CNN reporting another Carnival Ship having trouble (The Dream)

vinsheer

On her first sailing from Pt. Canaveral in 2009 the Dream was dead in the water for about an hour: toilets, elevators, A/C, etc. all non-functional. That was my first and last Bloggers Cruise (but that had nothing to do with my decision).

Yes, such issues do seem to be plaguing Carnival proportionally more than other lines, at least anecdotally. I hope that "cheap" has not come home to roost!

Tom

Bring on the sales!!! lol

And the bad thing is, they are already having sales... and I am not seeing any more cabins disappearing from my sailing?? Me thinks people are getting a little skeerrreed... Hopefully, they don't start pulling all their ships out one at a time to check them... Actually that would be a good thing for safety, a bad thing for their sales which could make them increase pricing to make up for the losses. Oh well....

On her first sailing from Pt. Canaveral in 2009 the Dream was dead in the water for about an hour: toilets, elevators, A/C, etc. all non-functional. That was my first and last Bloggers Cruise (but that had nothing to do with my decision).

Yes, such issues do seem to be plaguing Carnival proportionally more than other lines, at least anecdotally. I hope that "cheap" has not come home to roost!

Tom

It is starting to look like it has.

Wow. This is definitely not good for Carnival, in light of the recent Triumph incident. At least the ship is docked and not drifting powerless in the Gulf. If the problems can't be fixed soon, at least the passengers will have the ability to disembark and step on dry land.

We were supposed to be on the Victory in October, but after the Triumph issues and the Victory then having propulsion issues, the Mrs. insisted we cancel. We're going to Vegas now instead. I will miss cruising, but she was adamant, perhaps next year I can get her on one. However, if this story does turn out to be true about the Dream (which I see no reason why it isn't even though Carnival hasn't confirmed it), it may be harder than I thought to convince her.

Yikes....not a good thing...we were on the Dream in November....it's a nice ship even if it is huge:) The only thing that is keeping me from being worried on our upcoming Canada cruise on the Glory is that we'll probably not be far from land throughout the cruise:eek:

I have to say if I were on the ship I'd already be asking they put me on a plane home...I would NOT be taking any chances! They're lucky that they're in port, in light of what went on with the Triumph. I hope Carnival does the right thing.

OH, Please let this not be happening! Our's is the next up cruise out of Port Canaveral on Her:eek:

My husband and I were just talking about this :(

We just booked her for a 2nd time for October/Western Caribbean

Same itinerary, same staterooms almost exact same dates as our last!

And I booked early saver for my fall cruise. Friends also booked early saver.

There are also two first timers on this cruise . Crap... will cost a lot of bucks to cancel... and rebook another line. Looks like I will be on the Victory, unless she is out of service getting maintenance...

Well, let's don't go "overflowing with crap" here, speculating what's wrong and why and "j'accuse" Carnival for malfeasence on everything. Yes! there's a serious problem here and may well be an issue for all Carnival ships. But to "Chicken Little" over these mishaps is probably going too far--like the Prez's sequester meltdown.

Those of you who can relay real news, please do so, especially from passengers on board. For the rest of us, since we're in no position to "do something" let's keep a bit more civil tongue and wait to see what the issue(s) are and hope that all passengers are safe.

Hey, why can't they just send another ship and transfer the passengers to the other ship via lifeboats?

Oops...sorry...wrong thread....lol.

Back to topic, I don't think it's Carnival's decision on whether the passengers can get off the ship, wouldn't the port authority have the say on that?

If it is Carnival's decision on whether people can get off the ship, then I can see that if they let people get off and the issue gets fixed, then they have to either wait of those people to get back on before leaving or they will have to leave them there. That would be a nightmare either way.

Well, let's don't go "overflowing with crap" here, speculating what's wrong and why and "j'accuse" Carnival for malfeasence on everything. Yes! there's a serious problem here and may well be an issue for all Carnival ships. But to "Chicken Little" over these mishaps is probably going too far--like the Prez's sequester meltdown.

Those of you who can relay real news, please do so, especially from passengers on board. For the rest of us, since we're in no position to "do something" let's keep a bit more civil tongue and wait to see what the issue(s) are and hope that all passengers are safe.

Why not? This is a message board. No need to take any of what's discussed here back into real life, unless one chooses to.

And until something official is released, the silence will cause many to speculate. And also realize one may have an overflowing toilet, when another will not.

And those jumping to hypebole can use both scenarios to generate it.

I was also wondering why they wouldn't allow anyone off the ship, but then I thought, If I were the captain, I would want all passengers aboard so that when we were ready to sail we wouldn't be waitingon anyone. They're already at least 10 hrs behind schedule, they're probably hoping to be sailing back to Port Canaveral soon. And at least they are in port so that if they have to fly everyone back home they can.

Just keeping tuned it, we're set to sail on her in June. That's still quite a ways off, staying optimistic at this time. I do have until Monday to cancel and still get a full refund... I'll be watching closely.

Archived