New Celebrity Promotion (1, 2, 3 Go !) Returns March 15, 2013

Andy

I'm going to provide answers I was given last week when I asked many of the same questions some of you are asking:

WHO QUALIFIES FOR 1-2-3 PROMOTION

US and Canadian citizens is what I was told. I specifically asked because we have friends from the UK sailing with us. The onboard rep told me that unfortunately, the Celebrity UK/European office decided NOT to participate in this promotion.

The Information you were given is Not accurate. The same Promotion is running here in Germany.

Thanks Andy,

We are sailing in 4 weeks, upgraded on Jan 7. We have our eDocs and luggage tags. I've asked for an updated invoice on several occasions and have just been told to be patient. Wait times have exceed 30 minutes and as of yet, I have nothing.

As all this was done over the phone, I really have no "proof" that it has been done (or hasn't), I am just concerned, but have resigned myself to simply trusting. Not sure what my recourse is if we show up and there is nothing on our account.

I don't really think I'm asking for much, just a quick confirmation email.....or something!

We are on the Feb 3 Silhouette & received a copy of our booking confirmation & it says Wav7-Prem Bev so I would keep asking for a copy if I were you.

Anyone heard if you can get one of the beverage packages converted to a premium non-alcohol package?

If everything offered on the premium non-alcohol package is also available on the classic alcohol package, would there be any need to have anything "converted" ?? :confused:

Thanks for this info, I was just going to ask about the ability to upgrade the package to Premium. Wish I'd thought to put the reservation on hold - I think I was charged the full deposit, instead of 50%, although I don't actually know what a full deposit would be on a PC cruise... maybe it was 50%.

Anyone heard if you can get one of the beverage packages converted to a premium non-alcohol package?

I think the Panama Canal deposit is $450 per person, $900 for 2, that might have changed.

Some other posters have reported not being able to get a Non Alcoholic package instead of the Classic. I'm pretty sure that Celebrity has number crunched their reasons why on this. I would surmise partly because the markup on many of those items is not as profitable for them as alcohol. Also people can consume more of them.

If everything offered on the premium non-alcohol package is also available on the classic alcohol package, would there be any need to have anything "converted" ?? :confused:

But it's not. Check what's available on each.

PROMOTION CAN CHANGE AT ANY TIME

The fine print states that Celebrity can change this promotion at any time. They already have. The original promotion was set to end on Jan. 27. It has been extended to Feb. 18th. Nothing else, however, has changed at this point.

Is this extension date in writing someplace? Going to book a short cruise for February, but not sure I will be booking before January 27th. An extended date would be great for the 1-2-3 GO.

Also, I have read where one can add this promo to an existing cruise. Is this really true? We have a cruised booked for May on the 12 night Silhouette. Final payment has not been made. We currently have the booking under a Celebrity promo that gave a $200 OBC. I assumed that if I could switch and book with the 1-2-3 GO and take the Classic Beverage package, that I would lose the $200 OBC? Would I lose my stateroom, also?

PROMOTION CAN CHANGE AT ANY TIME

The fine print states that Celebrity can change this promotion at any time. They already have. The original promotion was set to end on Jan. 27. It has been extended to Feb. 18th. Nothing else, however, has changed at this point.

They did also change that it is now including a 50% off deposit arrangement, whereas bookings early on under the promotion did not have that feature.

Hi Beav,

There are some differences between the classic beverage package, and the premium beverage package. It's 2 different items.

Here's the details : http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard/tabLanding.do?pagename=onboard_beverage_packages

For those who've asked why you cannot opt for the premium non-alcoholic package instead of the beverage package with sprits, I've asked the question, and was told it cannot be accomodated. I will be happy to address it again, and add it to my current list of questions.

Is this extension date in writing someplace? Going to book a short cruise for February, but not sure I will be booking before January 27th. An extended date would be great for the 1-2-3 GO.

Also, I have read where one can add this promo to an existing cruise. Is this really true? We have a cruised booked for May on the 12 night Silhouette. Final payment has not been made. We currently have the booking under a Celebrity promo that gave a $200 OBC. I assumed that if I could switch and book with the 1-2-3 GO and take the Classic Beverage package, that I would lose the $200 OBC? Would I lose my stateroom, also?

Hi Iamthesea,

I have not seen it in writing, but several members have reported it's extended until the 18th. I believe we will see something in writing shortly.

You should be able to add this to your current booking, without changing cabins. In your case, you would lose the $200 OBC. You would also be required to pay the prevailing rate, so that may or may not be an issue for you, depending upon the current price. It also must be a Five Star rate, which means it does not apply to special rates, such as resident or senior rates.

I hope this helps !

Edited by Host Andy

It isn't, though. The Premium non-alcohol package contains sparkling waters, and others like Red Bull and Vitawater, that aren't on the classic alcohol package. No biggie, hubster can drink regular water. :-)

I think the Panama Canal deposit is $450 per person, $900 for 2, that might have changed.

Some other posters have reported not being able to get a Non Alcoholic package instead of the Classic. I'm pretty sure that Celebrity has number crunched their reasons why on this. I would surmise partly because the markup on many of those items is not as profitable for them as alcohol. Also people can consume more of them.

Ah, that makes sense. I bet you're right about that. We'll make do without.

