Golden (and Caribbean) Princess Window Suite Photos

IECalCruiser

Judy, I have to completely agree with you regarding the suite breakfast. I took full advantage of breakfast there. I had an omlet, crispy bacon, chocolate donut and freshly squeezed orange juice every mornning.

The staff at Sabatini's work together so very well. So many for so few of us. I asked the supervisor if I could possible have a crab avocado omelette one morning. Sure enough, he found the crab (real with a small bit of shell to prove it) and it was absolutely delicious.

Looking forward to the few mornings on a 3 night cruise times 3 voyages.

Looking forward to the few mornings on a 3 night cruise times 3 voyages.

can I ask you what voyages you put together?

The week day voyages are cheaper than the weekend cruises. I have one booked for September (Vancouver to LA transit), one in October, one in November, and may try to book one in December (this one is dependent on another trip I am planning). Do you need specific date? All of these are booked in a Window Suite for more Captain Circle credits. I will be "Elite" sooner than later.

Edited by cr8tiv1

Thank you. Yes I would love some Specific dates. I enjoy these extremely short cruises.

can I ask you what voyages you put together?

The week day voyages are cheaper than the weekend cruises. I have one booked for September (Vancouver to LA transit), one in October, one in November, and may try to book one in December (this one is dependent on another trip I am planning). Do you need specific date? All of these are booked in a Window Suite for more Captain Circle credits. I will be "Elite" sooner than later.

The staff at Sabatini's work together so very well. So many for so few of us. I asked the supervisor if I could possible have a crab avocado omelette one morning.

Sabatini's for breakfast has been a real gem for us since its institution.

I have never had a problem substituting a bloody mary for the mimosa at breakfast either.

We will board the Golden a week from tomorrow.:D

Mike:)

Sabatini's for breakfast has been a real gem for us since its institution.

I have never had a problem substituting a bloody mary for the mimosa at breakfast either.

We will board the Golden a week from tomorrow.:D

Enjoy your cruise on the Golden. If you are in a suite and breakfast at Sabatini's, please let me know who is on the wait staff. Martin and his wife Clara left the ship after our February cruise. I am wondering if Prashant, Jhon, and Marko are still there. I know that they rotate out after a certain amount of months. Just wondering.

Renee

We are booked in a balcony on the Caribbean - Jan 18 sailing - but I sure loved the pictures of the WS - are these rooms cheaper than the balcony or more? Plus one other question, how does booking a suite help you get to elite status quicker? We are currently at platinum status. Thanks for your help! :)

We are booked in a balcony on the Caribbean - Jan 18 sailing - but I sure loved the pictures of the WS - are these rooms cheaper than the balcony or more? Plus one other question, how does booking a suite help you get to elite status quicker? We are currently at platinum status. Thanks for your help! :)

The WS suites are fared between mini suites and regular suites. Usually at the mini suite level, so yes, quite a bit more than balconies. Booking those will give you 2 cruise credits instead of one, this would be getting you to elite a little faster.

Edited by Working 2 Cruise

Pricing are all over the place on WS. Sometimes they are almost 90% of the cost of a Vista Suite (S6?), sometimes they are the cost of a mini-suite or in September of 2012 in Alaska they were less than the launch price of an oceanview. Prices were $1,229, $949 and $869 for the last three cruises. That was very unusually low pricing :D

Elite status requires 150 cruise days or 15 cruise credits. You get one cruise credit for most cruises, but you get two cruise credits if you are a solo traveller paying the solo supplement or if you are paying full price for a suite (upgrades and upsells don't count). You get three cruise credits if you are a solo traveller paying full price for a suite.

Above poster is probably right... WS fares are all over the place. We sailed on the Golden last year to Alaska in a window suite. It was priced about the same as a balcony that had cabins above it and below it as that is what I was looking for.

Our WS cruise to NE/Canada next month had it priced near the top of a balcony cabin. In my notes it was just $5 less than a B1 (Caribe balcony mid deck). This was pricing from a year ago as we booked far in advance. Sales may have occurred but not for WS so comparisons may have changed. I never checked out mini suites.

When I booked two coastal cruises in a window suite, the fare was about the same as the top mini-suite. However, mini-suite prices have been on sale for a lot less and window suite prices have not gone down.

