2013 Identity Captain, Hotel Director, Concierge, etc.

davesgirl51

Not sure this is correct I think it's Calvin Lodge absolutely amazing if you have got him

Oh, if it's Calvin, I do love him... LOL, I have sailed with Calvin in the past... :) I guess I'll find out on Monday. I will e-mail Klaus before I go, so I'm sure he will let me know who the HD is for sure :) :)

Oh, if it's Calvin, I do love him... LOL, I have sailed with Calvin in the past... :) I guess I'll find out on Monday. I will e-mail Klaus before I go, so I'm sure he will let me know who the HD is for sure :) :)

There are so many changes going on anything is possible.

We have met many F&B's and Ivo's the best (Yannis is a close second)! I hope he's promoted to AHD soon! :)

? Really.:confused:.. clearly you have not sailed with Mustafa Gulbahar from Turkey .. If you meet him you will not be disappointed.

He is one of our favourites a charming man who is very experienced

Yes, a very charming man. But, not really all that experienced (although still very good at it) as HD of a cruise ship but he did learn from one of the best in Denis Prguda.

Edited by Beaver1975

Yes, a very charming man. But, not really all that experienced (although still very good at it) as HD of a cruise ship but he did learn from one of the best in Denis Prguda.

OK agreed but everyone has to start somewhere and you are right about his training. We find him a smashing guy and by experienced I was referring to his years in waiting learning from some very competent people. mind you NCL crew are excellent professionals:):

If you have not been on The Sun before, in the lobby area on a wall is all the pictures of the Senior Staff Officers and Management people. On Tuesday, could someone write all the information down and have it ready to post when you return. I am not sure how many changes will occur on Monday among staff. I know that P-G Nillson is scheduled to board as Staff Captain.

Have a great cruise. The Sun is a wonderful cruise and Alaska equally wonderful.

Hotel Director on call 24/7 for four months straight sometimes more if needed to extend. They must truly love their profession and be a true hotelier to succeed and above all treat their team the way they want to be treated because a happy crew means happy guests. Kudos to all the awesome HD's at NCL

Suzanne

If you have not been on The Sun before, in the lobby area on a wall is all the pictures of the Senior Staff Officers and Management people. On Tuesday, could someone write all the information down and have it ready to post when you return. I am not sure how many changes will occur on Monday among staff. I know that P-G Nillson is scheduled to board as Staff Captain.

Have a great cruise. The Sun is a wonderful cruise and Alaska equally wonderful.

Will certainly take down the info for you and post upon my return. I don't generally take the internet package on the ship as I find it painfully slow. Plus, I actually LIKE being disconnected while on vacation!!

My first time on the Sun and my first time to Alaska...we are very excited!!

Will certainly take down the info for you and post upon my return.

My first time on the Sun and my first time to Alaska...we are very excited!!

Just take a photo of the display and post it once you're back on land. :)

Yes we have and yes we were. Disappointed that is. :(

Let's agree to totally disagree I do not know why you were disappointed but we have always found him nothing short of perfect in every respect with requests or his infectious smile. he is in our view up there with he best who are now HD's.

He was on the Jewel in January out of NY.......a real jewel of a person!

It's so funny you say that - I googled him and recognized him immediately as I was on the jewel in January - Hugo was HD on that sailing...

Edited by VKNJDevs4

Hmm, I leave Monday... I wonder if it will be the same. I have not received a letter...we are in the Owner's Suite...cannot wait :)

We will be in the OS 1003 Sept. 16. I would appreciate hearing about the staff and your experiences. This will be our first time on the Sun, and I'm getting so excited!!! :D

We will be in the OS 1003 Sept. 16. I would appreciate hearing about the staff and your experiences. This will be our first time on the Sun, and I'm getting so excited!!! :D

I heard back from Klaus and Brian Walters is indeed our HD- Tariq is the F&B director. Will certainly let you know how the OS is (we are on the Starboard side tho).

From the cruise critic news

Aye Aye, Captain

Norwegian Cruise Line has selected two long-time captains to command the massive 146,600-ton, 4,028-passenger Norwegian Getaway, set to debut January 2014. Captain Rune Myre most recently has served as captain on Norwegian Pearl and has 28 years' experience at sea. Captain Tommy Stensrud is a 35-year veteran of the sea who has served as captain on Norwegian Pearl. Norwegian also introduced the ship's senior officers: Staff Captain Niklas Persson, Chief Engineer Carsten Forsbo, Chief Engineer Oeystein Undrum and Hotel Director Sean Wumhoeringer.

I heard back from Klaus and Brian Walters is indeed our HD- Tariq is the F&B director. Will certainly let you know how the OS is (we are on the Starboard side tho).

My apologies for the confusion I somehow confused Sky and Sun!

Just off the 8/17-8/24th Gem cruise:

Hotel Director---Mirsad

CD---Kyle

Ex. Chef---Tyson

Restaurant Manager---Marek

Beverage Manager---Louie

Ex. Housekeeper---Marite

Guest Service Mnager---Alvina

Group Service Coordinator---Carmen

Great team!!!!

It's so funny you say that - I googled him and recognized him immediately as I was on the jewel in January - Hugo was HD on that sailing...

YES! Were we on the same sailing? 12 Night Southern Caribbean? January 6.

When you get back from the Sun, do post something. I'd like to hear all about it. We are on the Sun October 9.

OMG....it's a small world....I know Snorkling Barb too, and have cruised with DebCapp's (Deb's) mom Sandy and brother Mike, on the Explorer.

Edited by Arzeena

Just off the 8/17-8/24th Gem cruise:

Hotel Director---Mirsad

CD---Kyle

Ex. Chef---Tyson

Restaurant Manager---Marek

Beverage Manager---Louie

Ex. Housekeeper---Marite

Guest Service Mnager---Alvina

Group Service Coordinator---Carmen

Great team!!!!

Who were the Captain and Staff Captain?

The only info on the Sun I have been able to garner is the HD- Brian Walters. Not familiar with him....

I just came off the Sun last Monday. Here is the information you might have been looking for:

Captain: Ronny Borg

Hotel Director: Brian Walters

Food & Beverage Director: Tariq Fazal

Executive Chef: Orwill Saidanha

Restaurant Manager: John Tragett

Executive Housekeeper: Cesar Benedit

Cruise Director: Richard Matic

Guest Services Manager: Rodel Gemeniano

Beverage Manager: Joe Borges

Concierge: Leah Rodriguez

Group Services Coordinator: Lucille Seno

Hope that helps answer your questions.

I just came off the Sun last Monday. Here is the information you might have been looking for:

Captain: Ronny Borg

Hotel Director: Brian Walters

Food & Beverage Director: Tariq Fazal

Executive Chef: Orwill Saidanha

Restaurant Manager: John Tragett

Executive Housekeeper: Cesar Benedit

Cruise Director: Richard Matic

Guest Services Manager: Rodel Gemeniano

Beverage Manager: Joe Borges

Concierge: Leah Rodriguez

Group Services Coordinator: Lucille Seno

Hope that helps answer your questions.

THANK YOU! I hope you had a great cruise! We sail tomorrow! :)