New Celebrity Promotion (1, 2, 3 Go !) Returns March 15, 2013

Andy

Hello...We are already booked in an Aqua Class cabin on the Reflection next November 16th. Our final payment isn't due for another month.

With this in mind, our travel agent contacted Celebrity about the possibility of us being able to take advantage of the new promo offer.

We already had a $75 on board credit coming from a group booking. Then, we were indeed allowed to take advantage of the new promotion. The price of our AQ cabin was the same as when we originally booked, so we kept the same cabin, and the price remained the same. And, we were able to get the $200 additional onboard credit for a total of $275.00 onboard credit.

What a great promotion, and, we were so happy we were able to take advantage of this, even though we weren't sure if we could.

I Just booked this cruise yesterday on group pricing. :) but got free gratuities from the TA. Plus a drink package from Celebrity, how can I go wrong. :D

Everyone better check their reservations. I have been waiting for our beverage packages to be posted to our reservation. I just checked our reservation and found that the amount we owe increased by $704 due to $352 apiece in 'other charges' with no explanation.

Sounds like they charged us $44 x 8 days for beverage packages rather than adding them for free!

Not looking forward waiting on hold forever again trying to get this one fixed!

I just checked mine they look like my cat made them :)

One has the package in one area of the reservation but not in the cruise extras part, also I told her to upgrade us to the Premium package and I don't see it there and my price did not change

One cruise has the package but they bumped the amount I owe up by the amount the package costs.

I am going to wait a couple of weeks before I call I imagine they are pretty busy and disorganized right now.

Hi Willman,

I also had an existing booking directly through Celebrity and I received an invoice. I suppose it might be a bit different if booked through a TA.

Hmmm...I didn't book directly with Celebrity, so maybe that's why I didn't get a new invoice? My TA did send me a confirmation indicating everything in my original booking remains the same (ID number, cabin, price) and they switched out the original perks for the new beverage promotion and pre-paid gratuities.

I thought it made things very simple, but now I'm worried that I didn't get a new invoice...

Will check with Celebrity closer to sail date....site is rather wonky at present.

Edited by durberville

Latest info from someone "down under" that has booked through an American TA for the Med cruise and asked if was eligible for the 1,2,3 promotion.

It turned out that we could re-book. However our cruise fare has gone up $900 US per person since we booked on an early saver fare.

So, even with the two free Classic alco bev packages and the free tip/service charges, we would have to spend over $ 1,000 NZ more.

:cool::cool::cool:Guess the maths doesn't work for us:rolleyes:

Our TA was able to re-book us! Our Aqua room had gone up $100 pp so had to pay that. We went with option 1 and 2. Sweet deal and we kept our OBC that our TA gave us! She sent us an updated Invoice. She did not say how long it would take to reflect on our Celebrity page.

Many thanks to the CC'ers here that reported this deal and stated they were able to re-book!! THANK YOU!!!!

We have a cruise set for the end of March 2013, which we just paid in full. Called this morning, and yes, we could apply the promotion to our cruise. Our cabin was the same price as when we originally booked, and we just lost $200 OBC. The X agent was very helpful- didn't have to go through canceling and re booking. She sent me a new invoice, which I just looked at, and it has the WAV1 (beverage pkg) applied to our reservation at $0.00 for both of us. Our invoice still says paid in full. Even with the loss of the OBC, we are still ahead, since the value of the beverage pkg. is more than $900 for both of us for an 11 night cruise. Thanks, Celebrity!!

Hi Ariawoman,

You should be able to add the 123 promotion to your booking, but you would lose the $300 booking onboard OBC, and you must pay the prevailing rate. I suspect you are on a 14 night sailing. I believe it would only make sense if you wanted the drink package, and even that would depend if the price of the sailing is much higher. It's all about doing the math, and seeing what works best for you. I hope this helps !

You are 100% right as per usual Andy!

Yes, we are on the 14 night Summit to Canada/NE. We would indeed lose the 300, and while the beverage package is worth more monetarily - it didn't mean as much to us as we aren't really drinkers. So - I'll buy my usual premium non-alcohol and he'll get none as usual and we'll take our 300 and spend it on bingo LOL.

Hi everybody,

I would like to reserve a cruise via website of Celebrity.

I would like to reserve an ocean view stateroom for the Celebrity Summit, departure december 7.

If I read the conditions of the offer, it's written "Offer only available for ocean view or higher staterooms and for Cruises sold at a Fivestar or Group X price program rate"…

What does it mean? If I'm canadian, is this offer is available? If it does, how can I apply it? Will it be asked to me during the reservation process?

Thank you for your help,

Martin

Hi everybody,

I would like to reserve a cruise via website of Celebrity.

I would like to reserve an ocean view stateroom for the Celebrity Summit, departure december 7.

If I read the conditions of the offer, it's written "Offer only available for ocean view or higher staterooms and for Cruises sold at a Fivestar or Group X price program rate"…

What does it mean? If I'm canadian, is this offer is available? If it does, how can I apply it? Will it be asked to me during the reservation process?

Thank you for your help,

Martin

Hi Martin,

I'm fairly certain the 123 GO offer is open to Canadian residents. If you wish to use the website, it shouldnt be an issue, and the Five Star issue will not come up during the online booking process. With that said, I highly suggest contacting Celebrity via phone, and making the booking with a reservation agent.

