Too bad about the PC change in the menus!

cruzemaven

There are several threads on this subject. Read "PC Dining....Diamond Princess" for starters. A real bummer for those of us booked for cruises in the next few weeks.

Who thinks this is a permanent change and not just a trial as some posters have said?

Haven't been on the Diamond and it sounds like those might be major changes.

Just back from the Caribbean Princess and the menus there have been updated.

All the choices are still there - 3 or 4 appetizers, soups and salads.

At least 5 choices of entrees.

The changes included:

The left side now has Lotus Spa Choices (think healthy choices).

They have updated the Always Available - choices are a little better, I think.

They have removed the wine recommendations from the lower right side.

It's not bad at all.;)

I read the other thread and am totally confused.

We have traditional late seating - confirmed. We enjoy eating in the formal dining rooms and do not wish to be seated in a smaller "specialty" size room.

We will be on the Coral. Will these changes be on that ship as well and could we possibly end up in a smaller dining room instead of the formal rooms?

I read the other thread and am totally confused.

We have traditional late seating - confirmed. We enjoy eating in the formal dining rooms and do not wish to be seated in a smaller "specialty" size room.

We will be on the Coral. Will these changes be on that ship as well and could we possibly end up in a smaller dining room instead of the formal rooms?

Iamthesea,

Not to worry, on the Coral there are two main dining rooms, the Provence and the Bordeaux. On our cruise the Provence was the Traditional Dining Room while the Bordeaux was the Anytime Dining Room. They are pretty much identical.

Sabatini Trattoria and the Bayou Cafe are the speciality, alternative (ie.additional fee)venues on the Coral.

Do we know if these changes are on the Sapphire also?? Have read the Diamond thread...needless to say...I will be a little disappointed!

DEB

Just returned from Alaska on the Sapphire and we were not offered any special menus in any of the themed dining rooms. The entire ship had the same menu except for Sabbitinis and Horizon Court. We were a little disappointed but didn't let it spoil our trip.

Any theories as to why they changed the specialty menus to all the same menus throughout the ship? Everyone seemed so pleased with the way it was.

They may have been pleased with the food, but there were all sorts of issues with being able to get tables in the more popular of the specialty restaurants.

We will miss the speciality menus. :( Really enjoyed trying the different dining rooms and having the variety of menus. I am really hoping they change back before our August cruise on the Diamond. Hope Princess reads these boards! :rolleyes:

The menus were the same in all 3 dining rooms aboard The Golden when we cruised in Oct 2004. It didn't matter which PC dining room we went to (there were 2) since the menu was the same. Was it different on other ships?

Only the Sapphire and the Diamond had the 4 themed PC rooms, plus one larger Traditional room. Seems that was just too many options, and never did work as smoothly as the other Grand class ships, with 3 larger rooms (2 PC, 1 Traditional)

We were on the Star in April and the menus were identical in the traditional and PC dining rooms. And all these dining rooms are not "specialty" sized. Don't know about Sabatini's and the other specialty restaurant. We didn't go to either.

I was on the Diamond for the May 14 cruise to Alaska and they put me in the Vavladi dining room..I had this cruise booked for 7 months and was confirmed on the Personalizer with Ist seating traditional..So, why they put me here, I have no clue..but the service and the food were ok..Not great..but nothing to complain about..The same menus were posted for all the restaurants..I looked..

Archived