Dinner Dinner?

debt

Is it possible to eat at a specialty restaurant early in the evening, then hit up one of the main dining rooms for another dinner? I'm thinking of trying a specialty restaurant the first night to get the free bottle of wine, but don't want to miss the lobster that seems to appear the first night. Am I going for gluttony too early in the cruise? :rolleyes:

Is it possible to eat at a specialty restaurant early in the evening, then hit up one of the main dining rooms for another dinner? I'm thinking of trying a specialty restaurant the first night to get the free bottle of wine, but don't want to miss the lobster that seems to appear the first night. Am I going for gluttony too early in the cruise? :rolleyes:

That's exactly what I did on my cruise on the Jewel last month. Had an early dinner at Mama's Kitchen. Then, went to the MDR around 9pm for the lobster. Definitely a workable strategy if that's to your liking.

Yes, you can!

When we were on the Star in July you got a free bottle of wine any night you went to the specialty dining rooms as long as your reservation was at 6pm or earlier.

I hope it hasn't changed.

Bill

yes, you can, but what is this free bottle of wine everyone is talking about?

yes, you can, but what is this free bottle of wine everyone is talking about?

There's a coupon on ncl's facebook page for a bottle of wine at a specialty restaurant. I recall it was for the first night only.

Also, some ships have been promoting a free bottle of white or red wine when you dine at a specialty restaurant before 6 p.m. You have to pay for two adult cover charges. The bottle is the house Chardonnay or Merlot. Tisdale. Retails for $4.99 a bottle. It runs either $24 or $28 on NCL's list.

Also, some ships have been promoting a free bottle of white or red wine when you dine at a specialty restaurant before 6 p.m. You have to pay for two adult cover charges. The bottle is the house Chardonnay or Merlot. Tisdale. Retails for $4.99 a bottle. It runs either $24 or $28 on NCL's list.

So if you're solo on the ship, you have to pay for the wine anyway. :(

So if you're solo on the ship, you have to pay for the wine anyway. :(

I think someone posted a few months back that because they were solo, they ate at two different specialty restaurants on two different nights and after a discussion with the restaurant manager were given the wine.

There's a coupon on ncl's facebook page for a bottle of wine at a specialty restaurant. I recall it was for the first night only.

We didn't need a coupon when we cruised.

In fact we were not even aware of the free wine they just brought it over to our table And gave it to us.

They asked if we wanted red or white and gave us one free bottle for every to paying customers.

We are not even wine drinkers LOL.

Bill

We have done this several times in the past - with no problems! EXCEPT - we are very chatty and friendly with the crew - and since we have cruised 16 times with NCL, we often know some crew members, and my partner is Filipino, so we have a lot of Filipino crew friends - so it is kind of hard to be incognito (just because it feels embarrassing to have dinner at 5:30 and then be seen having dinner AGAIN at 9!).

One of our funniest memories was on the Norwegian Sky - where we only knew 1 server. It was lobster night and we had a full (MULTIPLE LOBSTER ENTREES - :D) dinner early in the casual MDR - then after the show, went to the other more formal MDR and proceeded to order as if it was our first meal of the evening. We were getting along wonderfully with our (Filipino) waiter - never letting on that we ate a huge meal a couple hours earlier - when he brought out our double order of lobster entrees, he set them down and said with a smile "I hope these are as enjoyable as the ones you had earlier". We bust out laughing and just thanked him.

So, while we do sometimes get a little embarrassed at our gluttony, we (usually) never let it stop us!

Enjoy your DINNER, DINNER!

We have done this several times in the past - with no problems! EXCEPT - we are very chatty and friendly with the crew - and since we have cruised 16 times with NCL, we often know some crew members, and my partner is Filipino, so we have a lot of Filipino crew friends - so it is kind of hard to be incognito (just because it feels embarrassing to have dinner at 5:30 and then be seen having dinner AGAIN at 9!).

One of our funniest memories was on the Norwegian Sky - where we only knew 1 server. It was lobster night and we had a full (MULTIPLE LOBSTER ENTREES - :D) dinner early in the casual MDR - then after the show, went to the other more formal MDR and proceeded to order as if it was our first meal of the evening. We were getting along wonderfully with our (Filipino) waiter - never letting on that we ate a huge meal a couple hours earlier - when he brought out our double order of lobster entrees, he set them down and said with a smile "I hope these are as enjoyable as the ones you had earlier". We bust out laughing and just thanked him.

So, while we do sometimes get a little embarrassed at our gluttony, we (usually) never let it stop us!

Enjoy your DINNER, DINNER!

Wow, it's awesome to see so many other gluttonites. A vacation wouldn't be complete if I didn't embarass myself somehow. Can't think of a better way then over lobster.

sounds about like a restaurant, huge markup,but most of us who cruise expect this..

The lobster on NCL is nothing to crow about:eek:.

I know you don't get to pick your own from a tank, but my imagination is strong enough to turn a crayfish with a gland problem into something special. :D

I know you don't get to pick your own from a tank, but my imagination is strong enough to turn a crayfish with a gland problem into something special. :D

LOL!

Lots of recent reviews are stating that the lobster is not the warm Caribbean tail anymore but a real lobster tail.

That would be an improvement for sure and it is good to know!

Archived