VIP is now PRIORITY??

Quick question - nothing earth shattering, just wondering.

Last cruise we took the Fun Pass and luggage tags said VIP on them and I just printed out the Fun Pass and luggage tags for next week's cruise and it says PRIORITY where the VIP was. Did CCL change this? Anythng I should expect at the port?

THANKS!

Yup.

They got confused by calling their VIP program VIFP, and now everyone is VIFP, just with certain values. It was the faux pas du jour of CCL that day. So their fix was to drop VIP on call it priority.

Possibly some remnant threads about this in here.

I'm curious too ... I had "VIP" printed on my boarding pass in the past as well (prior to Platinum status) but I assumed it was because we had booked a suite-type room, which did include priority embarkation. Was your VIP boarding pass in a suite or mini suite?

Not to add further confusion but, you are Platinum yes?

Does that not make you VIP automatically?

Maybe I just need clarity to what the responses were to your thread.

And if you are platinum you just lost some benefits.

Not that I am platinum, but my sister is (and we travel on her shiny coat tails ;) )- what benefits did the platinum people lose?

I know my DH got demoted to Red from Gold, but I'm still Gold (and probably will be for a long time, now)

Just curious, mostly. I don't think DS knows she's lost benefits.

Not that I am platinum, but my sister is (and we travel on her shiny coat tails ;) )- what benefits did the platinum people lose?

I know my DH got demoted to Red from Gold, but I'm still Gold (and probably will be for a long time, now)

Just curious, mostly. I don't think DS knows she's lost benefits.

Free blackjack tourney

Guaranteed dining preferences

Unlimited free laundry (no big deal as it is now 3 bags per person

plate of Horedoeurves delivered to cabin

First one is the one that bothers me. So unnecessary.

Free blackjack tourney

Guaranteed dining preferences

Unlimited free laundry (no big deal as it is now 3 bags per person

plate of Horedoeurves delivered to cabin

First one is the one that bothers me. So unnecessary.

Also lost free slot tournament :( Now it's BOGO, lol. Buy one entry, get an entry.:rolleyes:

Since Carnival changed their "wording" to everyone being a VIFP (very important fun person)....

it was to confusing to have VIP on the luggage tags...so now Platinum, Diamond, Suites and FTTF have Priority.

Also be aware that I read some ports (Galveston I think) add an ORANGE sticker to your luggage so make sure IF you are suppose to have early luggage delivery, that you ask IF there is any other stickers that need to be on your luggage.....

Since Carnival changed their "wording" to everyone being a VIFP (very important fun person)....

it was to confusing to have VIP on the luggage tags...so now Platinum, Diamond, Suites and FTTF have Priority.

Also be aware that I read some ports (Galveston I think) add an ORANGE sticker to your luggage so make sure IF you are suppose to have early luggage delivery, that you ask IF there is any other stickers that need to be on your luggage.....

With all the new changes it's hard to keep up...who gets early luggage delivery?

On the tags for my upcoming cruise, it has both "Priority" (which I assumed is the same as VIP) and the FTTF logo. :confused: I thought this was a little odd since I'm Platinum and so don't need (or want) to buy the FTTF program. And I certainly didn't buy the FTTF. Do they just put FTTF on everyone's tags now?

On the tags for my upcoming cruise, it has both "Priority" (which I assumed is the same as VIP) and the FTTF logo. :confused: I thought this was a little odd since I'm Platinum and so don't need (or want) to buy the FTTF program. And I certainly didn't buy the FTTF. Do they just put FTTF on everyone's tags now?

No worries, Avril. They put the FTTF symbol on all luggage that is to have rapid delivery. It's just a simplified way to differentiate luggage for faster delivery, rather than have different categories of luggage, I assume. In July, my tags still said VIP. My luggage a few weeks ago said priority, but last week when I printed out my tags for the next trip, it had already changed to the FTTF symbol. One day, they will settle on a method to the madness! :)

Carnival has helped us look at lines we haven't sailed recently because of there changes. We went to Norwegian and turned Platinum, each cruise we received a bottle of champagne in our stateroom, dinner for 2 at a specialty restaurant with a bottle of wine for each platinum guest, chocolate covered strawberries, a box of chocolates, andes mint nightly, prefered tendering and debark, FCC to use over the next 4 years, the food was excellent and I came home and booked 3 more with them.

I share the same feelings as martinchem, Carnival has only themselves to thank for that.

I have barely hit Platinum and many of the incentives changed.

I feel taunted by Carnival .... "Yay! you've reached Platinum!! Awww, too bad for you though, your too late! We moved or eliminated some of what motivated you to get here ... Oh and by the way, the perks you have currently earned by being loyal and spending several thousands of dollars with us? Ya, we're not going to make the people behind you earn their way in ... we're just gonna give it away to anyone who wants it for $50.00"

:eek: :mad:

Don't get me wrong, I am sincerely very happy for anyone who can bypass those crazy lines and get some great perks for $50.00.... I just wish I didn't "choose" to get sucked in to the lure of going Platinum.

Archived