Can I get an Amen

seabreeze78

Or as we say in Chicago, "Church!"

I'm very thankful to be able to cruise. I don't get to do it as often as I like, but I try to make each one the best vacation I can.

I'm also thankful for finding cruise critic. You may not agree with everyone on here, but most people are truly friendly and helpful.

Hi Sharon (islandgirlejfan).

Or as we say in Chicago, "Church!"

I'm very thankful to be able to cruise. I don't get to do it as often as I like, but I try to make each one the best vacation I can.

I'm also thankful for finding cruise critic. You may not agree with everyone on here, but most people are truly friendly and helpful.

Hi Sharon (islandgirlejfan).

Hey girlfriend! I don't think I realized you booked Celebrity! You are going to love it! :)

Don't let that flight bother you Deb....it will be so worth it. I was blessed to live in Europe for a number of years and just love it there! The architecture and history are nothing short of amazing. I'm hoping someday to cruise to the places I did not get to! :)

And Hawaii....OMGosh, blessed to go with my hubby on business. It remains to this day one of my favorite places! I love the Caribbean, but there is just something different about Hawaii. You are going to love it!:D

Thank you, I am very excited and will just think happy thoughts while flying. The flight is booked and seats are picked so there is no turning back now!

I'm still trying to figure out how to work my way back over to Celebrity! :(

After doing the Celebrity Mercury in Dec. 2010 and a B2B on Celebrity Millennium in Dec. 2011 this December I did a B2B on Allure of the Seas and Ruby Princess and I already have a cruised booked on the new Royal Princess in December 2013. I'm not sure why I can't find my way back to a Celebrity ship as much as I want to! :cool:

Guess I better be glad I'm able to cruise at all. Maybe in 2014 I'll figure out a way to book a 7-night out of Miami or Fort Lauderdale depending on which Solstice-class is sailing from southern Florida.

One of the days...I'll make it back somehow.

A boy can dream can't he? :D

Taking care of our fur babies is indeed a big consideration for travel!

DH and I have six rescued cats and one rescued Boykin Spaniel. The trick is to find a single female who either has a roommate / or lives at home who would LOVE to come and stay in your home for a nominal fee, cable TV, stocked fridge with food/drinks, and a comfortable bed! We've been lucky enough to have 3 sitters from the same family - they feel like it's a right of passage to come to our "fur home"! Randi says even our dog has his own "sleep number" cause she lets him sleep with her when she's sitting!!

My problem is 2 fold. 1 is that she's a diabetic (my cat) and the other is that she HATES anyone but me LOL. My mom comes and stays here with her, and gives her the shots, but she never really allows my mom to get too close except for feeding LOL. I don't know why, she just likes 1 human, and that human, is me. The rest can go bite it for all she cares. :-)

Amen!!!! Even if something happens and I am never able to go on a cruise again, I am so thankful for what we have been able to do. We are fortunate to cruise as often as we do. And you know what? I still look forward to each one as if it were my first! I still love the anticipation leading up to the cruise, the thrill of seeing the cruise ship as we drive towards it at the port, and the excitement as we drift away from the dock!

We have never had a bad cruise!!! :)

That is a happy dilemma...be thankful Many can't :D

Believe me, I know. THIS happened Jan. 4, 2012. The first police to show up asked me what happened to the driver, sure he had been killed. I said as I was standing next to him 'I was the driver' and his mouth hit the pavement. It took more than half the year to recover physically, and it drove me to near financial ruin. And none it was my fault. I was lucky to have escaped being physically marred for life and left in the poorhouse. My twice broken arm won't ever be the same and my knees (have nerve damage) still bother me at times even now. So I try and make the most of what time I do have left before the next hammer falls. So yes, I am thankful to have that dilemma knowing I could be in a far worse place. Like six feet under. ;)

Sadly, we had to cancel our B2B cruise planed for January, due to the serious illness of our friend and traveling companion. She and her DH have joined me and my DH in cruising for over 20 yrs. We are grateful for all the wonderful trips we have taken and the unforgetable memories we have made. We are hoping we can get back to cruising at some point, though it will never be the same without her.

Amen

DebandBruce have a grat trip...wirite a great review and God watch over you ;)

I will write a review for sure. And thank you for the blessing!

