Your first cruise... year and ship...

cruzn buckeye

2007, Carnival Paradise to Catalina Island and Ensenada. It was my first real vacation from a job giving me vacation time. I heard the cruise lines gave good last minute deals, so I called Carnival, gave them my dates, and told them I didn't care where the ship went or which port it left from. I booked it 2 weeks before the sail date at $285 (including taxes and port charges) single occupancy. Five years later I'm about to take my 8th cruise. I'd say I'm hooked!

Our first cruise was in 1989 for our honeymoon on the Carnival Tropicale . It was a 7 day cruise to the Mexican Riviera cruise out of Los Angeles . At that time I remember Carnival advertising their upcoming superliner... Fantasy :D

2007 on the Carnival Sensation. Went to Freeport and Nassau . Was nervous about being seasick but was fine. I remember being so excited and unable to sleep the night before. We ended up taking an afternoon nap on the ship and woke up to find that "nasty" weather that Miami had for the superbowl followed us to sea. The ship sure did "move" but we were hooked. Still love that ship.

January 5th, 1985 one-week cruise aboard the (Carnival) Festivale from Miami to San Juan, St Thomas and St Maarten.

It was a very old ship, I was a heck of a lot younger (23) and it was a very great time. I was with my parents and two slighter younger brothers. As ancient as that ship might seem today, it was still the best experience.

Carnival Fascination - October 1995, southern Caribbean out of San Juan, Puerto Rico.

On that, my first cruise, I met the man who would later become my husband. We've now been married more than 15 years! Needless to say, the Fascination will always have a special place in our hearts.

The Jubilee, 1995. I really liked it but even better my son was in love with the whole experience. He was 7 years old, and in love with the MDR ambiance. Begged to have every single meal there. I think we only went to the lido a couple times, unlike now when pretty much only go to the MDR for dinner. He loved the kids club too.

Carnival Fascination. Aug. 2005. We were at Cozumel when Tropical Storm Katrina turned into a hurricane! We had an extra (5th) day at sea due to the Port of Miami being closed. I absolutely LOVED the last full day at sea with bigger waves rocking the boat!!

CarnivalCruiseAugust2005238.jpg

Archived