Taj Mahal precruise, Mumbai to Bali on Voyager 20 Nov-20 Dec

WesW

Our snorkel leaders (L to R (Matt our snorkel master center) Kia Orana (Frank (L), Susan ®)

12pm005.jpg

Fellow CCr's Iceandwater (Left Anneke, Right John)

12pm006.jpg

Our CC snorkel group enjoying a walk in Bungalow Bay beach after our snorkel journey (hopefully Kia Orana will soon post the marvelous sea life we were fortunate to see (Turtles, sea snakes, trumpet fish, razor fish, et al) From LtoR, new cruise friend (Pat), (Kia Orana (Frank & Sue), Wes (standing) Ida Kneeling, IceandWater (Anneke), Ezel (Ed), and IceandWater(John)

12pm027.jpg

Have a half dozen more snorkel pix to post later.

Today we are in Penang Malaysia (arrive shortly).

Wes, thank you so much for the tremendous effort you're treating us with your reports and pix! I'm just catching up tonight and even missed supper - I will survive.

The staff profiles are special! I also loved the elephants - they are so mush more agreeable than those nasty camels!

oops, forgot to give special thanks to Nana541 and forgap for their over the top/too gracious comments--thank you.

Nana541, for Ida and I it is just a treasure/blessing to be able to sail on the Voyager with this terrific crew and wonderful pax mix.

Jennifer & Georges, thanks for the weather link, we had .90 inches of rain, happy face on Ida--her plants got a good soaking.

Some additional snorkel pix as promised:

12pm019.jpg

12pm023.jpg

12pm018-2.jpg

12pm020.jpg

Pix of the shops located on the beach at Bungalow Bay:

12pm022.jpg

dabear, ededmd; we enjoyed Phuket over the Maldives--more colorful coral and on the days we snorkeled, Phuket had more sealife during our snorkel adventure. Also, in our opinion Phuket (multiple islands we passed in our snorkel boat for the 30 min ride to Racha Bay and then ten minute ride to Bungalow Bay) was a tad more beautiful than our Maldives snorkel site.

TedC/Ted & Mimito4/T & Don--your very welcome--meeting these outstanding young crew members and learning more about their families and love for Regent, the Voyager-- beyond the hello when you dine or when your walking down your suite deck is very special indeed.

Pls enjoy pix of our sailing in to Port Klang, Penang Malaysia earlier this morning

alvin009.jpg

alvin003.jpg

alvin014.jpg

We go on Georgetown by Trishaw (Penang's king of the road) excursion to see Penang's city highlights in two hours. Hope to have more pix to share later tonight. In the mean time, time for today's VCP.

VCP (Voyager Crew Profile) have you wondered how the Regent and country flags were raised atop deck 11, well meet Arvin, a proud member of the Deck Crew who serves with the Staff Captain to meet a variety of challenging jobs on the Voyager. Arvin is from the Philippines, is married and has one active six year old at home--Jeff. His favorite work activity is driving the Tenders to the prospective docks around the world, and seeing the world for free--while he gets paid. Arvin has been with Regent/Voyager for over five years.

alvin002.jpg

We were on the Safaga Mumbai segment. I believe Arvin was also one of observers as we cruised along! I can't imagine scanning with binoculars all day for so many days to protect us from pirates!

You are now in my favorite place! I hope you enjoy seafood in Penang and get to see the E And O hotel! It is exactly like raffles built it.

Thank you for your hard work on our behalf! We are all enjoying your reports!

Good morning all, OrpingtonT/Tom & Barbara, Jospehine. We will dock in Kuala Lampur within the hour, first will share some pix from our Georgetown by Trishaw (Penang's three wheeled bicycled powered transport vehicle).

Tom & Barbara, yes, Arvin is one very happy Regent/Voyager crew member, always smiling, very unassuming--a credit to the Regent/Voyager team.

Josephine, Penang is now one of fav SE Asia ports too. We did visit the E and O hotel as part of our excurstion--very, very nice. You're welcome--we're glad your enjoying our voyager cruise pix.

During our excursion we traveled along the heritage trail and visited the ornate and intricately-crafted Khoo Clan Anestral House. Pls enjoy some Penang/Georgetown by Trishaw pix:

12late002.jpg

12late004.jpg

12late007.jpg

12late012.jpg

12late013.jpg

12late021.jpg

Wes,

thanks so much for all the wonderful posts and pictures.

