New Celebrity Promotion (1, 2, 3 Go !) Returns March 15, 2013

Andy

You need a US address to be able to book through a US Travel Agent.

As stated before there is an on- line Travel Agent who was still advertising 'All inclusive' Celebrity packages, stating that the Classic Drinks Package was included, I think to the end of January. I am not allowed, by the rules of this site, to name the TA.

Sorry.

You do NOT need a US address to book w/ a US travel agent. I have an amazing US TA and I live in Canada. The only hitch (if you can call it that), is that everything is in USD. However since CAD is higher than USD I come out ahead!

I just booked our next one, and I am so excited. 15 nights is a $760/pp value on the drinks package. Even though my wife only would normally get the soda package, the value I get out of this exceeds the $300 that I was going to originally get from my Passages certificate. I didn't like putting down a $900 deposit instead of the $200 I already have down, but that's okay, I'll live.

FYI, I just got off the phone with Celebrity and was told the following regarding upgrading the classic package to premium....

• If you booked through a TA you must upgrade through the TA (I had called them to upgrade and was told I have to request through TA that I booked with)
  • Upgrade requests must be made by 01/27/13
  • When I asked if I could wait to upgrade until I was on board I was told no I needed to make request before 01/27/13...

Not to complicate things but my TA said I could upgrade on board (so I can use OBC). Also the locked thread from celebrity regarding this promotion indicates you can add premium to your account per-cruise and just not pay the subsequent invoice that is generated. Once on the ship the upgrade will be posted to your onboard account.

Not to complicate things but my TA said I could upgrade on board (so I can use OBC). Also the locked thread from celebrity regarding this promotion indicates you can add premium to your account per-cruise and just not pay the subsequent invoice that is generated. Once on the ship the upgrade will be posted to your onboard account.

It does say you can pay it onboard, but it doesn't say you can upgrade onboard. It still refers to saying you want to upgrade during the promotion.

My final payment date was one week ago, last Saturday, for our March 23 Summit cruise. I had an inside booked, so my TA called and for $300, we upgraded to Oceanview. I got 2 packages for $300 upgrade fee. 2 packages would've been $700, so we saved $400 and got an upgrade!! I'll probably upgrade one to Premium once we get onboard. And I'll use OBC to do it, so it's win/win/win!!!

Anyone actually see this on their reservation yet ? Just wondering when it will show up.

When I called yesterday I had them email me a new invoice, and it shows WAV1-WAVE BEV & WAV7-PREM BEV and nothing was added to my balance. I thought I had to pay an additional 10+ dollars a day to upgrade the one, but they never asked for my credit card nor is there a charge on my bill/statement.

When I called yesterday I had them email me a new invoice, and it shows WAV1-WAVE BEV & WAV7-PREM BEV and nothing was added to my balance. I thought I had to pay an additional 10+ dollars a day to upgrade the one, but they never asked for my credit card nor is there a charge on my bill/statement.

Thanks for the info. we don't sail till March, so if I don't see it by mid-Feb I will do what you did ask for a invoice.

Thanks again.

I was told that we would be emailed an invoice in about 10-14 days with he balance due for the upgrade.

We're in Canada, and we too have always booked our cruises through a major online US travel agency.

You do NOT need a US address to book w/ a US travel agent. I have an amazing US TA and I live in Canada. The only hitch (if you can call it that), is that everything is in USD. However since CAD is higher than USD I come out ahead!

Our TA was told that we won't pay the upcharge for the premium package until we make final payment.

Celebrity told me the same thing --- pay with final payment and it will take several weeks for the account to be updated online.

My invoice, which I got almost as soon as I hung up, also says "WAV7-PREM BEV"

Edited by tommac180

Hi Everyone,

I've noticed several comments about the premium beverage package upgrade. To confirm, both guests on the booking must purchase the premium upgrade, should you choose that option.

Also, many are asking if they can upgrade to the premium package once onboard. I'm not certain if this will be possible... but here's why I feel it's best NOT to wait beyond the 27th. The $11.50 per person, per day upgrade price ($10.00 + $1.50 in gratuities) is part of this promotion, so I would take into consideration, there being no guarantee the price will remain at $11.50 per person per day, after the promotion ends on 1/27. Please note, I'm not basing this on fact. It seems logical to me, and I do not believe that anyone has mentioned this possibility.

IMO, if the premium upgrade is important to you, I'd consider making this decision before the promotion ends. I hope this suggestion is helpful !

Hi Everyone,

I've noticed several comments about the premium beverage package upgrade. To confirm, both guests on the booking must purchase the premium upgrade, should you choose that option.

