Questions about Lawn Club Grill on Reflection

slp123

For anyone who has sailed on Reflection or Silhouette, can you tell me:

1. Is the Lawn Club Grill opened for Lunch? If it does serve lunch, is that everyday, just sea days, or just once each cruise?
  2. If lunch is served, what is the charge and is an advanced reservation required or recommended?
  3. Do patrons choose to cook their own steaks or generally do passengers leave that to staff?
  4. I have read great reviews regarding the quality of the steaks served. Are there other entrees you thought were worthwhile at the Lawn Club?

1. Is the Lawn Club Grill opened for Lunch? If it does serve lunch, is that everyday, just sea days, or just once each cruise?
  2. If lunch is served, what is the charge and is an advanced reservation required or recommended?
  3. Do patrons choose to cook their own steaks or generally do passengers leave that to staff?
  4. I have read great reviews regarding the quality of the steaks served. Are there other entrees you thought were worthwhile at the Lawn Club?

Hi,:) I was on the 3 nighter. From what I have been told, The Lawn

Club Grill is only opened for dinner on the regular 7 nighters.

I ate there for dinner 1 night out of 3. It looked like a few folks

were cooking yes. It just depends on you and what you like to

do:). I did not choose to get up and cook and yes my food was

very, very good.:D......I did not have a steak. I had a veal chop

with 2 lamb chops.

Hi,:) I was on the 3 nighter. From what I have been told, The Lawn

Club Grill is only opened for dinner on the regular 7 nighters.

I ate there for dinner 1 night out of 3. It looked like a few folks

were cooking yes. It just depends on you and what you like to

do:). I did not choose to get up and cook and yes my food was

very, very good.:D......I did not have a steak. I had a veal chop

with 2 lamb chops.

Thanks for the info!!

SLP

No, lunch is not served. The staff doubles as the staff for The Porch, which is next door. The Grill's hours are 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm. The Porch's hours are 7:00 am to 3:00 pm.

You can cook your own steak with the assistance of a chef. One person at each table can do so. If no one is interested, they will happily cook it for you.

I had the filet and it was perfect. I did not cook it, however, so that is probably why :D They also have kabobs and fish - my table mates had come of these and they said it was also very good. Here is Celebrity's web site describing the restaurant, including menus: http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard/level3Type1.do?pagename=onboard_celebrity_restaurants_cafes_lawn_club_grille&parentpage=onboard_celebrity_restaurants_cafes

I highly recommend dining there. It was one of the best of the five specialty restaurants for us.

Our absolute favorite grilled food was the red snapper filets. The chef grilled them perfectly. DW and I also split a filet mignon - a awesome piece of beef. On another night, we had the seafood kabobs featuring shrimp and scallops. Also had some tasty lamb chops.

I did "help" grill on one of the three nights we ate there during our TA from Barcelona. I learned a few grilling tips and had a lot of fun.

For side dishes, the creamed corn was outstanding. Do not miss the berry cobbler or the carrot cake for desert.

I just went on the link provided and is states that it is open for lunch on "select sea days" and to check your Celebrity Today

On the TA, it was open only 1 day as I recall. It was announced the day before on the Celebrity Today front page. Think they charged $25 per person but don't hold me to that. We did not attend.

No, lunch is not served. The staff doubles as the staff for The Porch, which is next door. The Grill's hours are 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm. The Porch's hours are 7:00 am to 3:00 pm.

You can cook your own steak with the assistance of a chef. One person at each table can do so. If no one is interested, they will happily cook it for you.

I had the filet and it was perfect. I did not cook it, however, so that is probably why :D They also have kabobs and fish - my table mates had come of these and they said it was also very good. Here is Celebrity's web site describing the restaurant, including menus: http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard/level3Type1.do?pagename=onboard_celebrity_restaurants_cafes_lawn_club_grille&parentpage=onboard_celebrity_restaurants_cafes

I highly recommend dining there. It was one of the best of the five specialty restaurants for us.

Sorry, lunch is served on some sea days for $25. There were at least 2 lunches on the recent TA. They didn't limit us to one helper per table. We had 3 at one dinner. Steaks, veal, lamb, shrimp/scallop skewers were all great. Didn't try the fish. Jordan the LCG maitre d' will try to do most anything you want.

Sorry, lunch is served on some sea days for $25. There were at least 2 lunches on the recent TA. They didn't limit us to one helper per table. We had 3 at one dinner. Steaks, veal, lamb, shrimp/scallop skewers were all great. Didn't try the fish. Jordan the LCG maitre d' will try to do most anything you want.