Are Gary and Lynne from the London area??? I thought I recognized Gary in the picture with the elephant but it was hard to tell. If so, tell them hello as they are good friends with friends of mine and we all sailed together on the Symphony in September.

Nancy

Some more Trishaw excursion pix (along Harmony road, called Harmony since there is a Mosque, St. George Anglican Church and Temple very close to each other on this road) and dinner in Sette Mari shots:

12late024.jpg

12late027.jpg

Ida and I boarding the Voyager after our delightful Penang excursion:

12late033.jpg

And some pix from last night's delish dinner in Sette Mari:

Veal Marsala

12late036.jpg

Osso Bucco

12late037-1.jpg

Fellow CCr's (Ice and Water/Anneke and John and us) toasting to a wonderful dinner in SM

12late038-1.jpg

VCP (Voyager Crew Profile), meet Budi our SM server from Bali. Budi is married and has one child and will get to spend

precious hours with them when we arrive in Bali next week. He has been with Regent for almost five years and enjoys most seeing the world (getting to visit his hometown Bali twice on this contract).

12late043-1.jpg

Wes, loved all of the photos you just posted.

Also you and Ida look so very happy in each photo that you are both in.

Continue to enjoy and thanks for taking the time to post all of these wonderful photos along with you very well written posts.

Keith

Good early evening all, RachelG/Rachel & George, Keith1010/Keith & Anne Marie, thanks very much for your kind words, your very welcome--simply, our pleasure to share the wonderful SE Asia destination pix and crew member profiles.

We loved Kuala Lampur, pls enjoy some pix:

Batu Caves fronted by World's tallest Buddah, then 200+ steps up to the top, Monkeys abound:

Having problems getting the IMG code to load, may not be able to post any more pix--sad face, fell on

way down from Batu Caves (strained quad muscle) gingerly got off the bus at end of our tour, camera was

left on seat, tried to use Ezel/Ed & ellen's pix but photobucket not recognizing their code..will try to figure

it out. Sorry

Here is a pix of Batu cave's entrance (shown is the world's tallest statue of Murugan, a Hindu deity (not a Buddah as I mistakenly posted above), is located outside Batu Caves)

For info on Batu caves, pls see

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batu_Caves

Batu Caves pix and last pix below is of World's tallest Twin Towers in KL

IMG_4625.jpg

IMG_4635.jpg

IMG_4632.jpg

IMG_4623.jpg

Wes: Really sorry to hear that you injured yourself and that you left your camera on the bus. Just in case you don't get it back, Singapore is the perfect place to replace the camera ........ not the best prices but slightly better than in the U.S.

Great photo of Petronas (sp?) Towers. We visited there a few years ago and were fortunate enough to visit the bridge between the towers. We also visited Batu Caves (minus the monkeys). Now the stairs seem daunting....... a few years ago, the were a piece of cake:-) Getting older is certainly challenging.

Wes, I've come late to this thread, only just gearing myself up to our cruise in February (please look after our dear Voyager till then!) Your delightfully enthusiastic posts have truly energised me and reminded me of what treats lie in store for us in the New Year. Thank you so much for taking the time to share the details of everything we love about being on a Regent cruise!

But how unfair that you should suffer such a mishap in KL. For sure it happens to us all at times, but nevertheless, the irritation and general discomfort not to mention the mislaid camera would be enough to send the best of us into a slough of despond. Only you could bounce back with a post in spite of it all. Wes, you are a real soldier!

May you continue to enjoy your cruise and to appreciate the good things. I hope your camera is returned by someone who shares your spirit of kindness and goodwill.

Hi Wes and Ida - Enjoyed catching up on your latest posts and photos. Making me even more excited for my April cruise to the same area. Truly sorry to hear about your injury. From experience I know how difficult it can be to try to do the excursions when it hurts to walk. Can't say I've really seen Brazil, but did always take the shuttles into town and back. I know, not the same but better than nothing. If that doesn't work, I guess you will have to be content with good food and lots of wine. That's tough, but someone needs to do it.

Wes, Continue your good work! Your stuff is so good you sucked Gill back in. She's doing HK-Beijing. Very disappointed since we hoped to meet up earlier. Sorry about your injury. I know you are younger than me-so guess what you have to look forward to. Anyway I will not worry about a lot more spin posts.

Archived