyage (Mumbai to Bali) does offer more activities than we had six months ago during our Dubai to Athens, Athens to Istanbul voyages. For example, the staple daily activities are offered as well (Trivia, today is French Crepes Teatime) and on Paul Reynolds voyager Today video today he mentioned they are planning an Iron Chef competition later in our voyage (officers vs the Exec Chef team)--a fun event for guests. Want to add a brief outstanding service comment about Hassan (our Setti Mari waiter) last night--we have had him both times we dined (and closed SM) he is truly an exceptional member of the SM wait staff--courteous, timely and intuitive service 100% of your dining time. Was remiss also not taking pictures of Hassan, Ibrahim (M'd) and our sommelier (Mike) as well as the magnificently prepared Osso Bucco. We absolutely want to dine a third time in SM.

VCP/Voyager Crew Profile now is Herlyn. Herlyn works as a member of the Restaurant Management crew. He hails from Honduras, is married and has a new born baby girl just eight months old. Herlyn misses her terribly but does keep in touch with his family via email and facebook. Herlyn is on his first contract with Regent and boarded the Voyager four months ago. He most enjoys being in charge of the set up & clean up of all specialty lunch barbeque's (e.g in a hour we will enjoy a Mongolian themed buffet) the pix of Herlyn below shows him busy with his set up. Kudos go to his supervisor, Carlos Salvador, the restaurant manager, who rolled up his sleeves and was hustling with the restaurant crew laying out table clothes (pix below) and shaving dishes.

herlyn001.jpg

herlyn003.jpg

Pls see pix from today's Martini making class held in the Obsvn Lounge:

martinitc001.jpg

martinitc003.jpg

The presentation was well attended by Voyager guests, the starboard side of the OL was almost full, pls see:

martinitc007.jpg

Pix from today's Mongolian themed Q:

martinitc010.jpg

VCP (Voyager Crew Profile) this afternoon is Huseyin--the outstanding La Veranda (lunch) and Setti Mari (evening) server. Huseyin is from Istanbul, Turkey and is married (he met his wife Maria on a Celebrity cruise ship over 16 years ago. Huseyin and Maria have three wonderful children, two girls (16, 10) and one boy (4). Huseyin favorite reasons for serving on the Voyager are getting a nice tax free salary, seeing the world (esp SE Asia) for this itinerary. He has been with Regent for one year having served with Celebrity for many years.

huseyin002.jpg

huseyin001.jpg

Thanks for all your posts Wes. Agree on Aurelio, met him on one of our trips and Carlos as well. While he is the "restaurant manager", he is never to high up to not help. When there is need, he is busting his chops with everyone. Then stop and be the charmer to the passengers, then help his wait staff again. He's an absolute pleasure.

All the best to Ida...hope you continue to have fun.

In Cartagena, Spain, on our Mariner TA in March, we had just begun a walking tour from the ship. As we stood in a semi-circle listening to our guide I was startled to feel a hand beginning to reach into my back pocket. I wheeled around to find not a pickpocket but our favorite La Veranda waiter, the playful Huseyin, in a crouch (playing it safe, no doubt, in case I responded first first!). Thanks for uncorking this fun memory with your word and photo tribute to this superior server with the twinkle in his eye.

Rich

Thanks as always!

Very brief weather report - minimal rain today on northside anyway; when I first heard the sound, didn't recognize as it's been so long! Supposed to get a bit cooler; we'll see!

Looking forward to more!

Good morning all; findacruise/Joanna, Franzr/Franz & Beth, Mr Rumor/Rich, gf/Kathy

Joanna, we're happy to share our pix/words with you every morning, very glad you're enjoying them--you're very welcome.

Franz, pls pass Ida and my warm regards along to Beth. Yes, Carlos is a leader who leads by example & deed, puling his fellow crew members to follow is strong positive example--sincere pleasure to watch him work on the pool deck or in the midst of ensuring Compass Rose guests get a timely dinner seat.

Rich, thanks for that fond Huseyin memory--look fwd to sharing with him tonight--hopefully in SettiMari. Asked him this morning in La Veranda if he got his picture and write up (just print out the CC page with his pix, take it to Reception, where the smiling and winking Daniela then passes the four notes to the Restaurant Manager or Food & Bev Mgr with our request to give to Huseyin, Herlyn and others.

gf/Kathy; YW (You're Welcome) as always and thank you for Atlanta weather update--see it will climb down in the upper thirties soon.

