Aruba and Curacao?

colesc15

I'm already looking for cruises for next March, and I really wanted to do Southern Caribbean to Aruba and Curacao. With Adventure of the Seas going into dry dock after her March 2nd cruise in 2014, it pretty much eliminates those two ports from my option on Royal Caribbean because I don't want to do an 11 day cruise and I don't want to go out of Colon either. I posted this a week or so ago and it got moved and I got little response so please don't move this again. :) I want to stay on Royal Caribbean, but I don't think I'm going to have any other options. The new Sunshine class ships won't be done yet so. If I did the Princess cruise, I believe it's a 10 day cruise out of Ft Lauderdale.. or the 8 day Carnival Breeze to these ports, would I be disappointed since I've fallen in love with Royal?

Both of these other cruises go to where I want to go, and the Princess cruise is about $1000 more total for 2 people in a balcony versus the Carnival one. Would it be worth it for 2 extra days and on Princess instead of Carnival? Like I said, I'd prefer to stay on Royal but I don't think there's another option. Which would you Royal Cruisers choose? :)

I hope this doesn't get moved again.

We cruised Princess to AK, it was ok, but we like Royal much better. Also, with all of the issues CCL has been having, I would not do Princess or Carnival.

Aruba and Curaçao are both great ports, but there are many great ports in the Southern routes, have you been to Barbados, st kitts, st croix, Antigua and others?

The legend will be sailing out of ft Lauderdale and will hit Aruba, not sure about curaçao. BUT 10 or 11 nites. You might try Holland America. Many of their ships go to both Aruba and curaçao and may be less number of days. Their newer ships are up to date but you may encounter an older crowd on their cruises over 7 nites.

I'm already looking for cruises for next March, and I really wanted to do Southern Caribbean to Aruba and Curacao. With Adventure of the Seas going into dry dock after her March 2nd cruise in 2014, it pretty much eliminates those two ports from my option on Royal Caribbean because I don't want to do an 11 day cruise and I don't want to go out of Colon either. I posted this a week or so ago and it got moved and I got little response so please don't move this again. :) I want to stay on Royal Caribbean, but I don't think I'm going to have any other options. The new Sunshine class ships won't be done yet so. If I did the Princess cruise, I believe it's a 10 day cruise out of Ft Lauderdale.. or the 8 day Carnival Breeze to these ports, would I be disappointed since I've fallen in love with Royal?

Both of these other cruises go to where I want to go, and the Princess cruise is about $1000 more total for 2 people in a balcony versus the Carnival one. Would it be worth it for 2 extra days and on Princess instead of Carnival? Like I said, I'd prefer to stay on Royal but I don't think there's another option. Which would you Royal Cruisers choose? :)

Book Princess if it fits in your Cruise budget. They offer a great product. Ya never know you just might fall in love with Princess. We're not loyal to any one Cruise line. We always have enjoyed sailing different lines and what makes them different.

Aren't there cruises out of San Juan that does both ports? We are doing a B2B on the Jewel this June...........so we get the whole Southern Caribbean. Maybe RCCL will have a replacement for AOS for next March. Or a European ship may be re-deployed to SJU since RCCL is re-thinking Europe because they have too many ships there.

If the Princess ship is the Caribbean Princess, then yes, I would do that it a heart beat. Its a great ship with a great staff. Dont be afraid to try another line. I would skip Carnival. ;)

We cruised Princess to AK, it was ok, but we like Royal much better. Also, with all of the issues CCL has been having, I would not do Princess or Carnival.

Aruba and Curaçao are both great ports, but there are many great ports in the Southern routes, have you been to Barbados, st kitts, st croix, Antigua and others?

Only been to Antigua out of those listed

The legend will be sailing out of ft Lauderdale and will hit Aruba, not sure about curaçao. BUT 10 or 11 nites. You might try Holland America. Many of their ships go to both Aruba and curaçao and may be less number of days. Their newer ships are up to date but you may encounter an older crowd on their cruises over 7 nites.

I thought about it but Holland would be too relaxed for me. We're only in our early 20's so we wouldn't fit well.

Princess offers a fine product. I would not hesitiate to do a Princess cruise regardless of the ship. Holland will have an "older crowd", for sure. :)

For $1000 more than Carnival Breeze though? Since it's a Brand new ship it doesn't scare me as much from going from Royal.

I'd prefer an Eastern Itinerary to Aruba and Curacao.

Having said that, the Breeze 8-day to Grand Turk, LaRomana, Curacao and Aruba was nice. The Breeze is no Allure or Oasis, but it's practically new, very clean and more subdued decor than it's predecessor ships; we thought the MDR Service and Food was very good and the entertainment decent (they've gone to high tech, 30 minute, loud, hi-energy shows with no SHOW Band, and a neat LED backdrop - same performers do all 4 shows).

Grand Turk is a great Beach day right at the pier. La Romana is a good stay-on-the-ship day. Curacao's Willemstad (right at the mega pier) is very scenic and makes for a great self-guided walking tour, and Aruba is a good Beach Day or Island Tour (we used "Bully" - highly recommended).

ken

Crown Princess has a cruise out of Ft.Lauderdale for 7 Days

that goes to both Aruba and Curacao. I know because we are booked on it January 18, 2014. The other port stop is Princess Cays.

Ft.Lauderdale ... Princess Cays ... AtSea ... Curacao ... Aruba ... AtSea ... AtSea ... disembark Ft.Lauderdale.

LuLu

~~~~

Crown Princess has a cruise out of Ft.Lauderdale for 7 Days

that goes to both Aruba and Curacao. I know because we are booked on it January 18, 2014. The other port stop is Princess Cays.

Ft.Lauderdale ... Princess Cays ... AtSea ... Curacao ... Aruba ... AtSea ... AtSea ... disembark Ft.Lauderdale.

LuLu

~~~~

It doesn't go into March 2014 though. I wish royal had a ship taking adventures place when it goes into dry dock so we didn't have to go on a different line. I just feel like I'm going to be disappointed on breeze after being on freedom of the seas and now allure coming up

For March 2014 the only 10 day or less cruises going to both Aruba and Curacao out of Florida are HAL Zuiderdam and Carnival Freedom from Ft Lauderdale and Carnival Breeze from Miami. RCI Adventure sails on March 2 from San Juan if you could depart from that port.

It doesn't go into March 2014 though. I wish royal had a ship taking adventures place when it goes into dry dock so we didn't have to go on a different line. I just feel like I'm going to be disappointed on breeze after being on freedom of the seas and now allure coming up

Have you ever been on Jewel or the other Radiance class ships? Best kept secret in the fleet!

I was on the Emerald Princess in November 2012 and did the 10 day cruise. All of the islands that you will visit are very nice. I feel that the Princess line is a little bit better then Carnival but Carnival has a lot more energy.

Princess usually has an older crowd but that did not bother me or the younger people I spoke with. It was a great cruise but the food quality has gone down but that seems to be the case for all cruise lines.

One thing I will say is that the staff on Emerald Princess always went out of their way for me. I actually sat at a table of 9 and the waiter was the best waiter I have ever had on any cruise. I love the fact you can get pizza, burgers and fries from 11:00 am till 11:00 pm. You will not go hungry on this ship.

Is the March 2nd cruise not available for you?

I have a friend who cruises on Princess and she loves them. I would consider Princess based on her recommendations.

It's the week before it's dry dock so I am trying to avoid it. And I technically need a cruise mid March due to spring break being that week

Archived