Can non-Aqua Class people ever try Blu for a fee?

TorontoSailor

We would really dislike making Blu available to non-AQ passengers.

The lunch for a fee as a Blu sampler sounds perfect for those wishing for a trial run. A couple of those per 7 day cruise or 3 on a 10 or more day cruise would give ample opportunity to experience the cuisine, service and ambiance we enjoy so much.

As per those "small portions"...they're not that small if you take all the courses or have multiples as we normally do.

We no longer balk at asking for 3 entrees for the two of us. The same holds true for appetizers, salads and desserts...we did 4 desserts twice on our last Solstice cruise.

We always walk away totally sated...fork lift was only required once to assist getting us out of Blu :eek:

FYI...I weigh 140#'s soaking wet so don't start the obesity comments please

here is the reason why they don't offer a Blu teaser to get more people to book.

it is booked full as it is

The specialty restaurants offer all kinds of deals so they can fill the seats, no need to with Blu

Plus if the Blu cabins are not filling up at the rate they should they either raise the CC cabins or lower the Blu ones.

I wonder if there is a web site that tracks cabin cost over time like you can airfares?

I found this site which looks somewhat interesting

http://www.***************/stats/old.md

site is worthwhile to check out

sorry the site blocks the url not sure why they do not seem to book cruises cruise fish net

click on a cabin and it charts the pricing over time

The lunch for a fee as a Blu sampler sounds perfect

And you are only 2 ft tall :D j/k

The size of the steaks are Huge

The gnocy and size of the meat loaf is really small

I sailed in AQ on my first two Celebrity cruises. The difference in price comes to about $80 a night. That's essentially what you pay extra to eat in Blu, every night whether or not you eat there. We chose to eat in the MDR a few nights for the atmosphere, add in a trip to each specialty restaurant and approximately 30% of the time I was eating elsewhere.

That's why I chose to book a veranda my last two cruises. Blu was somewhat better, but not ALWAYS better than the MDR..and definately not $100 better ( adjusting for the 30% we paid for but didn't eat there ).

This upcoming cruise I chose to spend our money on a suite. That way we get a bigger room and can still eat in Blu a few times.

I do think you are right. The one time I did an AQ class room, I did like the shower in the AQ room, and Blu was OK. good but not great. Didn't really think it had the bang for the buck. I think I ended up eating there 2 nights of 7. I think like you mentioned, I prefer mixing up the dining choices with the MDR, and specialty restaraunts, found that the ideal combo

It is not the norm. You were on a charter? That is a whole different

ballgame.

On "regular cruises" Blu is for AQ guests only with suite passengers

accepted on a "space availabilty" basis.

Yes I was on Solstice's first ever charter shortly after she was delivered. The problem with Blu is the inability to bring new found friends into the restaurant so on our cruise most of the guests able to dine at Blu were in the MDR or in specialty restaurants leaving space wide open for other non-AQ guests. It's a great concept to have and creates a class system much like NCL does with the Haven complex and access to Cagney's for breakfast. However, it gets messed up quickly when you don't have guests staying in the same category as you.

Yes I was on Solstice's first ever charter shortly after she was delivered. The problem with Blu is the inability to bring new found friends into the restaurant so on our cruise most of the guests able to dine at Blu were in the MDR or in specialty restaurants leaving space wide open for other non-AQ guests. It's a great concept to have and creates a class system much like NCL does with the Haven complex and access to Cagney's for breakfast. However, it gets messed up quickly when you don't have guests staying in the same category as you.

Blu does not create a class system like the Haven on NCL. That is based upon how much you pay for your cabin, Blu is not, as a matter of fact those who pay the most are not guaranteed entry into Blu.

Don't believe it gets messed up, if you want to eat in Blu book an AQ cabin. Rules are simple. If I meet someone on board and want to eat with them in Blu, who gets excluded, another AQ guest. Its like so many things in life, once you make an exception for one, you have to make it for all.

