RCI Oasis vs Carnival Breeze need advice

Thomasmgp

Going to go on one of those ships so posting this in both the Royal Caribbean forums and also Carnival so I can get both sides on which ship is the best. Im sure they are both equally as fun with tons of stuff to do but just wondering which one has the better nightlife and pool area? Mostly interested in nightlife. Dont care about shows or comedy just bars and dance clubs.

Going to go on one of those ships so posting this in both the Royal Caribbean forums and also Carnival so I can get both sides on which ship is the best. Im sure they are both equally as fun with tons of stuff to do but just wondering which one has the better nightlife and pool area? Mostly interested in nightlife. Dont care about shows or comedy just bars and dance clubs.

I've done both. Just got off Breeze last week. Oasis has more of a "wow" factor, especially when you first get on the ship. Breeze was more laid back and had a Caribbean feel. Bars seemed to be more compartmentalized on Breeze if that makes sense. We loved Red Frog Bar on Breeze; our favorite hangout. I felt much more busy on the Oasis and always something to do. Was bored at times on the Breeze, but in a good way.

I think Oasis had better nightlife. It always seemed hopping, especially in promenade. Breeze doesn't have any big open areas as compared to Oasis. Breeze pool area is much louder in my opinion mainly due to the huge outdoor theater screen. We loved the adults only area pool much better on Oasis as there was no pool in serenity area on Breeze, just two hot tubs.

My wife and I went back and forth all week trying to compare the two, and we really couldn't. Thought the food, especially in specialty restaurants was much better on Breeze. Two different types of cruises and we loved them both. Hope this helps somewhat.

Edited by looneyric

I don't see how anyone could compare any Carnival ship to the Oasis class. They are not even in the same class. You will not find entertainment on Carnival like the Oasis twins have. You will also not find the dining options available either. You must try the Oasis class ships to appreciate all that they offer.

I've done both. Just got off Breeze last week. Oasis has more of a "wow" factor, especially when you first get on the ship. Breeze was more laid back and had a Caribbean feel. Bars seemed to be more compartmentalized on Breeze if that makes sense. We loved Red Frog Bar on Breeze; our favorite hangout. I felt much more busy on the Oasis and always something to do. Was bored at times on the Breeze, but in a good way.

I think Oasis had better nightlife. It always seemed hopping, especially in promenade. Breeze doesn't have any big open areas as compared to Oasis. Breeze pool area is much louder in my opinion mainly due to the huge outdoor theater screen. We loved the adults only area pool much better on Oasis as there was no pool in serenity area on Breeze, just two hot tubs.

My wife and I went back and forth all week trying to compare the two, and we really couldn't. Thought the food, especially in specialty restaurants was much better on Breeze. Two different types of cruises and we loved them both. Hope this helps somewhat.

I don't see how anyone could compare any Carnival ship to the Oasis class. They are not even in the same class. You will not find entertainment on Carnival like the Oasis twins have. You will also not find the dining options available either. You must try the Oasis class ships to appreciate all that they offer.

Hmmm...I guess "anyone" is able to compare a Carnival ship to the Oasis class. And "dining options" does not equal good food, necessarily. :D

Oasis is way up in the stratosphere as far as WOW! factor and ship design.

Breeze is typical of a Carnival build. Chopped up inside, poor passenger flow in some areas, the ship feels much smaller than it really is because there are fewer large open spaces and long sightlines.

Carnival still has not figured out how to build showrooms without annoying support posts scattered throughout the venue, creating sight issues from some seats. RCL has had open showrooms without support pillars since the Vision ships.

So as you can tell, I think the RCL ships in general are much better designed than CCL ships, but even then, Oasis is on another planet compared to the rest.

That said, you can have a really nice time on Carnival, we enjoyed Dream last spring quite a bit. I will admit the CCL pool deck is nicer, the kids love the slides and the movie screen was fun at night.

Big caveat... Oasis will probably cost a lot more than Breeze. If you can get them for the same price, run to Oasis.

I don't really see how they are comparable. I mean in a sense all cruises can be compared to one another. But in all honesty, I've toured the Dream class on Carnival and sailed on both Oasis class... Oasis/Allure have far more options and opportunity to have fun in my opinion.

In all fairness, is touring a ship really a fair way to do a comparison? Did you eat several meals on the ship? Did you get to see any of the entertainment? Did you experience the service (or lack thereof)?

I'm not saying that Oasis class is or isn't better, and I'm not saying that I am qualified to judge, but I wouldn't think touring a ship really a fair comparison.

For many the Oasis and Allure are the destination. These ships offer so much, some don't care if they are going East or West. There are a few pool "options". One pool, which is a beach poo,l the water comes up to you chair. Very cool. You wont find shows onboard any ship that compare. It is really an "experience" you will not find on any other ship. :)

Edited by janetz

I focused more on OPs initial questions regarding Bars and pool, but here is my overall assessment. Yeah, the Oasis is a better ship overall, but don't sell the Breeze short. It was by far my best Carnival experience (3rd one) vs. 2 on RCCL. We went because we thought the itinerary for Southern Caribbean was great, and was it ever.

