CNN reporting another Carnival Ship having trouble (The Dream)

vinsheer

I heard Carnival is starting up a new airline....anyone interested in purchasing a ticket? The flight times could be much shorter. lol

Oh my gosh, can you imagine? We chuckle about it, but why do we risk our lives sailing Carnival's doomed ships?

If anyone on the ship now is reading Book a room now in a hotel on the island... Just in case they cant sail back. It will be a nightmare to book all of the people on flights and find rooms for all on the ship.. Make your plan now and prepare for the worse so if it happens you are ready..

Best of luck

Stay low

Good suggestion! With it being the busiest week for spring break I'm sure most of the hotels are already at or near capacity.

Wow. This is definitely not good for Carnival, in light of the recent Triumph incident. At least the ship is docked and not drifting powerless in the Gulf. If the problems can't be fixed soon, at least the passengers will have the ability to disembark and step on dry land.

If they let them leave the ship.

They haven't been letting people off.

Things are not looking good for Carnival. I've been getting "SALE!!!" emails from them every couple days since the Triumph incident. It's to the point of being ridiculous.

Carnival Dream Reports Problems in St. Maarten

MIAMI March 14, 2013 (AP)

A month after a Carnival cruise ship was stranded for five days in the Gulf of Mexico, another of its cruise ships is reporting equipment problems in the Caribbean.

A U.S. Coast Guard spokeswoman in Miami said Thursday that Carnival Dream's captain notified the agency of possible trouble with the ship's propulsion system.

The cruise ship, which has a capacity of 3,646 passengers and 1,367 crew members, is docked at Phillipsburg in St. Maarten.

Carnival officials didn't immediately return a phone call or email seeking comment.

Petty Officer Sabrina Laberdesque says the ship has sewage and power and officials are working to correct the problems. She says the Coast Guard is not involved because the ship is moored.

An engine fire crippled the Carnival Triumph in February, leaving 4,200 without working toilets or power.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/carnival-dream-reports-problems-st-maarten-18726925

But CNN is reporting onboard pax that there is overflowing toilets. CNN would never misrepresent the facts and would never say anything negative against carnival. So the brave men and women of the coast guard must be lying.

I can understand one of the older ships having problems, but not one of the "newer" ones. Makes me think CCL may not be maintaining their ships the way they should be. Not good for CCL...

Really?

How many of us have had brand news cars and 6 months down the road with have had problems with it? The ships and their engines are designed to last for many many years. Look at Grey Hound busses. Most of them travel over a million miles before they are retired. If I were to have one guess it would be lack of maintenance

Well, common sense, the ship was supposed to leave St. Maarten yesterday and it's still in port with major problems.

Well, all we really know at the moment is that the ship is having problems. We don't know the extent of the problems yet. But let's not let that detract from fueling the speculation mill. :rolleyes:

But did you read in the article that the Coast Guard is not aware of the Dream having any problems. I'm sure if Carnival was having a problem like this the Coast Guard would be made aware of it. However, ships do have problems. Still will not deter me from my vacation.

Why would people stay on the ship if their toilet is flooring? They can get off ship if they choose to

No, thank can't. Carnival is not letting them off at this time. If they were allowed to get off, the ship gets fixed, then they have to wait for everyone to either return, or leave them stranded in the port.

At least they are on the land. They have option of fly home if they so choose, or spent more time on island.

If they have passports, they have that choice.

If this is a closed loop cruise, I'm sure not everyone will have passports.

John Heald just posted:

The Carnival Dream has a technical issue which our engineering team is currently working on. The ship is at dock in St. Maarten. At no time did the ship lose power but there were periodic interruptions to elevators and toilets for a few hours last night. However at this time all hotel systems are functioning normally and have been functional since approximately 12.30am. The ship has full power but is still at dock while personnel continue to work on the technical issue. The Carnival Dream was on a seven-day cruise and is based in Port Canaveral, Fla.

But CNN is reporting onboard pax that there is overflowing toilets. CNN would never misrepresent the facts and would never say anything negative against carnival. So the brave men and women of the coast guard must be lying.

Kinds makes you want to stop by CNN headquarters next time your in town and plug up a bunch of toilets......and flush!!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

The Saturday sailing will definitely be delayed. It is 1324 miles from St. Maartin to Port Canaveral, at 21 knots, that is 63 hours, or 2300 hours arrival time on Saturday night if she left right now, plus turn around.

Even if she could do 24 knots (not sure), it would be 55 hours, or 1500 hours on Saturday arrival, plus turn around.

Next cruise will be shortened.

But did you read in the article that the Coast Guard is not aware of the Dream having any problems. I'm sure if Carnival was having a problem like this the Coast Guard would be made aware of it. However, ships do have problems. Still will not deter me from my vacation.

The Coast Guard is aware they are having problems. Someone posted an updated story.

Since the ship is moored in a foreign port, there is nothing the US Coast Guard can do.

Archived