Cabin next to elevator???

Kween Karen

I just received my cabin assignment for my world cruise. No upgrade for me!! In fact I am concerned.....my cabin is directly next to the elevator shaft. Its placement puts the head of my bed on the same wall as the elevator. My hips should be next to the elevator and my head where people would gather. Yikes? I am a bit concerned about noise.

MY QUESTION:

Has any one ever had a cabin with this location? If so.....was it noisy?? Perhaps you will tell me it was very quiet and I will be much happier!!

I am a light sleeper and it just makes me a bit nervous!!

In the years that I've been on CC I've heard people complain about noise below a galley, but never from an elevator shaft. A good pair of earplugs would probably go a long way toward solving any problem! Or maybe you can have the steward make up the bed so that your feet are against that wall. ;)

On my last Eurodam cruise, we had a room next to an elevator but it had a corridor between us and never heard a thing. We had cocktails one night in the room of some folks who were next to an elevator. I mentioned it and they said they never heard a thing.

OK Thanks for the information. I talked to my TA and was able to get moved over one room....so now there is a room between me and the elevator. I feel much better about that.

You're all set.

Having a room between yours and the elevator, will be perfect.

OK Thanks for the information. I talked to my TA and was able to get moved over one room....so now there is a room between me and the elevator. I feel much better about that.

I am glad you are happy now. Being moved to the cabin next door will make you less apprehensive about the possibility of elevator noise. :)

Karen

Darn! I was SO looking forward to your being my guinea pig! (In a cabin next to the elevator on the 2014 World Cruise.) ;)

Now you just have to hope that the people that get the elevator cabin don't party all night! :(

We like being one cabin away from the elevator - more privacy plus very convenient to get anywhere on the ship.

DaveOKC

I had the pleasure of having a cabin adjoining the elevator on the Eurodam and it was no problem at all. In fact, the convenience of being in that location was totally fantastic. However, I am glad you got moved over one to give you some peace of mind.

Bobi

Archived