Today's highlights; include a special Thai Lunch for the top Regent Seven seas society members at 11 a.m served in the Horizon Lounge, joining about eight or nine of our Cruise Critic group and fellow Voyager cruisers (Kia Orana/Frank & Susan (leading our Phuket private snorkel adventure), Leslie, new ccr's John & Anneke, Gabriela, and Ida and I. Many of our fellow guests are taking the Scenic Phuket and Elephant camp excursion--where the highlight for them will be riding an elephant. Do hope to get pix from a fellow pax to share. For Constellation Theater entertainment this evening we have Terry Bishop featured in "Tales and tunes of a Troubadour"

VCP (Voyager Crew Profile), today we feature Malcon, a hard charging Pool Deck steward by day and marvelous Sette Mari worker by night. Malcon is

From Goa, India and when we visited Indian west coast port nine days ago, Malcon was able to spend four precious hours with his parents. He is single and has served on regent for three years (since 2009). His favorite job activity is serving Voyagers guests on the pool deck. Pls enjoy the following pix of Malcon:

11003.jpg

Below are some pix from the Titanium, Platinum and Gold memers event held a few minutes ago in the Horizon Lounge. You will be able to match some fellow CCr's names with faces. Pls enjoy:

Altosaxman (Tom & Peg facing the camera and to the right in blue blouse (Peg) with their Regent cruise friends, chatting with Capt. John McNeil

12010.jpg

Kiwiflyer5 (L to R, Terry & Grant from New Zealand) Ida sitting down smiling after enjoying some spicey Thai food

12009.jpg

Pix of the Proud food/wait staff showing off the wonderful Ice sculpture/thai buffet:

12001.jpg

Glorygaf (L to R) Tony and Gloria, from Australia):

12003.jpg

dcl: (Don Sr (seated), and Marge, Don Jr (Left standing) and Dave (right standing) from San Diego)

12014.jpg

Some more Thai Lunch event pix:

Voyager officers receiving line for our Thai Lunch:

12008.jpg

Cruise Consultant, Michael, GM, Frank and CD Paul toasting the Seven seas society members. Michael mentioned that if the economy continues to improve, Regent will most likely build a new 700-800 pax lux cruise ship. Michael, told us besides all the up to date current luxury gadgets available for a world class lux cruise ship, Regent is considering a smaller Main dining room of about 200 pax so they can offer multiple specialty restaurants (reservations and some not requiring rsvns)

12012.jpg

Wow Wes, keep those reports coming....Regent needs to hore you guys or at least install you are Resident Hosts onboard ship!! Luv it :)

Opps guess I should read my posts while I can still edit them :) lets make that HIRE you guys.....ok need another glass of wine!

Ida and Wes- looked like there was more rain on the south side. It poured in midtown - a real gully washer - then tapered off in the afternoon. From the radar, it looked like the south side got more so your beautiful garden should be safe. You can plug in your zip code to get daily totals here: http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/vacationplanner/monthly/30306

Reading your posts is now the first thing I do each morning over a cup of coffee!

Best- Jennifer and Georges

Hi Wes & Ida,

I am loving your photos and writings from your cruise to very exotic places. Your VCPs (Voyager Crew Profiles) continue to delight me. Thank you for highlighting all the wonderful staff and crew onboard! Hope you are sending these all to GM, too.

Couldn't help laughing at the Martini demonstration followed by the Mongolian BBQ lunch. My friends and I love to laugh about combining a martini with our eastern NC BBQ!! We haven't tried it, yet..... :D

Do tell David from San Diego a "hello" from me. If Wendy is in his entourage, say HI to her from me, also. We met 4 years ago on the Navigator Discovery Collection. Such fine, fun folks!!

Continue to have a marvelous cruise. I am with Crystal for a few days this week. She says Hi to you both.

Wow Wes, I can't keep up. 23 is 23 too many. I'm envious, however, Osso Bucco and Amarone!. One of my favorites-both. Wendy and I spent several days in the Vennetto, home of Amarone. We visited a vineyard-wine making domain and were fascinated by the Amarone process. The grapes are dried for months and then the fermentation process starts. We had the opportunity to taste the super stuff right out of the barrel. I wish I knew how to upload pictures, because the owner-winemaker sat on top of the barrel as he drew the sample. Great stuff. BTW the best never makes it out of the Vennetto-not even to the rest of Italy.

Keep the wonderful stuff coming. Wendy says "when is the next post from Wes?" She wants the spin stuff, I want the tours and food.

Best, Bill

Good early morn all, NCcruzQueen/Beth & Crystal, Newlondon/Bill & Wendy--gracious words of thanks--sincerely appreciated by both Ida and I--thank you.

Beth, will absolutely share Crystal and your warm regards to David and his family from you. Franck (GM) gets all our VCP/Voyager crew profiles via Facebook (auto downloaded) Yesterday, Ricky Ballanger confirmed (in the event receiving line) that he carried Nele (Obsvn Lounge Bardendar's pix/write up to her--Franck nodded) Wendy is not with Dave, Don, Don Jr, and Marge this voyage tho.

Bill, more spin pix tomorrow & food pix soon. Yes Amarone is a delightful Italian full bodied wine--thanks for sharing your Amarone story.

pls enjoy some Phuket photos from yesterday (elephant pix courtesy of fellow pax Gary and Lynne)

photo-3.jpg

Elephant (almost) stepping on Gary

photo-2.jpg

Snorkeling at Ban Raja Bay in Phuket:

12pm013.jpg

12pm017.jpg

Archived