Write a bad review and God will smite you? LOL

Don't worry it will be a great review. If the staff is only half as attentive and the food only half as good as the last time we were on the Silhouette it will be a fantastic trip!

I also feel very fortunate to be able to cruise, I have 2 coming up as well. Both these cruises are very exciting because they are firsts for me and help me scratch some places off my bucket list. April is our cruise to the Med on the Silhouette, ticking Italy and Greece off my list on that one. I have never been to Europe and am a little nervous of the flight but can't let that stop me.

Next cruise is September on the Solstice from Ensenada to Hawaii, number one on my bucket list. I have dreamed of Hawaii for years, DH promised we would go for our 25th anniversary. I can't think of a better holiday, not only do I finally get to see the beauty of Hawaii but I get to do it on an amazing cruise ship! Life is very good and I am truly blessed!!!

Hey, Deb. Ya'll are following Danny and me on the bucket list! We were On the Eclipse together in 2011, you may remember. We did the Med in Sept., 2011 and just got back from a 15 night Hawaii cruise out of San Diego. Two very different cruises, both wonderful. One non-stop rushing around and the other very relaxing. Have a great time on both! And try to sleep on the flight to Europe. Maybe a little Benedryl would help!

AMEN!!! (from a chaplain)......

We are SO fortunate to be able to cruise. Although we only did one this year, it was the best yet!! (LOVE Alaska cruises!) Last year, we actually did 4 cruises! And next year (2013) we have two booked already! (Less than a week to the first!!) Our first time on Celebrity, looking forward to a new eXperience! :D

Believe me, I know. THIS happened Jan. 4, 2012. The first police to show up asked me what happened to the driver, sure he had been killed. I said as I was standing next to him 'I was the driver' and his mouth hit the pavement. It took more than half the year to recover physically, and it drove me to near financial ruin. And none it was my fault. I was lucky to have escaped being physically marred for life and left in the poorhouse. My twice broken arm won't ever be the same and my knees (have nerve damage) still bother me at times even now. So I try and make the most of what time I do have left before the next hammer falls. So yes, I am thankful to have that dilemma knowing I could be in a far worse place. Like six feet under. ;)

Well I feel glad that your still around and still able to cruise. I hope you have many more trips ahead in your fture. Thank God you survived:)

Well I feel glad that your still around and still able to cruise. I hope you have many more trips ahead in your fture. Thank God you survived:)

THANK YOU! My cat survived as well. I was taking him to the vet and he was riding in a pet carrier in the passenger side front seat. The deployment of the air bag literally destroyed the pet carrier and ejected kitty from the car. After I was released from the Emergency Room five hours later I joined the newly formed search team (my roommate, his girlfriend and son, and several other friends) looking for my cat. I went off in the direction I was told he had bolted off to and as soon as I called his name he cried out, hiding under a generator next to building. From that day forward he has always slept by my side. :D

You won't find me complaining! I LOVE cruising. It's my favorite way to vacation. I took my first cruise when I was 18 and thought I'd never be able to afford it again. But thanks to frugal living and a good job, I'm able to cruise every year. Only once a year, but I make it count! I ususally take a 2 week cruise. I could break that up into two 1 week cruises, but there is something so wonderful about being on a ship for 2 whole weeks....sigh....:) Only 95 days until I get to go again!

Not only do I get to cruise for 1 week in Alaska of all places (and mark off a bucket list item), but I also get to do a 1 week DIY land tour. DH and I have NEVER taken 2 consecutive weeks of vacation in our almost 28 years of marriage!

We don't get to cruise often (mainly because I have expensive taste and DH spoiled me by getting a suite for our 20th anniversary cruise - haven't sailed in anything less since), but I feel so blessed when we do get to go.

My youngest DS has actually requested a Med cruise for his pre-graduation present in 2017!!!! I've only got 4 years to plan!!! LOL:D

Amen! When I was growing up, never in a million years would I have dreamed that I would sail on these beautiful ships. I've been blessed to have completed more than 30 cruises with 4 more scheduled for 2013 and 3 more in 2014. Happy and Healthy New Year to all and may many cruises be in your future.:)

Archived