Can non-Aqua Class people ever try Blu for a fee?

TorontoSailor

Have been on Celebrity a few times and really like it, but have never books Aqua Class. Many people who do seem to really enjoy Blu.

I was wondering if Celebrity ever let non-Aqua Class passengers try Blu for an extra fee. Could help entice some of us over to Aqua. Or is it strictly off-limits to passengers not in Aqua Class?

Would love to try it if there was a way. Anyone had any luck with this?

The OP has a good point though...it might entice folks to book AQ if they were able to try Blu and liked it. Personally, I'm not sure i'd enjoy it any more than the other dining venues, but I'm sure it could help attract folks to AQ.

Maybe they should/could do something off dining hours there - like a taste testing for folks who are on the fence about AQ.

I don't want to give them any ideas but they could even charge a nominal fee to do it...LOL

well I think it would be a good idea to let people try it, for an upcharge. In reading the boards it does not seem that every AQ class passenger loves Blu - some posters have written that they then requested to go to the MDR. But I guess they must be filling these cabins and don't need to entice anyone. I'd like to give it a try before committing for an entire cruise.

Tried it once when they weren't busy when I was in Conciege Class, and two other times while in suites on. I think one time I asked the food and beverage manager, other two times asked the manager at Blu.

I think like most everything, if you go at an off time, and ask nicely, they try best to accomodate. Food there was pretty good. I think I prefer Tuscan Grille, Lawn Club Grill, and Murano better, but Blu was a nice change for lighter fare from the MDR

The OP has a good point though...it might entice folks to book AQ if they were able to try Blu and liked it. Personally, I'm not sure i'd enjoy it any more than the other dining venues, but I'm sure it could help attract folks to AQ.

Maybe they should/could do something off dining hours there - like a taste testing for folks who are on the fence about AQ.

I don't want to give them any ideas but they could even charge a nominal fee to do it...LOL

One of the attractions of Blu is the uncrowded atmosphere and excellent service. So, I think Aria's suggestion to have a tasting off-hours has merit:Perhaps a brunch on a sea-day. Suite guests who can get in already pay a $5/person up charge during regular dining hours.

My wife and I like Blu so much that we always choose AQ. We like Murano and the Tuscan Grill, but wouldn't want to dine there nightly because the food is too rich. Blu, however, is wonderful for regular nightly dining.

I've been told that if you are in a suite - have your butler do the request to get you into Blu, might not be the time you'd like but that he can most likely get you in. We've never dined in Blu but on our 14 nighter on Eclipse - I'm asking our butler to get us in 1 time, (on the night of soft shelled crab for me :)). What I don't understand is why the more expensive suites don't get the option of Blu because if I understand it right - there are no AQ suites. Please correct me if that is wrong.

I've been told that if you are in a suite - have your butler do the request to get you into Blu, might not be the time you'd like but that he can most likely get you in. We've never dined in Blu but on our 14 nighter on Eclipse - I'm asking our butler to get us in 1 time, (on the night of soft shelled crab for me :)). What I don't understand is why the more expensive suites don't get the option of Blu because if I understand it right - there are no AQ suites. Please correct me if that is wrong.

Your butler can make specialty reservations, but has little influence with the Maitre'd in Blu. At least that was my experience. They told him to take a hike. :)

I was a standard balcony guest and dined in Blu on the Solstice on her first **charter** cruise. As cruise guests who had access to Blu were not using the restaurant they opened it up for a nominal surcharge of $5 per person for the rest of the guests. It was a first come, first serve basis. The night we were late in Curacao I dined there and had great service by a former NCL waitress named Nalan. The restaurant was dead. It was a great dinner service and the food in the restaurant was great!

From other posters it doesn't seem like this is the norm on the regular voyages. :(

I was a standard balcony guest and dined in Blu on the Solstice on her first **charter** cruise. As cruise guests who had access to Blu were not using the restaurant they opened it up for a nominal surcharge of $5 per person for the rest of the guests. It was a first come, first serve basis. The night we were late in Curacao I dined there and had great service by a former NCL waitress named Nalan. The restaurant was dead. It was a great dinner service and the food in the restaurant was great!

From other posters it doesn't seem like this is the norm on the regular voyages. :(

It is not the norm. You were on a charter? That is a whole different

ballgame.

On "regular cruises" Blu is for AQ guests only with suite passengers

accepted on a "space availabilty" basis.

well I think it would be a good idea to let people try it, for an upcharge. In reading the boards it does not seem that every AQ class passenger loves Blu - some posters have written that they then requested to go to the MDR. But I guess they must be filling these cabins and don't need to entice anyone. I'd like to give it a try before committing for an entire cruise.

I agree. I am tempted by AQ cabins but would to try Aqua style food. I like the idea of having off hours or maybe a sampler for the folks on the fence.

The reason the more expensive suites do not get the option to eat in Blu is because it was not set up from the beginning based upon what you pay. It was set up as the whole concept of AQ and Blu is to provide a healthier option. Reflection is the only ship with AQ suites.

I sailed in AQ on my first two Celebrity cruises. The difference in price comes to about $80 a night. That's essentially what you pay extra to eat in Blu, every night whether or not you eat there. We chose to eat in the MDR a few nights for the atmosphere, add in a trip to each specialty restaurant and approximately 30% of the time I was eating elsewhere.

That's why I chose to book a veranda my last two cruises. Blu was somewhat better, but not ALWAYS better than the MDR..and definately not $100 better ( adjusting for the 30% we paid for but didn't eat there ).

This upcoming cruise I chose to spend our money on a suite. That way we get a bigger room and can still eat in Blu a few times.

BLU is just about large enough to take care of the AQ pax..and the suite guests on an available basis..

We think BLU is worth the extra cruise fare and would hate to see it become more crowded...

but a sampler luncheon for non AQ guests might be a nice idea...not everyone likes the healthier fare... smaller portions . less salt & fatty gravies etc... or the non- large table seating plan...

Archived