I hope this helps !

Hi Everyone,

As a reminder, please do not discuss specific travel agents in your posts. It's against our Guidelines, and the entire post will be deleted.

Thanks very much !

A person could go stark raving mad trying to weave through these 1, 2, 3 posts. :D There are umpteen different scenarios, TA vs Celebrity; UK, Australia, Canada, Germany, vs. US; combining w/Open Passages; cancelling and re-booking; using with OBC, shareholder credit; down payments; upgrades, and on and on and on. I'm sure I am leaving out some issues, but I think I will just call Celebrity direct, or my TA if I need clarification or decide to book using this promotion. Usually, if I read the "fine print", 90% of my questions are answered. Celebrity will "gum up the works" time and time again, but somehow it always gets straightened out in the end. :eek: Happy cruising everyone!

YEAH! We had booked a 14 night cruise with the December Gift Card program, but the 1,2,3 GO deal was better for us.... we've been waiting for the Gift Card deposit to post to our reservation (the bonus discount had posted, but NOT the deposit!) and final got it handled thru our TA yesterday and then successfully converted it to the 123go deal! The 123go trumped the gift card so we lost the bonus, but are about $900 ahead I think!

MUST only be allowable in USA!!!

Work this one out, I had an email yesterday informing me of the 123 promotion from Celebrity. I will use that information when I enquire re our TA in Oct.

I wonder what Celebrity UK's answer to that will be?

Perhaps they post the bev package to your res but will credit that amount once you get on board or in final invoice.

I was told on another promo (not this one) that they price of the perk would show on my invoivce for up to 5 days and then I should see the credit. It was true it did show as an addition but it only took 3 days to see the credit. :)

For our recent Equinox TransAtlantic, we were able to get this $300 teacher's discount in the early fall, in addition to, being able to get a military discount. It allowed us to move from a C2 to an Aqua A1 and save about $400 overall. It helped finance our premium drink package that we now view as an essential element of all future TA crossings.

We enjoyed the TA so much that we've booked it again for the Silhouette this fall and we're now sorting out with our agent how best to convert our onboard booking to take advantage of the 123 promo.

Yesterday, I called Celebrity direct to swap the $200 OBC for a 2014 Australian/NZ cruise to the drink package. No problem as the rate was still the same and no rebooking so our $200 deposit is intact without the need to put down the full $900 deposit. I did this because of the reports on this thread of different X agents applying the policies differently. So thank you to all of you who have shared your experience in converting existing reservation for this promo. It sure helped us!

Hopefully, my agent will achieve equal results for the Silhouette cruise.

K

Our TA called X and they let us in on the 123 promo even though our final payment was 11/26/12 and we sail on 2/9/13!!! We will lose our $150 obc but the 2 classic drink packages are so worth it! The cabin price has recently gone down below what we paid so will not have to pay anything more! :)

Karen

We are booked for the 12-1-13 Transatlantic Sailing on the Silhouette, in a Veranda Cabin. Yesterday I called my TA and had her cancel and rebook our trip to take advantage of the 123 Program. We got the drink package and prepaid gratuities, we also took advantage of bumping up to an Aqua Class Cabin, great promotion!

We are booked for the 12-1-13 Transatlantic Sailing on the Silhouette, in a Veranda Cabin. Yesterday I called my TA and had her cancel and rebook our trip to take advantage of the 123 Program. We got the drink package and prepaid gratuities, we also took advantage of bumping up to an Aqua Class Cabin, great promotion!

Did you get both the drinks and free gratuities from X or just the drinks with the free gatuities coming from your agent?

Either way it's a great deal.

K

Hi Missminnie,

Can you post your reply from Celebrity if/when you get one, I went through the small prints too and could not see anywhere bookings only for USA.

Thanks

Hey

I haven't received a response from either the lady I was advised to contact in respect of complaints or Celebrity direct! I will be chasing them shortly if not and like Gordon says, will be moving to Princess come 2014 as we've always wanted to try them but chose Celebrity due to price and itineraries!

I apologize if this question has been asked and answered but this post has gotten so big that it's difficult to reat through every post and my searches haven't turned up anything...

I was able to add the beverage package to our existing reservation on the Equinox in March. However, when i look at our reservation in "My Celebrity" I don't see the beverage package listed anywhere. For those of you who have added the beverage package to existing reservations, is the beverage package showing up when you view your reservation in My Celebrity? If so, where do you see it? Also, it seems that the Celebrity website is down so maybe that was the problem...

Thanks!

Ryan

I apologize if this question has been asked and answered but this post has gotten so big that it's difficult to reat through every post and my searches haven't turned up anything...

I was able to add the beverage package to our existing reservation on the Equinox in March. However, when i look at our reservation in "My Celebrity" I don't see the beverage package listed anywhere. For those of you who have added the beverage package to existing reservations, is the beverage package showing up when you view your reservation in My Celebrity? If so, where do you see it? Also, it seems that the Celebrity website is down so maybe that was the problem...

Thanks!

Ryan

They say it can take up to 7 days to show in ur account. I had our changed yesterday and its still not showing.

Edited by flames9