Also, many are asking if they can upgrade to the premium package once onboard. I'm not certain if this will be possible... but here's why I feel it's best NOT to wait beyond the 27th. The $11.50 per person, per day upgrade price ($10.00 + $1.50 in gratuities) is part of this promotion, so I would take into consideration, there being no guarantee the price will remain at $11.50 per person per day, after the promotion ends on 1/27. Please note, I'm not basing this on fact. It seems logical to me, and I do not believe that anyone has mentioned this possibility.

IMO, if the premium upgrade is important to you, I'd consider making this decision before the promotion ends. I hope this suggestion is helpful !

Andy

I'm not sure where to ask this so I'm going to the resident expert.

We are due to sail on the Solstice Feb. 15. Someone on our roll call said if there were staterooms in our category still available we could add this promotion to an existing (and paid for!) reservation.

I just checked and there is availability in our category.

Is that true????

Andy

We are due to sail on the Solstice Feb. 15. Someone on our roll call said if there were staterooms in our category still available we could add this promotion to an existing (and paid for!) reservation.

Is that true????

Karen, it can't hurt to ask. I would call either your TA or Celebrity (whoever you booked with) and request it. I would think you would be successful.

Karen, it can't hurt to ask. I would call either your TA or Celebrity (whoever you booked with) and request it. I would think you would be successful.

I just emailed the TA. There was only one cabin available so I hope it's still there tomorrow when she gets the email. I may call Celebrity tonight.

Celebrity is closed till tomorrow morning also. :(

Edited by chamima

Andy

Is that true????

Hi Karen,

Thanks for your compliment. We've seen a number of reports of folks having success. The important thing to keep in mind, is that you will have to pay the prevailing rate, and you would forfeit any other Celebrity promotions you might have.

If the above works for you, I'd certainly call and request the promotion. As many of us have stated, it never hurts to ask. Please let us know what happens. Good Luck !

I just emailed the TA. There was only one cabin available so I hope it's still there tomorrow when she gets the email. I may call Celebrity tonight.

Celebrity is closed till tomorrow morning also. :(

Hi Karen,

Just a quick comment. As you've booked with a TA, the only person who can make the request/change to your booking, is your TA. I hope you will post again tomorrow.

Host Andy - Not true, when I called I was told yes that you can ugrade just one, and my invoice shows WAV1-WAVE BEV and the other is WAV7-PREM BEV.

We are Elite and we did book one of the PH suites, but I'm pretty sure that has nothing to do with it. So I would surley ask when calling! It can never hurt to ask, what is the worse that can happen, they say NO?

Edited by DiamondSuiteCruiser

I'm a bit confused. I booked a cruise today for April 2014, a re-positioning cruise from Hawaii to Mexico. The online agent I booked through displays information about OBC, but indicates that the included Beverage Package is only available for cruises in Europe.

Will we get the Beverage Package included for our Hawaii cruise?

Host Andy - Not true, when I called I was told yes that you can ugrade just one, and my invoice shows WAV1-WAVE BEV and the other is WAV7-PREM BEV.

We are Elite and we did book one of the PH suites, but I'm pretty sure that has nothing to do with it. So I would surley ask when calling! It can never hurt to ask, what is the worse that can happen, they say NO?

I definitely agree about asking - the worst they can do is say no.... though I wonder if you being in a PH made them more willing to say yes.

Our European cruise has no availability in any veranda cabin categories so I can't add the 123 and pay the rate of the day. My question is has anyone had success getting the 123 promotion added to a booking if they downgrade a category.

There are some excellent location ocean view cabins remaining and I don't have to have a balcony to sit on - we've got so much sun in Australia at the moment that we try and avoid it at all cost...

By getting the grats & beverage package included I would save in excess of $1200 if I downgraded. By the way I always intened to buy the classic beverage package regardless of this promo and still will even if I have no luck.

Anyone had any luck doing this?

Our European cruise has no availability in any veranda cabin categories so I can't add the 123 and pay the rate of the day. My question is has anyone had success getting the 123 promotion added to a booking if they downgrade a category.

There are some excellent location ocean view cabins remaining and I don't have to have a balcony to sit on - we've got so much sun in Australia at the moment that we try and avoid it at all cost...

By getting the grats & beverage package included I would save in excess of $1200 if I downgraded. By the way I always intened to buy the classic beverage package regardless of this promo and still will even if I have no luck.

Anyone had any luck doing this?

Since the promotion is for new bookings I don't see any reason why you couldn't cancel the original booking and then book an ocen view.