Thanks for the correction. We were on a port extensive cruise from Barcelona to Venice and it didn't open for lunch, so I made the mistake of assuming it did not. Celebrity's web site mentions only one person from each table, but apparently they allow additional people - possibly if the grill is not already crowded with people from other tables.

I do agree that Jordan is an excellent maitre d' who will do everything in his power to make the experience as good as it can be.

On the December 8 7-night cruise, the reflection opened the lawn club for lunch once (I know... I lived in the lawn club hammocks on this cruise daily) and it seemed to be for a special occasion group outing. Otherwise, I only saw people on The Porch for lunch in the adjoining space.

no, lunch is not served. The staff doubles as the staff for the porch, which is next door. The grill's hours are 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm. The porch's hours are 7:00 am to 3:00 pm.

I had the filet and it was perfect. I did not cook it, however, so that is probably why :d they also have kabobs and fish - my table mates had come of these and they said it was also very good. Here is celebrity's web site describing the restaurant, including menus: http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard/level3type1.do?pagename=onboard_celebrity_restaurants_cafes_lawn_club_grille&parentpage=onboard_celebrity_restaurants_cafes

i highly recommend dining there. It was one of the best of the five specialty restaurants for us.

Thank you so much for your detailed answer!! Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Just got off the Silhouette and had dinner at the lawn club grill one night. Believe me when I say, it was fantastic. Probably one of the best steaks I've ever had. The night we were there, guests were invited to help prepare flat bread only. No grilling. It was great. They let both my kids go up, gave them aprons and taught them how to toss the crust in the air! We tried to make reservations for the last night but the only time available was 9pm. Too late for us.

On our sailing, it was also open for lunch on our last sea day.

Don't miss it. It was a fantastic and unique dining experience.

Just got off the Silhouette and had dinner at the lawn club grill one night. Believe me when I say, it was fantastic. Probably one of the best steaks I've ever had. The night we were there, guests were invited to help prepare flat bread only. No grilling. It was great. They let both my kids go up, gave them aprons and taught them how to toss the crust in the air! We tried to make reservations for the last night but the only time available was 9pm. Too late for us.

On our sailing, it was also open for lunch on our last sea day.

Don't miss it. It was a fantastic and unique dining experience.

Did anyone tell you why they were not allowing the passengers to help grill?

They didn't say anything. When our kids went up I assumed they would grill but they just did the flatbread. Being teens, they would have killed me if I had asked.

Several tables after us cooked and did flatbread only as well.

It didn't matter to us at all. But I honesty didn't think to ask.

I as on the 12/15 Reflection cruise and the Lawn Club Grill was open for lunch on the last sea day). It was $40/person and the menu was the full dinner menu.

My only regret is that we did not go there earlier in the cruise for dinner - the best steak on the ship.

We did not help with the grilling, but others were up there doing flatbreads and steaks during our lunch.

-Jen

A friend of mine who just got back from a cruise on Reflection, says that without a doubt, the best dining venue on the ship as far as quality of food is the Lawn Club Grill and this from a friend who doesn't really care for steak restaurants. And from member reviews, I have heard only praise for this venue whereas there have been mixed reviews from some other venues.

Just made our dining reservation for the Lawn Club Grill!

Can someone explain to me is this just one big grill? How do they handle someone with a severe shellfish/seafood allergy?

This venue does however offer grilled salmon, snapper, shrimp and scallops, but I would very much doubt the same grill would ever be used for the fish and the meat because that would greatly affect taste. No one wants a steak that has the aroma of salmon or lamb flavored scallops.

Is it safe to wait to book this restaurant once on board? We have a shipboard credit to use and don't really want to pay in advance.

What if you are a party of 2 and both want to grill? Is that possible?

Yes, you can both grill. Usually there are spots saved for on board booking only - but to be safe I would head there soon after boarding to make my reservation rather than wait a day or two just in case. Some sailings the specialty venues seem to book up early on in the cruise, other sailings they have a hard time having a full house.

Thanks! Do they take the reservations at the restaurant once you board or is there somewhere else we need to go?

Once on board just go to the restaurant and make your reservations, I have done this many times due to the onboard credit I receive. I didn't have reservation for Lawn club grill, I made it 2 days later for the 2nd formal night and they still had availability.

We had the Filet, shrimp and scallop skewer and tandori chicken, sides Lobstah (boston accent) mac and cheese and dirty rice. We were told the corn was not that good.

Whatch out fo flying pizza crust when tossing. :)

Archived