I don't believe Princess knew what to do with the window suites when they first came out. You have to actually click on Suite on their website to see the prices, so you won't find them unless you are looking for them. I suspect it is our own fault on Cruise Critic that the prices are no longer so good - we've told people how nice these window suites are.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any noise from the promenade deck above these cabins?

We are thinking of switching from our mini-suite (D504) to one of these for our Jan 2015 South American cruise.

Saves money and we get all of those great amenities!

Thanks.

Pat

Is there any noise from the promenade deck above these cabins?

We are thinking of switching from our mini-suite (D504) to one of these for our Jan 2015 South American cruise.

Saves money and we get all of those great amenities!

Thanks.

Pat

We were in a WS for fourteen days and never noticed any noise from above.

There WAS noise on our WS on the GRAND PRINCESS. It was from the promenade deck above. There were signs posted on the promenade deck stating that jogging was not allowed during certain hours, however, some joggers ignored them. We called the front desk on two consecutive mornings to have them send someone up to ask them to stop...which they did. We were sent an apology letter and received a nice (un-asked for) credit. We also heard some pretty loud noises when the stabilizers were used. NONE of these problems would stop me from booking one of these suites again. In all honesty, thinking back, I think we enjoyed this room more than the aft facing Vista suite we had on the SAPPHIRE PRINCESS.

Edited by DCT61

What is the "Right price" for a WS suite? is it dependant on region? popularity of a specific sail date? timing?

Anyone have great stories about buying a WS suite?

Window Suite pricing varies by itinerary. I have seen the prices as high as 85-90% of the price of a Vista Suite. A more typical price is around the price of a mini-suite. On the three September Alaskan cruises on the Golden, launch pricing for the WS was cheaper than for an Oceanview! Obviously there were some sales on other categories, but still very good pricing.

The September 1, 2012 cruise was $1,239/person, the September 8, 2012 cruise was $959/person and I believe the September 15, 2012 cruise was $869. The September 15 cruise was sold out but we did a B2B on the September 1 and September 8 cruises. The cheapest I saw for Alaska for a WS for 2013 was about $1,519. When launch prices are released you need to check out each cruise on the Grand, Golden and Caribean to see if there are any good deals.

For the September 13, 2014 Alaska cruise, cheapest balcony is $1,498, mini-suite is $1,698, WS is $1,769 and Vista Suite is $2,499 which is sort of typical. For the 10 day March 5, 2014 Mexico cruise, cheapest balcony is $1,599, mini-suite is $1,999, WS is $2,249 and Vista Suite is $3,399. Although the WS price is now $2,249, we booked one last year for $1,949 so the price has increased $300 since last year. Supply and demand - the secret is out :eek:

Thanks for the advice--we have decided to give up our mini for WS--and saving $500 too!

Congratulations for making the leap of faith. I have several cruises booked in a Window Suite and am really looking forward to my experience. I think the biggest perk is the suite benefits. If you can live without a balcony, then this is ideal. I have to thank my former table mates for introducing me to this category.

Congratulations for making the leap of faith. I have several cruises booked in a Window Suite and am really looking forward to my experience. I think the biggest perk is the suite benefits. If you can live without a balcony, then this is ideal. I have to thank my former table mates for introducing me to this category.

I thought I asked you to stop telling people how good window suites are.:mad: Now that everyone else knows about them, I won't be able to afford another one.:( Please keep quiet, and maybe the prices will go back down to where they used to be.

Enjoy your cruise on the Golden. If you are in a suite and breakfast at Sabatini's, please let me know who is on the wait staff. Martin and his wife Clara left the ship after our February cruise. I am wondering if Prashant, Jhon, and Marko are still there. I know that they rotate out after a certain amount of months. Just wondering.

Renee

Renee, our Sabatini's staff last week consisted of Edgar the manager, and waiters Henry, Rico, Oscar, and Woytek from Mexico, Philipines, Mexico, India, and Poland respectively.

I cannot begin to tell you how great these guys are. We have taken breakfast at Sabatini's since the beginning of the program and never encountered a better staff.

The service was impeccable and they all worked together like they were a family.

If anyone is cruising on The Golden in a suite make sure that you avail yourselves of the opportunity to go to breakfast at Sabtini's.