Wow factor - Oasis

Entertainment - Oasis

Crowd Control - Oasis

Price - Breeze

Itinerary - Breeze (Grand Turk, D.R., Curacao, Aruba)

Nightlife/Bars - Oasis

Food - Advantage Breeze (Steakhouse, Italian, Chef's table, Sushi much better than Oasis....although Central Park 150 on Oasis was amazing)

Try them both, you can't go wrong!

Edited by looneyric

I've cruised on both Oasis and Breeze.

If nightlife/dance clubs is what you are looking for as you stated in your post Oasis is your ship. Here is the dance clubs breakdown on both ships.

Oasis has plenty of places to dance...

Blaze Nightclub...Basic club style dance music

Dazzles...dance music and specialty evenings...(motown, 70's etc)

Bolero's....Awesome latin music

Viking Crown....Slower dance music

Jazz club....(never went in)

70's promenade dance party

Deck party

Poolside dancing to a live band

Breeze....

Liquid nightclub....starts out good for a very short time then turns into a Rap Club

Deck 5 has a good band but Nobody dances

2 Deck parties that are fun

DJ at poolside no dancing

Not much to do in the evenings on Breeze but drink, gamble or watch an audience participation show. :rolleyes:

As for bars both ships have a selection of bars.

Oasis will price out higher but worth every penny. Breeze would be better comparable to a Voyager class ship not Freedom or Oasis.

If you don't care about nightlife, music and dance then you can have a good cruise on Breeze however If you want to be on a ship that is alive after dinner with shows, music and dance then it's oasis all the way....

Thanks for all the advice I just talked with a lady @ Royal Caribbean today about setting up a cruise leaving March 9 on the Oasis. Wanted a two story suite but they only had one left and it was $8500 since I was going solo. If I booked earlier would have gotten one as I would have had time to move some money around but I dont think its still going to be available Monday when the banks open. Went with a balcony instead. Im sure it will still be a nice room but I probably wont be in it much anyways.

To Thomas MGP, I hope you enjoy Oasis as much as Hubby and I do. It is truly a fabulous ship and unlike any other out there (except its sister Allure).

My personal favorite spot on Oasis is the Jazz Club. I love to stop by there as a last thing before going back to the cabin for the night. It is so relaxing there.

Thanks for all the advice I just talked with a lady @ Royal Caribbean today about setting up a cruise leaving March 9 on the Oasis. Wanted a two story suite but they only had one left and it was $8500 since I was going solo. If I booked earlier would have gotten one as I would have had time to move some money around but I dont think its still going to be available Monday when the banks open. Went with a balcony instead. Im sure it will still be a nice room but I probably wont be in it much anyways.

Book some shows. You are right. You will not see your cabin much.

Enjoy! :D

• 2 years later...

I've been on Oasis of the Seas three times, just finishing on the Carnival Breeze. The Oasis is such a superior cruise in every possible way. Let me give you just a few reasons why, but there are really about 30.

1. Oasis better in customer service. We called front desk on Carnival 5 times during the stay. They never once answered.

2. The quality of the food on the Oasis buffet was much better-in terms of taste, quality, presentation.

3. There are only two pools on breeze and they are tiny. There is no swimming, just standing next to 45 other people in a pool made for 10.

4. The design of the Oasis is open and spacious. You never feel cramped or crowded. The exact opposite on Carnival Breeze. Less windows, less open places---lots of dark hallways.

5. We checked in at noon. Bags came to the room at 7pm--too late for dinner. On Oasis, they were there by 3pm.

6. Staff doesnt seem to care on Breeze. When we asked a question, one actually responded "I have no idea" and walked away.

7. Air conditioning in room barely enough. Always feels warm and stuffy. Exact opposite on Oasis.

That's it for now. But I can not say with more passion, Oasis is a 10X greater experience than the breeze,

Edited by NEPAcruiser2015

I was on the Dream (pretty much the same ship) in 2011, and had a good time. Went on the Oasis in 2013 and was wowed. No comparison at all. I believe everyone has to try an Oasis class ship at least once. They are really amazing.

Since your interest is mostly 'nightlife', I'd say it can be answered by your age.

Carnival tends to be an overall younger cruise, and seems to have more singles.

If you're under 35(approx) the nightlife on Carnival is most likely geared towards your liking, and you'll have more in your age group.

If you're over 35(approx) the nightlife on RCL is more subdued, and most likely more geared to your liking.

As far as pools go, both have good choices, both will be crowded, not really much of a difference in our opinion.

Whatever you choose, have a great trip.:)

As far as pools go, both have good choices, both will be crowded, not really much of a difference in our opinion.

Not much of a difference between Oasis Class and Dream Class pools? I couldn't disagree more with that one.

Been on both. Have been on oasis class 4 times (3 oasis 1 allure) and most recently the breeze. Breeze was refreshing for a few reasons:

1. MUCH better itineraries

2. Great ship feel for the Caribbean

3. Better food overall than Oasis (even comparable to coastal kitchen)

Agree you must try the oasis class at least once in you life but after a few times on it it becomes bland and the only WOW is the price for an over run itinerary. Interesting that most say you can't compare to the entertainment well I beg to differ as we have never walked out on a show on the breeze like we did on oasis twice. We now split our cruises between RC (freedom or less class) princess and carnival.

Edited by CaribSailor