CNN reporting another Carnival Ship having trouble (The Dream)

vinsheer

[quote name='truck1']Welcome. If I hadn't gone over to the port at the end of last year I never would have known it was open. We saw the Ecstacy leave from there. It looks leaps and bounds over the other terminals. According to the port there are plans in place for when there are more then 1 CCL ship in this port. CCL and RCL shuffled there ships around between the 3 terminals.[/quote]

The thing is can the other ports /terminals handle a ship the size of the Dream.

[quote name='dave_k63']John Heald is reporting on it on his facebook page. Sadly = this incident appears to be true.[/quote]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=darkorange]I think it was pretty evident that it was true before JH posted on FB.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff8c00][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff8c00]Still nothing showing on Carnival's website.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]

Sheesh. Don't you people have anything ever break down? In the space of two weeks three people at my office have had well maintained vehicles break down. One lady's twice!! Are you going to quit driving?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

[quote name='Half Pint']
Since the ship is moored in a foreign port, there is nothing the US Coast Guard can do.[/quote]

Not entirely true. The ship is bound for the U.S. I dont know enough about what's going on to speculate about enforcement actions, but if need be, USCG can and will intervene.

[quote name='kybluecruiser'] Ships industry wide have technical issues all the time.[/quote]

How many times can that excuse be used?

[quote name='wegiekat']Sheesh. Don't you people have anything ever break down? In the space of two weeks three people at my office have had well maintained vehicles break down. One lady's twice!! Are you going to quit driving?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2[/QUOTE]

How many of those people vacation in their vehicles?

[quote name='wegiekat']Sheesh. Don't you people have anything ever break down? In the space of two weeks three people at my office have had well maintained vehicles break down. One lady's twice!! Are you going to quit driving?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2[/quote]
No ,but I would buy a different [U]brand[/U] of car ;)

[B][COLOR=blue]At work and don't have to read entire thread but on FB it says it is docked in St. Martin, engineers are addressing technical issue, ship never lost power, periodic interruptions last night for a few hours to toilets/elevators, but since 12:30 a.m. all hotel functions were working. Ship has full power.[/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=#0000ff][/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=#0000ff]Happy Sailing,[/COLOR][/B]

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2[/QUOTE]

Amen

The harbor at St Maarten is now crowded with 5 ships. Carnival Dream, RCCL Freedom of the Seas, Holland America Westerdam and Celebrity Summit. All those ships are at the dock. Holland America Noordam is moored off shore perhaps because there's no more dock space and perhaps they are tendering passengers to shore.

[quote name='Flying is for Planes']"There's human waste all over the floor in some of the bathrooms and they're overflowing -- and in the state rooms," he said. "

Read more: [URL]http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/world/carnival-dream-cruise-stuck-in-philipsburg-st-maarten-passengers-report-overflowing-toilets#ixzz2NVmqDPaU[/URL]

.[/quote]
seriously... after 15hrs... step away from the buritto bar
also another good reason not to cram 5 people in a cabin

Sorry to hear about this. Now that they have power, I am sure the ship will be sailing soon. Of course they are not going to let anyone off the ship because the crew would not have any contact with passengers and if they got underway, people could miss the ship. Passenger safety is #1.
Silver lining here: Thank goodness this happened in port. The ship was not adrift and they would never run out of any supplies.
Carnival just cant catch a break. This happening only days after their top to bottom review of their ships.

Carnival Cruise Lines has posted an announcement about it on their FB page, and here is a genius comment someone made:
[I]"Get your facts folks. They are docked, but NOT allowed off the ship!!! Also Carnival owns Royal Caribbean and 75% of all cruise ships."[/I]

I LOLed. I love how the person saying "get your facts" is totally wrong.

Apples to oranges. It is a different type of quality control. Parts are supposed to be replaced prior to a failure point on a ship, unlike your friends vehicles.

Substitute "airplane" for "vehicles" in your sentence and you'll get the idea.

[SIZE=3][COLOR=royalblue]Your joking right !!??!![/COLOR][/SIZE] :confused:

[quote name='DebbyDee']Hmmm... 'multiple' passengers (from a ship capable of holding 5,000) have reported .....? No record from Coast Guard ....

Why am I a little suspicious of the credibility of this actually happening?[/quote]

How about because since the ship is docked in a foreign nation the coast guard has no jurisdiction. The ship is still in Phillipsburg this morning so clearly something is wrong.

I am very suspicious of people who doubt these reports.

[quote name='Jdfireman']Reports of Black smoke out of the stack on the ship I guess they still have not elected a new captain[/quote]

[B][COLOR=blue]Bawawawawawa!!! [/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=#0000ff]Happy Sailing,[/COLOR][/B]

1) at least this happened while docked this time...

2) thankfully, Carnival is being careful this time and not just slapping a band-aid on the problem and trying to fix enroute home. (the exact same scenario as the Triumph. Finished cruise and heading home. Just a MUCH longer sea day home this time.)

3) I would be doing cartwheels onboard if I was on, as DW and I have passports and if they do decide to fly everyone home, we would be in the first groups heading home, while the birth certificate folks were waiting for consulate to arrange to get them home.

Sorry for the folks on Saturday's cruise, since getting ship back on Saturday is now an impossibility. (no matter what Brittany on 1-800-Carnival says.)
Hopefully they fix it soon and at least get back by Sunday.

Bill

[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=darkorange]Seriously? hmmm...yes my car could break down and if it did I would be on dry land, could call AAA to tow it, get a ride back to my home and relax or whatever until it was fixed...no big deal.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff8c00]On a cruise ship...stuck, cannot get off ship....if no power then miserable, if no toilets, well you see the point.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff8c00]I cannot see comparing the breaking down of a vehicle to this matter. No where is there even a remotely close comparison.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]

Archived