Tipping laundry person

zubee23

How do you tip the person that does your laundry? We put ours in the bag and it was returned to our stateroom, all folded, in a lovely basket. I wish there had been an envelope to leave a tip in for the person that did the laundry. I meant to ask but before I knew it we were disembarking. I still feel guilty! I want to be better prepared for our next cruise.

How do you tip the person that does your laundry? We put ours in the bag and it was returned to our stateroom, all folded, in a lovely basket. I wish there had been an envelope to leave a tip in for the person that did the laundry. I meant to ask but before I knew it we were disembarking. I still feel guilty! I want to be better prepared for our next cruise.

Never had a need to have my laundry done on a cruise but I doubt that I would tip if I did.

Should have clarified - laundry was a Platinum Latitudes freebie! I was so excited to get Platinum benefits I would have sent my husband's socks to get laundered for free!

If you are platinum then you are also entitled to the ship tour for free. During this tour they usually show you the laundry facility. While you are there toss some cash at the people in the facility.

The "behind the scenes" crew is part of what the DSC is about. So they, the laundry staff, should be getting a part of that. You really wouldn't have any idea of who among all the laundry staff did your laundry or would be the one person deserving of you tip. You could expand that thinking to include practically all the ship's crew, all of whom in some way provide a service to you while on the cruise.

If you are platinum then you are also entitled to the ship tour for free. During this tour they usually show you the laundry facility. While you are there toss some cash at the people in the facility.

I am so glad that I wasn't drinking a beverage when I read that. LOL

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seriously though OP, I wouldn't think too hard about it, they would be taken care of by the daily service charge. Unless you happen to personally meet someone behind the scenes that you want to give a special "thank you" to, it's not expected and I wouldn't be concerned about them thinking that you're rude for not doing it.

My husband went on the ship tour - last thing he would do is throw money at anyone!!!

I guess I'll stop worrying about this!

I think it's very strange that some people have to be rude to you when you ask about additional tip. I can't help you with your question but I think that it's very good that you want to show your appreciation to the people doing a good job with your laundry.

Do you ever tip your butler? If yes, do you toss the money on him/her or do you give it in their hand?

Must resist the temptation to make a comment about money laundering...:rolleyes:

I think it's very strange that some people have to be rude to you when you ask about additional tip. I can't help you with your question but I think that it's very good that you want to show your appreciation to the people doing a good job with your laundry.

Sverige, that poster wasn't being rude. It's just an American phrase and they were joking around.

Cheers.

Archived