Fascinating Email Sent To Some 02DEC Glory Passengers

VibeGuy

Carnival is in a pickle with this one

Nobody will be satisfied

Anytime , with any public venue when a very large group books it's bound to be a cust complaint fest

Disney a few years back had a similar issue with alt lifestyle day

I have been on a couple cruises that groups with an excess of 800 plus booked

Not fun as they tend to take over

Several years back went on a Gayrribean Cruise on RCL and we just happened to find out about a week out that it had been marketed through a couple of GLBT web sights....About 1/2 the ship was GLBT. Just like I would like to know if I was going on a NASCAR cruise I would have liked to know...some pool side stuff was over the top and embarrassing no matter your sexual preference, and the disco was interesting, if not but fun (No kids, all adults)...as a Stockholder and person who cruises 3-4 times a year I'm Okay with CCL and there attempt to control the situation and establish common sense boundaries...its what adults do...it has nothing to do with being against one group or another...

Just like this board is gay friendly...so is the Cruise Industry...really folks why is this even an issue...

A group that constitutes over 30% of the capacity should have chartered a ship. Especially if the are a group that flaunts a life style that is not mainstream. No problem here with the letter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No problem with the letter if its before you book, big problem because its WAY after you booked!

I just wonder how many folks on other theme cruises (Elvis, Donny & Marie, etc) were allowed to walk around the ship in "costume" without being put off the ship for violating the rules.

went on a cruise where there was a parrot heads ----no dress codes

It is the bathroom issue..plain and simple...and the only way to be sure they won't cross the bathroom gender line is to prohibit cross dressing in public.

Simple solution: print 'UNISEX' on paper and tape it over some bathroom signs.

Problem solved.

Political correctness and discrimination aside.....

one group cannot and should not dictate to the masses.....

that is why a diaper clad baby does not go in a pool...

because the masses on the ship should not be inconvenienced by the minority...

Babies in diapers in the pool is a health issue. :rolleyes:

Want to go on a cruise in drag, get 3,000 others and charter the cruise ship. Then you can dress anyway you like without offending families who just want to cruise. I agree with Carnival, its thier company, they can run it thier way. Too many special intrest groups want things changed thier way and do not care who they offend.

Perhaps Carnival Glory could just utilize the laminated signs that Carnival Ecstacy (for no apparent reason whatsoever) used/uses on its men's restroom on the Lido Deck, right next to the main pool and hot tubs.

Dudes would reach for the door handle, double-take (or not) at the sign, pause, check over their shoulders, again grab the handle, peek inside, and then head right in. Moral: When you gotta go, you gotta go . . . and many/most didn't really seem to care beyond that. ;)

Alternative%20Gents%20RR-XL.jpg

You keep saying it is a bathroom issue - but the letter sent never even mentions the bathroom!

I feel sad for people who cannot see that this is discrimination. But am encouraged that so many do recognize it for what it is.

I agree! Maggies cruiser is so hung up on the bathroom! LOL All I can say, is don't go to Europe!

Pat

I think many have hit the nail on the head here. To send this letter when they booked, CCL's perogative and the people could have decided whether they wanted to book or not with these rules. To send the letter a week before they cruise, way out of line!

Pat

I am booked on this cruise, and we didn't find out until 6-7 months later about the large charter. We were quite upset about it.

One, I don't care what people do in their private lives, I just prefer it be kept private. Two, I am concerned about the huge number of people belonging to this group. What's going to happen to the rest of us? How is it going to affect our cruising experience?

We almost switched cruises, but DH's vacation time was already approved (couldn't be changed) and there wasn't another itinerary we were at all interested in. We decided to just go into it with a great attitude and even if it was kind of a disaster, we would have a great story to tell.

I am glad the email was sent out, although I definitely think it could have been worded better and I am baffled that they chose to send it out less than a week prior. That is crazy.

I also think they should have insisted on a full charter or at least notified other guests and given them the chance to switch sailings without penalty (another reason we didn't switch).

As for the bathroom thing, it is something I thought about. I was wondering how that was going to work. In the end, I decided I probably wouldn't know anyway, unless I was looking at the way somebody's feet were positioned.

Why if someone doesn't like what is said or written, they pull out the discrimination card? I don't think this was the case. JMO! To me, something must have happened in the past that has prompted this letter. I do agree, getting it a week before was not right.

I do have to say, If I was on this cruise (or anywhere else for that matter) and one of my teenage daughters went to the ladies room and a man dressed in drag was using the woman's facilities. I would go nuts! And believe me, I don't care what people do with their own lives. Just because he is dressed in drag doesn't make it okay to be in there. If, it was a regular (whatever you consider regular) dressed man and he was in there, he'd be considered a pervert. JMHO!

Well, I hope everyone who is going on this cruise, enjoys themselves regardless of the letter.

~Sweet~

Very well said Robieone, as I stated in my previous post this is no ones fault but carnivals :/

Also all this talk of bathrooms and what not is utter nonsence, really? come on. The issue is that Carnival did not inform there customers on EITHER side of what was going down its Carnivals fault and they handled the situation poorly its that simple.

All I see is flaw, flaw, flaw.

2. Drinking and Gambling restrictions based on age = law. Carnival doesn't make the laws, they just follow them with respect to gambling and drinking age.

The point is, all of these things are CLEARLY spelled out in advance and three of the four are based on laws - the Carnival is following but not creating. The other is one that is clearly spelled out and you can't book without it.

That is not the law. The ships are in international waters. It is a rule Carnival has imposed.

my first cruise was with a tri-ess group. they are straight men who are crossdressers. they dressed in female clothes all the time on that cruise even in the mdr. and carnival always welcomes them. And every time i have cruised i have been with my transgender fiance. male to female. never had one problem. they even changed her name to her female name this last time on her sail and sign card because it didnt fit what she looked like and out of respect.

so i see this as carnival singleling out drag race.(which i love)

makes me want to buy stock just so i can vote out the board. lol.

also not a smart move on carnival's part to anger the community.

now im not one whos gonna get all pissed of and say i will never cruise with carnival. i would go in withdrawls. lol. but i choose to stay and help carnival see what they are doing wrong.

Just wondering...how many of us would take our children or granchildren to a Drag show...I guess I would not...R rated movies...18+ comedy shows or even Hooters....I think of lots of venues that I have been to and would not take them...thinking Carnival for the contibuting to the LGBT struggle is likewise over the top...

I hope everyone has fun...and please report back and review the cruise for those that go...should be interesting and fun.

I can't help but wonder if this is a troll.

I honestly can't see a company opening this can of worms in such a public way.

Sending an email to all the attendee's of this event is like waving a red flag at a bull.

Especially with all the controversy about gay rights going on.

Just seems a bit um... out of place to me.

Just wondering...how many of us would take our children or granchildren to a Drag show...I guess I would not...R rated movies...18+ comedy shows or even Hooters....I think of lots of venues that I have been to and would not take them...thinking Carnival for the contibuting to the LGBT struggle is likewise over the top...

I hope everyone has fun...and please report back and review the cruise for those that go...should be interesting and fun.

My mother took me to my first drag show when I was 17. We were in New Hope, PA. It was about theatre and performance, not sexual orientation. Carnival has made an offensive boo-boo.

Robbieone....great work!

Gina (Jerseyralph's wife)

Why if someone doesn't like what is said or written, they pull out the discrimination card?

Because political correctness is the defaul position for people who can't do their own thinking. And to call it discrimination is an insult to peole who died trying to end real discrimination.

Archived