We have Aqua Spa cabins on an upcoming cruise --- wondering if we have to eat in BLU or can we opt for the MDR if BLU isn't to our liking. I know we can do buffet & speciality dining, but am curious about the MDR

You can do MDR if you like , just have the people in Blu arrange it for you

The lunch for a fee as a Blu sampler sounds perfect for those wishing for a trial run. A couple of those per 7 day cruise or 3 on a 10 or more day cruise would give ample opportunity to experience the cuisine, service and ambiance we enjoy so much.

As per those "small portions"...they're not that small if you take all the courses or have multiples as we normally do.

We no longer balk at asking for 3 entrees for the two of us. The same holds true for appetizers, salads and desserts...we did 4 desserts twice on our last Solstice cruise.

We always walk away totally sated...fork lift was only required once to assist getting us out of Blu :eek:

Are you a male or female?

No way, no how...

Not true. It may be that you need to be in a suite, but it IS possible for others to eat in Blu. On Solstice 2 years ago we were booked in a Sky Suite, as were 2 other couples we were traveling with. We inquired, and were told they would accommodate us on a space available basis, which they did. We ate there one night, enjoyed it, though I don't recall details. Can't remember if we were charged or not but I don't think so.

The reason the more expensive suites do not get the option to eat in Blu is because it was not set up from the beginning based upon what you pay. It was set up as the whole concept of AQ and Blu is to provide a healthier option. Reflection is the only ship with AQ suites.

While it was designed for those in Aquasuites, those in more expensive suites CAN get in, if space allows. I know, because I've done it; see above. And Reflection is not the only ship with Aquasuites; they are available on all Solstice class ships (Solstice, Equinox, Eclipse, Silhouette and Reflection)

Not true. It may be that you need to be in a suite, but it IS possible for others to eat in Blu. On Solstice 2 years ago we were booked in a Sky Suite, as were 2 other couples we were traveling with. We inquired, and were told they would accommodate us on a space available basis, which they did. We ate there one night, enjoyed it, though I don't recall details. Can't remember if we were charged or not but I don't think so.

While it was designed for those in Aquasuites, those in more expensive suites CAN get in, if space allows. I know, because I've done it; see above. And Reflection is not the only ship with Aquasuites; they are available on all Solstice class ships (Solstice, Equinox, Eclipse, Silhouette and Reflection)

You are mistaken, only Reflection has Aqua Suites. Blu has always been for Aqua Class (and Aqua Suites plus Aqua Class on Reflection). Suites have always been able to dine at Blu on a space available basis (initially for a $5 surcharge per/person at dinner, but a while ago they did away with this charge). Nobody in a category below Aqua Class is permitted access to Blu.

No they are not :rolleyes:, I never had a problem

But maybe they just want to get rid of me :D

I agree with Don; the standard procedure for accessing the main dining room if in Aqua Class is to speak to the maitre'd at the select dining area of the main dining room; if space is available you will be accommodated (and almost always they are able to fit you in). That said IMHO Blu is a nice step up from the main dining room, so I personally would not want to dine in the MDR if I had access to Blu.

I agree with Don; the standard procedure for accessing the main dining room if in Aqua Class is to speak to the maitre'd at the select dining area of the main dining room; if space is available you will be accommodated (and almost always they are able to fit you in). That said IMHO Blu is a nice step up from the main dining room, so I personally would not want to dine in the MDR if I had access to Blu.

When I was on the Equinox in AQU, we ask the maitre'd in Blu about eat in main dinning room, since we had never been there, he said just let him know which night and he would make all the arrangements

So i guess standard procedure would depend on maitre'd on each ship :)

I think you may be confused, Blu was designed for Aqua Class cabins on Solstice, Equinox, Eclipse and Silhouette. These cabins are not considered suites. Reflection introduced Aqua Class suites and is the only ship that has them. They also have regular Aqua Class cabins.

Archived