Thanks,

And we also received an email from Celebrity with another new promo : "kids (younger than 12 years) sail for free in Europe in 2013".

I haven't seen this! Do you think they would let you have the 123 Go promotion and this at the same time?

One more question, If I cancel with my TA and rebook with Celebrity, and get the 123 Go deal, then find the price gets lower before the final payment date, how likely are they to adjust the rate??

Thank you!!

which means it does not apply to special rates, such as resident or senior rates.

I believe it also does not apply to GTY rates. If you booked, say, an $899 GTY and the minimum stateroom in the guarantee category is now $1029, then the first thing you have to do is pay the $130 difference, then lose any Celebrity promotion (we had shareholder benefit applied), and then any change fee your TA imposes. That works out to about $175 each for us to stay in the same cat stateroom but to get the package. I decided I couldn't drink enough to make that worthwhile since we already get Elite drinks and will bring two bottles with us.

Edited by publicpersona

I haven't seen this! Do you think they would let you have the 123 Go promotion and this at the same time?

I don't think you can, since different promos are not combinable. It's one or the other. I'm also not sure if this "kids free" promotion is applicable for customers worldwide or not. there's no information on the flyer about that. It's an official promo from Celebrity Cruises, but send by the Belgian representative.

Thanks Host Andy! Hahaha, we would have to pay $500 more pp to take the deal on our existing reservation. When we booked our 1A, it was just over $2100, and is currently over $2700 pp :( Oh well, as publicpersona says, we are Elite and will also take our bottles of wine onboard. With the port intensive cruise to Europe, we would not have time to drink much, anyway. :D We will keep the $200 OBC.

And we also received an email from Celebrity with another new promo : "kids (younger than 12 years) sail for free in Europe in 2013".

You know' date=' this kind of upsets me. Taking a long European cruise, you really don't expect to see many children onboard. This promo will encourage parents to take their children along when they normally would not have. :eek: Now, if only my young adult children were under 12. :D

One more question, If I cancel with my TA and rebook with Celebrity, and get the 123 Go deal, then find the price gets lower before the final payment date, how likely are they to adjust the rate??

Thank you!!

Typically, Celebrity will offer to upgrade your stateroom if your fare should drop before final payment. I don't think you get a refund anymore.

Thank you!!

I'm fairly certain Celebrity wont allow the combining of the 2 promotions.

As for price adjustments, I'm not certain of the answer. I'm thinking that if the reduced rate is a Five Star Rate, there's at least a chance, but I certainly wouldn't count on it. It's on my next round of list of questions. Hopefully, we'll have some answers in a few days.

Edited by Host Andy

Hello, I am currently booked as a single and will add a second person later and I chose prepaid gratuities. Does anyone know if the gratuities will be applied to the second person later:rolleyes:

Hi Zales,

I would think you might be taking a chance, after the promotion ends. As you are paying for 2, why not add the 2nd Guest as TBA, or add the name of the person you are most likely to sail with. You can always change it before final payment. Just make sure your name is in the Guest 1 slot.

I hope this helps.

I'm fairly certain Celebrity wont allow the combining of the 2 promotions.

As for price adjustments, I'm not certain of the answer. I'm thinking that if the reduced rate is a Five Star Rate, there's at least a chance, but I certainly wouldn't count on it. It's on my next round of list of questions. Hopefully, we'll have some answers in a few days.

when I asked today while booking a cruise, the celebrity agent said 1,2,3 is NOT combinable with ANYTHING else...and it has to be a five star booking rate.

when I asked today while booking a cruise, the celebrity agent said 1,2,3 is NOT combinable with ANYTHING else...and it has to be a five star booking rate.

That's correct. Per the terms & conditions, it states the following : Limit of one Offer per stateroom.

Edited by Host Andy

I believe it also does not apply to GTY rates. If you booked, say, an $899 GTY and the minimum stateroom in the guarantee category is now $1029, then the first thing you have to do is pay the $130 difference, then lose any Celebrity promotion (we had shareholder benefit applied), and then any change fee your TA imposes. That works out to about $175 each for us to stay in the same cat stateroom but to get the package. I decided I couldn't drink enough to make that worthwhile since we already get Elite drinks and will bring two bottles with us.

Hi Publicpersona,

There's a handful of special rates this promotion does not apply to. I was only using the Senior & Resident rates as an example. Your thinking is correct, as GTY rates would not be Five Star rates, and therefore, ineligible for the 123 GO offer. I hope this helps !

Hi Zales,

I would think you might be taking a chance, after the promotion ends. As you are paying for 2, why not add the 2nd Guest as TBA, or add the name of the person you are most likely to sail with. You can always change it before final payment. Just make sure your name is in the Guest 1 slot.

I hope this helps.

Well, I have another cruise on hold at the same time, and so I did not want to put down $1800 so I did $450 on one and $450 on the other, until I decide which cruise I want to do.

...One more question, If I cancel with my TA and rebook with Celebrity, and get the 123 Go deal, then find the price gets lower before the final payment date, how likely are they to adjust the rate??...

My guess is that if the rate drops before the end of the 1-2-3 promotion you should be able to get the lower rate and retain the 123 go deal. But if you are looking to take advantage of a rate drop after the promotion ends you'll probably have to choose between the lower rate and losing the 123 go deal or sticking with the rate you're now booking at in order to retain the 123 go deal.